Bit Of A Yarn

S Renault, N Ydgren & C Tibbs?

Newmarket

Now you 3 Stipes. How about answering a question for me. We know that every  punter, owner and trainer are looking for consistency. So come on do it, seems you favour some. Look at Scarlett Banner, raced yesterday 5th Jan at Rangiora, broke lost all chance. NO WARNING. 

23rd Dec, Broke at Start, paced. NO WARNING. 

14th Dec, Connections stated in foal, trotted roughly, could not be driven out. NO WARNING. 

6th Dec, Paced at 2nd attempt at start, lost ground. NO WARNING. 

30th Nov, Switched to pace, lost chance. NO WARNING. 

13th Nov, Broke Start, switched to pace. NO WARNING. 

What the hell does this horse have to do to get a warning???

Please let me know

• Like 1

Well, where does one start.

Form line is probably just as important as the breaking 2;P;9;7;2;13;14

It is a trotter so can pretty much break all it wants. The fact it goes out near enough favourite every start and it had a second three starts ago helps too so they may take the attitude the breaking comes with the territory with Scarlett Banner.

A key factor which I can't answer is whether or not Scarlett Banner interferes with other horses when it breaks. That can draw  more attention to it.

The pacing is more of an issue. It should be required to trial satisfactorily  (trot the whole way) If it is pacing as the punters are not getting a fair go. A trotter should be trotting!

As for the stipes, I joke about the 'Beragio rule' where he broke 8 times in a row and they did nothing but that is about the standard they set. Breaking is not really on their radar. Probably requires too much follow up work etc so they can't be bothered. I see Andrew Stuart's horse Phoenix Arizona got a warning after only 2 breaks in a row. Even though its third to last start was a win from a stand!

And Thornley can drive the way he did at Oamakau on Balraj and nothing is even asked yet then someone else can do the same and get hammered. I am confused.

As an aside, Scarlett Banner is another horse the TAB really love as there is always money on it but no sane punter would touch it with a stipes report like what she has. 

Consistency? Don't hold your breath.

• Like 3

Yet they will ask the stupid questions like why did Queen Bee Bardon seemingly improve from her run at Omakau.

You are brain dead if you can not see it was obvious after getting beaten at Omakau against the open class pacers when driven with a 25sec first quarter in a race run in a 1:54 mile rate with a last 800m in 55.9, compared to her win yesterday in a 2:02 mile rate where she did no work early and jogged home against much weaker opposition in 58. 

Stop asking the stupid questions and come down harder on serial breakers and drivers who do not give favourites every chance to win! 

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

46 minutes ago, Nowornever said:

Yet they will ask the stupid questions like why did Queen Bee Bardon seemingly improve from her run at Omakau.

You are brain dead if you can not see it was obvious after getting beaten at Omakau against the open class pacers when driven with a 25sec first quarter in a race run in a 1:54 mile rate with a last 800m in 55.9, compared to her win yesterday in a 2:02 mile rate where she did no work early and jogged home against much weaker opposition in 58. 

Stop asking the stupid questions and come down harder on serial breakers and drivers who do not give favourites every chance to win! 

Too true, some of the questions they ask trainers regarding a form reversal makes you laugh

• Like 1

is any one concerned with late scratching of days of change race 10 oamaru on december 1st

Stewards: S Renault (Chairman), S Wallis, K Coppins

DAYS OF CHANGE - refused to leave the pre-race circle and then shifted outwards onto the grass area on the outside of the track with the gelding unable to score up. Declared a non runner by Stewards under Rule 213(1)(e). Stood down to complete one satisfactory trial.

and the non late scratching of kotare yolande race 8 central otago on january 2nd

Stewards:

V Munro (Chairman), N McIntyre, K Coppins

KOTARE YOLANDE - broke in the score-up checking IDEAL DRAW, necessitating a false start be declared. Driver J Dunn elected to remain in his allotted position for the restart, however after further indiscretions the filly was sent to the Unruly position on the outside of the second line by the Starter Mr B Ward pursuant to Rule 860(8). A warning was placed on the mobile barrier record of the filly. Initially refused to exit the pre-race circle of the restart with the other runners and was very slow to begin, losing all chance. Following the running of this event the All Clear was withheld until the Stewards had viewed the replays and were satisfied this runner had not been denied a fair start.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Well, where does one start.

Form line is probably just as important as the breaking 2;P;9;7;2;13;14

It is a trotter so can pretty much break all it wants. The fact it goes out near enough favourite every start and it had a second three starts ago helps too so they may take the attitude the breaking comes with the territory with Scarlett Banner.

A key factor which I can't answer is whether or not Scarlett Banner interferes with other horses when it breaks. That can draw  more attention to it.

The pacing is more of an issue. It should be required to trial satisfactorily  (trot the whole way) If it is pacing as the punters are not getting a fair go. A trotter should be trotting!

As for the stipes, I joke about the 'Beragio rule' where he broke 8 times in a row and they did nothing but that is about the standard they set. Breaking is not really on their radar. Probably requires too much follow up work etc so they can't be bothered. I see Andrew Stuart's horse Phoenix Arizona got a warning after only 2 breaks in a row. Even though its third to last start was a win from a stand!

