Bit Of A Yarn

5 Weeks to Cheltenham!!

Thomass

53 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Got the tickets!

The Princess doesn't want to come!  The story of my f in life!  Screw her...

Write a ditty...preferably about how great a tipster moi is...and you could become my companion for the week...preferably only ladies...but I could tolerate crusty old f'ers who SHOUT

Fill ya boots

IMG_0612.JPG

Meet Man-gina Bouchard, she's available and right up your alley Thomo, with this frisky filly on your arm you will be the envy of Cheltenham, just feed her pints of Bailey's and cheese and onion crisps and who knows........ although the poor princess may feel a little deflated if she finds out, so let her down gently.

Screenshot_20190227-001604.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Reefton said:

Sorry seem to have missed those ones

Take another toke reefer

btw...have you been keeping your talangi to the ground wrt Dean Mak and what he's been up to...and his thinking as pertaining to THE most vital aspect of his work..

...the WC circuit...zzzzzz

21 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Take another toke reefer

btw...have you been keeping your talangi to the ground wrt Dean Mak and what he's been up to...and his thinking as pertaining to THE most vital aspect of his work..

...the WC circuit...zzzzzz

Well that certainly doesn't qualify as 'topical relevant and interesting'

Incoherent tripe describes it better but then again I suppose you vote for Winston so incoherent tripe appeals to you.  

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

On 26/02/2019 at 10:40 AM, Thomass said:

Got the tickets!

The Princess doesn't want to come!  The story of my f in life!  Screw her...

Write a ditty...preferably about how great a tipster moi is...and you could become my companion for the week...preferably only ladies...but I could tolerate crusty old f'ers who SHOUT

Fill ya boots

IMG_0612.JPG

Thomo, does this mean you will be landing  at Heathrow in the near future? 

Here's a quartet to follow if you want a wee interest over the Carnival

So much chat about Al Dancer for the Supreme Novices’ hurdle but I far prefer the odds and chances of GRAND SANCY who has raced with his heart on his sleeve all year and can give Paul Nicholls a third win in the Festival opener. 

He is such a terrier and I like the fact that Nicholls has said he’s streets ahead of Southfield Stone, the horse who lowered the colours of Angels Breath in the Dovecote hurdle at Kempton. His tenacity was illustrated perfectly in the Kingwell hurdle at Wincanton and whoever beats him will have been in one almighty fight.

The best-looking horse at Cheltenham will be TOPOFTHEGAME and he has ability to match. A hulk of a horse, reminiscent of Denman in sheer physique, he ran an astonishing race at Exeter on his chase debut behind Defi Du Seuil surrendering 30 lengths when whipping round at the start. To only be beaten three lengths at the line was an amazing effort. 

He then gave a beating to Santini and a big scare to subsequent Grade 1 winner La Bague Au Roi at Kempton and would have won that with a more patient ride. I want him delivered as late as possible as I’m sure he idles when hitting the front.

I'm always sucked into the bumper and rather than wait until the day, I took the bull by the horns and backed BLUE SARIto win this year’s race straight after he bolted up in his sole start at Gowran Park in January. 

You could not fail to be impressed by his turn of foot that day; I can visualise him whipping round the home turn and winning with something to spare. I’ve enjoyed Envoi Allen’s progress all year long but feel things will happen too quickly for him around this tight track.

Coo Star Sivola provided Lizzie Kelly with a breakthrough Festival winner twelve months ago and there is every chance she can land another prize with SIRUH DU LAC who will be one of the favourites for Thursday’s Brown Advisory Merribellle Plate, on the proviso he gets in.

He has won three contests this year, all narrowly, meaning the handicapper hasn’t been able to crush him, yet he still needs a good few to come out to get a run. I thought he was great on Trials Day, jumping well and then showing the gamest attitude to hold on. 

He's only just starting out and the sky is the limit and he won’t mind either if the track ends up pretty soft. Wait for the day or NRNB is the best advice.

John's Four for the Festival

• GRAND SANCY (Sky Bet Supreme Novices' Hurdle, 1.30 Tuesday) 
  • TOPOFTHEGAME (RSA Insurance Novices' Chase, 2.10 Wednesday) 
  • BLUE SARI (Weatherbys Champion Bumper, 5.30 Wednesday) 
  • SIRUH DU LAC (Brown Advisory & Merriebelle Stable Plate Handicap Chase, 4.10 Thursday)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thomass said:

John's Four for the Festival

• GRAND SANCY (Sky Bet Supreme Novices' Hurdle, 1.30 Tuesday) 
  • TOPOFTHEGAME (RSA Insurance Novices' Chase, 2.10 Wednesday) 
  • BLUE SARI (Weatherbys Champion Bumper, 5.30 Wednesday) 
  • SIRUH DU LAC (Brown Advisory & Merriebelle Stable Plate Handicap Chase, 4.10 Thursday)

So these are John's four - what about some from you? Or were you planning to take credit for them if they did well, and if they didn't, just say they were someone else's selections?

