Bit Of A Yarn

Sheriff????

Newmarket

7 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

I see raka got 2nd last week after good win. 

Yes I don't know why the Aussies have a knack of getting the best out of our horses that seem past Their best here, idoms trotters final.., Audi hare also another racing in forbury claimers a few years ago, now competitive in interdoms Pacers section.

On 23/12/2018 at 5:57 PM, Flagship uberalles said:

Yes I don't know why the Aussies have a knack of getting the best out of our horses that seem past Their best here, idoms trotters final.., Audi hare also another racing in forbury claimers a few years ago, now competitive in interdoms Pacers section.

Its not just horses "past their best". A lot of  upcomming and average horses grow a leg when transfered to aus. The reason IMO is that they train and drive them differently. Agressive training, trials and then  racing hard week in week out. I believe we are too soft here in Nz  racing. in most cases every couple of weeks and then  racing with a cover in a sprint home. Most are afraid to sit parked or make a move untill the straight as they might flatten the horse. Look how they race in Aus, leading or sitting parked is often the place to be and then they race again the next week. They dont seem to get tired in Aus by a hard run one week, come out the next week and run better. It must be in the training and the horses are a lot tougher than we in NZ give them credit for. there are coutless examples of these types of horse in Aus, Tiger T., Smoken Up, Blackes a fake, all the Tritton. Puzzuto, Hall, Lilley, Stewart etc horses. A large percentage of these ex NZ ones. 

A lot of Nz trainers could do with going to Aus for  a stint  and then come back and use their methods, Despite what some will say i believe the All stars have mastered this Aussie technique of training and is why they have success with their horses being able to sit parked and still win. 

Edited by Harewood
spelling
  • Champ Post 1

• 2 weeks later...