And Thornley can drive the way he did at Oamakau on Balraj and nothing is even asked yet then someone else can do the same and get hammered. I am confused.

As an aside, Scarlett Banner is another horse the TAB really love as there is always money on it but no sane punter would touch it with a stipes report like what she has. 

Consistency? Don't hold your breath.

Scarlett Banner would have to be one of the unluckiest horses around. I think you will find it has received more checks than Brodie has likes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Westview said:

Scarlett Banner would have to be one of the unluckiest horses around. I think you will find it has received more checks than Brodie has likes.

Unlucky? Hardly. 

Agree it has been in a couple of false starts, and has been checked in a couple of minor incidents, but majority of horses would have stayed in its gait. It is pacing more than trotting recently, so maybe it is unlucky. 

3 hours ago, Nowornever said:

Yes, 

Here is question that was asked yesterday. We all knew that horse had been butchered lately. Maybe if they had read trainers response from late last month? Explains the stipe bullshit lately

6C5C0FB2-0121-4C19-98C3-523DFA79D59F.jpeg

4D7CD5BE-8B64-4F66-8177-1F44E3BC1809.jpeg

• Like 1

Lightworkofit, 

Galloped and disrupted field in five starts before recieving a warning? 

Well, how about getting the nag to perform well at trials 3 times first before it next races? Christ, the horse is old enough to vote, it only went well when the positive was found dont you think? 

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

2 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Lightworkofit, 

Well, how about getting the nag to perform well at trials 3 times first before it next races? Christ, the horse is old enough to vote, it only went well when the positive was found dont you think? 

Ha, I have just seen this horse is racing today at Timaru from a mobile. I am picking another gallop and its last race. 

I see today Bronson Munro driving, that is 7 different drivers in 7 starts! Must be a record

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Ha, I have just seen this horse is racing today at Timaru from a mobile. I am picking another gallop and its last race. 

I see today Bronson Munro driving, that is 7 different drivers in 7 starts! Must be a record

Yep, galloped twice. Cant wait to see stipes report. 

17 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Now you 3 Stipes. How about answering a question for me. We know that every  punter, owner and trainer are looking for consistency. So come on do it, seems you favour some. Look at Scarlett Banner, raced yesterday 5th Jan at Rangiora, broke lost all chance. NO WARNING. 

23rd Dec, Broke at Start, paced. NO WARNING. 

14th Dec, Connections stated in foal, trotted roughly, could not be driven out. NO WARNING. 

6th Dec, Paced at 2nd attempt at start, lost ground. NO WARNING. 

30th Nov, Switched to pace, lost chance. NO WARNING. 

13th Nov, Broke Start, switched to pace. NO WARNING. 

What the hell does this horse have to do to get a warning???

Please let me know

They are incapable of letting you know Newmarket.. The R.I.U.'s  complete structure is  out of control and has been from the very beginning with that arsehole of a man Cameron George and his dispicable behaviour. We are looking here at "Integrity" and that is very hard to come by with consistency in  any circumstances. The  restructuring of this  Unit needs to be overhauld completely but who the hell do you turn to in achieving this. ? The 3 codes on this forum are mostly united in the incompetant way the R.I.U. are functioning....Godber I reckon is on the take, Whiterod in the Greyhounds is  about to get his beans and is reportedly  is on his bike... The trouble is they have already started replacing him with Hazz beens.....Most of us interact with these so called  do gooders and quite honestly I would be a better bet for Honesty, Consistency and Integrity than any of these people. The best we can do is pressure Winnie for some form of common sense towards a common sense outcome....Don't hold your breath.....I reckon they are all out of touch with the real people and all that we ask for....  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Westview said:

Is very temperamental , but I wouldn't mind its record as a trotter

Yes True, 

Dont get me wrong, it seems talented. But I just wonder is it fair for punters sending it around well supported. Comes a time when a bit of a break is required

51 minutes ago, cichlid said:

Not many would ever get the chance to realise that Happy...you can be a good Stipe now if you pocess the Qualities required.    age shouldn't be a barrier 

Of course we may ask who sets the parameters upon which someone becomes a stipe of "quality. Old boys school through and through, and a monumental disgrace.

• Champ Post 1

33 minutes ago, Westview said:

Is apparently in foal, so that time is coming up very soon 

Yes, i did state it was in foal in first post. That was another thought, do the stipes go easy on the horses connections just because it is nearly finished? Not fair to punters is it

22 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Yes, i did state it was in foal in first post. That was another thought, do the stipes go easy on the horses connections just because it is nearly finished? Not fair to punters is it

Probably not but I reckon you mentioned a far worse trotter on this thread, what I hate  is a horse that constantly checks other runners.

7 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Lightworkofit, 

Well,

Horse gets final warning, so still free to line up and disrupt the field. 

Yet Darryl Kerrigan goes straight to the pool room until he trials? Go figure, 

8029E7C4-B5C7-4D94-B6E6-55FF62CA82B7.jpeg

23A2D8D2-53E9-41AD-B353-8D04EBA2E595.jpeg

• Haha 1