Bit Of A Yarn

Wall of death

aquaman

2 hours ago, Arsenic said:

Australian trainers tend to run there dogs weekly when up and in racing trim , certainly not 6 starts in 10 days .

There governing body would either fine the trainer or take his license off him , the NZ welfare officer should step up to the plate and charge this trainer with animal abuse .

It is not acceptable 

5 starts in 10 days Arsenic, but way to many.

Quite right 5 starts in 10 , even 3 in 10 should be unacceptable.

I read he sees the security as inadequate at Southland , has he bought up this issue in the past or now being bought up now he’s been caught out once again.

Maybe Southland could have had the state of the art security if all that money hadn’t mysteriously vanished all those many years ago .

https://www.grnz.co.nz/catch-the-action/13485/stewards-report.aspx

2). Stewards followed up the condition of BEN VANE KING (JT McInerney) after the greyhound sustained a suspected fractured or dislocated right hock during race 8 at Addington last Thursday. It was reported the dog had undergone X-Rays were it was confirmed it to have a fractured hock with it being retired from racing.

Guest CrossCodes
1 minute ago, Yankiwi said:

https://www.grnz.co.nz/catch-the-action/13485/stewards-report.aspx

2). Stewards followed up the condition of BEN VANE KING (JT McInerney) after the greyhound sustained a suspected fractured or dislocated right hock during race 8 at Addington last Thursday. It was reported the dog had undergone X-Rays were it was confirmed it to have a fractured hock with it being retired from racing.

In other words, we took it home, shot it dead as it got out of the van and dumped it down our pit, and the stipes will do nothing as they are too scared of us.

3 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

In other words, we took it home, shot it dead as it got out of the van and dumped it down our pit, and the stipes will do nothing as they are too scared of us.

Yeah pretty much the story but it will never get followed up.... 

Letter i sent to NZGRA Friday last week.

john goode
Fri 5/04/2019 11:23 AM
To whom it may concern,
  I write this email after reading the Stipes report for Addington on the 4th April. To be more specific the greyhound Ben Vane King. This dog is trained by John McInerney. This dog was having its 5th start in 10 days over distances ranging from 457mtrs to 645 mtrs, being trekked to 3 different venues around the South Island to achieve this. last night it was carried off with a suspected broken hock. It was seen to falter not long after the start and drop out in its 2nd 645 mtr race in the last 10 days, the other 3 being middle distance races. Now I do not know what you think of this type of behaviour being perpetrated on these poor dogs by this kennel, but from my observation, I find it distressing and cruel with little or no empathy towards their charges. Ben Vane King was not the only dog subjected to this outrage, Chunk springs to mind along with others.

Now I know, that under your rules dogs can race every 48 hrs. Therefore these dogs are legally entitled to line up. But to have unscrupulous uncaring trainers forcing dogs to race as Ben Vane King was is downright greedy and cruel, and this needs to be addressed urgently. I do not expect change from this kennel, this is how they operate, and always have, but I do expect your Association, along with the RIU, to behave in a professional and caring manner when policing your sport. This situation should not be happening in this day and age.

I think what should of been done in light of these dogs being subject to multiple racing over a condensed period of time, is that somebody should of alerted the oncourse Vet to apply a rigorous vet check to these dogs. Somebody should of made a list of these over raced dogs, and sent the list to the oncourse Vet. If this had occured yesterday, then Ben Vane King may well have avoided this tragic situation.

There needs to be rule changes regarding this cruel uncaring racing till you drop, from happening in future. It is so bad that I suspect some trainers are doing this to break the dogs down at the track, so as to avoid them putting them down at home, where it is becoming difficult and expensive. Much cheaper and less messy to have it done on track. My view is 1 race per week per dog. But until sanity returns with new rule changes regarding this terrible situation which is allowing the dog farmers the legal right to line up 5 times in 10 days, then I expect oncourse Vets to apply the most extreme vetting of these poor animals before allowing them to race.

You need to act, and very quickly on this one. It is welfare in the extreme.

Kind Regards John Goode.
  • Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

Follow up this morning RIU, and NZGRA.

n goode
Wed 10/04/2019 11:07 AM
Have you followed up whether this dog is still alive. The dog was over raced until breaking down last week. The RIU stated they would follow up on the status of this dog. Have they sighted the dog?, and I do not mean picking up the phone and asking about it. Stewards report dated 4th April Addington stated they would be monitoring this situation. I expect this to happen. And while we are at it, check on the whereabouts of Homebush Conner. I expect Ben Vane King to have his broken hock repaired, and when recovered put into GAP. I know this is a tall order with the type of people that train this dog, so its important it is followed up. I will not allow this to be swept under the carpet. No more business as usual for you people, I intend to stay on this until answered.    John Goode.
  • Like 1

I HAVE HAD NO REPLY EXCEPT FOR THIS.