• Haha 1

The loins are warming up to be sure 

Robert Cooper is one of the more astute form students...and if grasshead thinks I'm Bob then he's half witted...but we already knew that...

There aren't many tougher novices around than Colin Tizzard's ELIXIR DE NUTZ and he'll be a tough 'nutz' to crack in the Supreme Novices' Hurdle. He likes to dominate, and front running tactics have paid off in his last three starts with two victories at Cheltenham. 

Harry Cobden rode him on two winning occasions but most recently Tom O'Brien was on board when he jumped boldly to win the Grade 1 Tolworth Hurdle at Sandown. 

I expect that winning partnership to continue.

I expect BATTLEOVERDOYEN to follow in the hoof prints of Samcro and win the Ballymore Novices' Hurdle for Gordon Elliott for the second successive renewal. He has made a bright start to his hurdling career, winning a maiden hurdle at Navan in December prior to winning a Grade 1 at Naas in January. 

Although not as experienced as his market rival Champ his overall profile make far stronger appeal.

LOSTINTRANSLATION once again locks horns with his arch rival Defi Du Seuil in the JLT Novices’ Chase and I'm expecting Colin Tizzard's chaser to gain revenge for a hard-fought defeat last time at Sandown. 

There was less than a length between them whereas when the pair met at Cheltenham on New Year’s Day Lostintranslation was extending his advantage on the run to the line. 

The ground has come right for NATIVE RIVER to score back to back wins in the Gold Cup - soft going is essential for this relentless galloper to be seen at his best. I am confident he will reverse King George form with Clan Des Obeaux under more suitable conditions. 

His only other start since last year's victory was when beaten by Bristol De Mai at Haydock - the same argument applies now he's back at Cheltenham.

And here's some tips to get ya through the night

...fill ya boots possums

Cheltenham Day 1        

Race   To Win BF Odds value BF Odds  
1 1 Al Dancer/3 Aramon 6/17.5 Aramon 17.5  
2 Lalor 6.8 Kalashnikov 10.5  
3 Give Me A Copper/Coo Star Sivola 9.6/11 General Principal
/Noble Endeavour 
24/16  
4 Apples Jade 3.15 Sharjah 21  
5 Benie Des Dieux 2.14 Roksana 10  
6 A Plus Tard 8

Cubomania/Tower

Bridge

7 Ballyward 4 Impulsive Star 21  

2 hours ago, Thomass said:

...fill ya boots possums

Cheltenham Day 1        

/Noble Endeavour 
24/16  
6 A Plus Tard 8

Cubomania/Tower

Bridge

Where did these come from please

• Champ Post 1

4 hours ago, Thomass said:

...fill ya boots possums

Cheltenham Day 1        

/Noble Endeavour 
24/16  
6 A Plus Tard 8

Cubomania/Tower

Bridge

Great stuff Thomas 

I’m just starting to get into the UK scene as the liquidity makes it easier to get set

Lets see how you go tonight good luck!

• Like 1

All the best vc...

Im as excited as a Genie Bouchard Groupy who just got a groupy hug...

Ive got the rum'n'coke set up...then the stogie...followed by the creme de month and blackberry nip chasers...

...and 2 chop sticks for the kanohi's to keep them wide tomorrow 

good luck

17 minutes ago, VC! said:

Great stuff Thomas 

I’m just starting to get into the UK scene as the liquidity makes it easier to get set

Lets see how you go tonight good luck!

They're not his frigging picks Ian. He copied them from Raceplace.

1 hour ago, pete said:

They're not his frigging picks Ian. He copied them from Channel 3.

That surprise’s me I wouldn’t have picked Marty framing markets for jumping races I would have thought jumping races were like the TAB just there for entertainment purposes 

Why don't we all post our picks for Cheltenham.. that'd be fun :)

Race 1:  10 Klassical Dream

Race 2:  9  Ornua

Race 3:  23  Catamaran Du Seuil

Race 4:  2  Buveur D'Air

Race 5:  10  Limini

Race 6:   7  Tower Bridge

Race 7:  14 Plantagenet