Bit Of A Yarn

Gammalite

Newmarket

15 minutes ago, wally said:

I think he either ran fourth or fifth in that photo

You may be right. 

Loved the battles of the 2 above horses, with Pure Steel. Trying to listen on the radio, mainly inter dom time. 

Could say Aussie clearly had the edge on nz around this time for pacers, maybe 50/50 trotters. 

The last few years, nz seemed to have the edge, good to see.

2 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

You may be right. 

Loved the battles of the 2 above horses, with Pure Steel. Trying to listen on the radio, mainly inter dom time. 

Could say Aussie clearly had the edge on nz around this time for pacers, maybe 50/50 trotters. 

The last few years, nz seemed to have the edge, good to see.

pure steel an absolute champion I remember the days at what I called money valley good old demmler gath welsh etc and what about maoris idol

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wally said:

pure steel an absolute champion I remember the days at what I called money valley good old demmler gath welsh etc and what about maoris idol

Maoris idol I don’t remember, probably about 1980 I started following the game. 

Its crazy to say, but I kind of thought it was exciting listening to those aus races on the radio at some crazy hour. Usually a little late, so just had to listen to Barney, first time caller from wairarapa on radio pacific just that little longer. Remember the times listening to a race on a sat arvo, only for the news to interrupt commentary ??

• Like 2