Bit Of A Yarn

S Renault, N Ydgren & C Tibbs?

Newmarket

5 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Yet Darryl Kerrigan goes straight to the pool room until he trials? Go figure, 

They have different interpretations for trotters and pacers I would say.

I think the stipes have internalised guidelines that they follow, maybe, it is off the cuff. There is clearly no set rule.

• Like 1

I see the report from the gallops at greymouth today one of the apprentice jockeys got a telling off for being 3 wide the trip and not taking cover at any stage, a mate had one in the other week ridden by a senior jockey, 4 wide past the winning post the first time, 3 wide down the side, outside the leader down the back, challenging a known frontrunner, the poor bugger given no show, I said to him could a 4kg claimer done any worse, race was over in very early, what's worse a gutbuster run like that knocks them around. 

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/01/2019 at 9:00 PM, Newmarket said:

Well,

Horse gets final warning, so still free to line up and disrupt the field. 

Yet Darryl Kerrigan goes straight to the pool room until he trials? Go figure, 

8029E7C4-B5C7-4D94-B6E6-55FF62CA82B7.jpeg

23A2D8D2-53E9-41AD-B353-8D04EBA2E595.jpeg

Lightworkofit, galloped again? What action taken. Scarlett Banner, paced again, what action taken. 

Poor old One Over Dover, finished 3rd and got a warning, WTF

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

10 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Lightworkofit, galloped again? What action taken. Scarlett Banner, paced again, what action taken. 

Poor old One Over Dover, finished 3rd and got a warning, WTF

Personally think that the driver of Lightworkofit should get a final warning for lining it up from a stand!

The old,horse has got ability we all know that,  it it doesn’t want to be racing and that is why it is a continual galloper now.

Don should not be in the cart of it either!

His other so-called  maiden trotter is even worse and should be retired as it will never ever win a race, and is a lunatic!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

lightworkofit.

The most unsuitable name for a horse ever!

Makes everything hard for everything else.

Needs to go to the trials.

This nag is a joke, and the Burrows need a kick up the arse for even  racing the pig. Lets see stipes report after today

• Like 1

On 19/01/2019 at 10:13 AM, Brodie said:

Personally think that the driver of Lightworkofit should get a final warning for lining it up from a stand!

The old,horse has got ability we all know that,  it it doesn’t want to be racing and that is why it is a continual galloper now.

Don should not be in the cart of it either!

His other so-called  maiden trotter is even worse and should be retired as it will never ever win a race, and is a lunatic!

For once I agree with you Brodie. The horse is older than me and should not be racing. Talk about animal cruelty. The stablemate likewise. What the hell is this fellow thinking racing horses that old? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Finally...both get a telling off

image.thumb.png.d243db533a147c1ee1b50ff711341d80.png

What is the point of trialling once.

It will go to the trials where there are 2 or 3 and do everything right and be back racing and breaking again!

The other maiden is a lunatic that has got no hope in hell of ever winning a race, and Don would be better off jumping out of the cart and putting a decent driver on it!

If it can’t trot then, sack it and retire it!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

It will go to the trials where there are 2 or 3 and do everything right and be back racing and breaking again!

The other maiden is a lunatic that has got no hope in hell of ever winning a race, and Don would be better off jumping out of the cart and putting a decent driver on it!

bit like that old tucker horse of a lowe 

8 minutes ago, Brodie said:

I made a few $ off it a few years ago, I'm pretty sure it only began racing at 9yrs.

On 20/01/2019 at 5:14 PM, OLDWHITEMAN said:

For once I agree with you Brodie. The horse is older than me and should not be racing. Talk about animal cruelty. The stablemate likewise. What the hell is this fellow thinking racing horses that old? 

Horses that old?. They used to race that old when I started following Harness in the 60, s. Remember Easton Light as one example. 13 and extremely competitive in the top grade ,and there has been others.

Unfortunately age and ability are seperate issues. This horse doesnt have the latter. 

1 hour ago, globederby12 said:

Horses that old?. They used to race that old when I started following Harness in the 60, s. Remember Easton Light as one example. 13 and extremely competitive in the top grade ,and there has been others.

Unfortunately age and ability are seperate issues. This horse doesnt have the latter. 

True but Easton Light was an exception. Furthermore, the horse in question did not start its racing career until it was aged, likewise the stablemate who was even older. I agree neither horses or trainer have ability.