Sent: Wednesday, 10 April 2019 11:07 AM
To: johnnygoode56@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Ben Vane King alive or dead.

Thank you for your email. I am on leave. For any imports or urgent matters please contact Greg Kerr, Head of Racing, Ph 0278397152. 
Kind Regards
Mairi

Mairi Stewart, PhD

Head of Welfare

VFss17-RSsLv9NDUx_2DS2vllwNPGy3FHO3O0nM0VPGY5r5iJfer6DoFMPvKQZ1Vj0c9_9PGSfj8kleKSZY_ALomotriXqc47m9h8EQaKAHYsBYMPBH__qpYuP0pQuVcCyGG8U0Sfkl-5Xbdrg

1 hour ago, aquaman said:

Follow up this morning RIU, and NZGRA.

n goode
Wed 10/04/2019 11:07 AM
Have you followed up whether this dog is still alive. The dog was over raced until breaking down last week. The RIU stated they would follow up on the status of this dog. Have they sighted the dog?, and I do not mean picking up the phone and asking about it. Stewards report dated 4th April Addington stated they would be monitoring this situation. I expect this to happen. And while we are at it, check on the whereabouts of Homebush Conner. I expect Ben Vane King to have his broken hock repaired, and when recovered put into GAP. I know this is a tall order with the type of people that train this dog, so its important it is followed up. I will not allow this to be swept under the carpet. No more business as usual for you people, I intend to stay on this until answered.    John Goode.

Well done John. Will be too late to save this poor dog. We must aim.to save future ones. They really dont give a fuck do they. Goes on.holiday when this shot storm is going on. Dedication for you.

43 minutes ago, Freda said:

Just out of interest - have you attempted to contact Greg Kerr?   I have to wonder what obstacles you might face there....well done for your queries to date, keep it up.

Yes, he was sent above emails along with the CEO, and the so called Welfare Officer whom has now decided to go on leave.

Update on Ben Vane King and Homebush Conner.  Received reply from Mike Godber this morning via email that both are now dead, and there will be a report concerning Ben Vane King in Stipes report this afternoon from Addington. I commend Mike Godber for his honest and quick reply, unlike the NZGRA that just stay silent. Sad day for these two dogs that had to be trained and owned by uncaring dog farmers that will sink Greyhound racing just as surely Cole and Rendle will.

7 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Update on Ben Vane King and Homebush Conner.  Received reply from Mike Godber this morning via email that both are now dead, and there will be a report concerning Ben Vane King in Stipes report this afternoon from Addington. I commend Mike Godber for his honest and quick reply, unlike the NZGRA that just stay silent. Sad day for these two dogs that had to be trained and owned by uncaring dog farmers that will sink Greyhound racing just as surely Cole and Rendle will.

Ben Vane King wasn’t owned by John Mac,  I’m sure the call by the owner wouldn’t have been an easy one

1 minute ago, Kiwigreys said:

Ben Vane King wasn’t owned by John Mac,  I’m sure the call by the owner wouldn’t have been an easy one

Get of the grass, Ben Vane King was owned by one of McInernys workers. We all new it was a lie when they stated Ben Vane King would be retired from racing when ex rays confirmed a broken hock. What they meant was he would be retired from life. Fu#ken lowlife assholes. The dogs would of gone down the offal pit without a second thought.

11 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Get of the grass, Ben Vane King was owned by one of McInernys workers. We all new it was a lie when they stated Ben Vane King would be retired from racing when ex rays confirmed a broken hock. What they meant was he would be retired from life. Fu#ken lowlife assholes. The dogs would of gone down the offal pit without a second thought.

Dirty low pack.of mongrels....and as i have said before all you so called caring trainers who give him dogs to train are just as fucken.bad.

1 minute ago, Greyhounder said:

And what happened to Goldstar Hudson?

Do what I did, send email to Head of RIU Mike Godber, and request an update on the status of Goldstar Hudson. Ask is the dog alive or dead. If dead, they would of had to notify the NZGRA if put down. He answered my request promptly and honestly.