Bit Of A Yarn

5 Weeks to Cheltenham!!

Thomass

now Thomass this is one of those(sadly too rare) occasions where you say something topical, relevant and positive that draw's a race-lover's attention to something they havent thought of ..in this case, me and the idea of tuning in to Cheltenham, a festival I have heard of many times and never bothered to watch (though I love the jumps and a sibling of mine was a very good rider over the sticks back in the day).

Thanks Thomass for mentioning it.

• Like 2

Onya, you should stop reading the fake news though Wes 

Contrary to the contrary folk on here

I post numerous topical relevant and interesting slots 

But you'll need a double shot of espresso with a side slop of V so your eye balls are sticking out like dogs...best

9 minutes ago, Freda said:

An outbreak of E.I just announced in England....what odds the Cheltenham festival and maybe even the Grand National are affected?

Yes, no doubt you saw that all races cancelled today. Hopefully horse movement restrictions helps contain things and that spread is minimal.

• Like 1

All stables on lock down.Vets doing overtime in next 3 days,Nicky Henderson has 6 vets testing at his stable today!

Check out the replays from Leopards town 2/3 February, a lot of horse going to Cheltenham and with the events of the last couple of days are fighting fit with their last runs under their belts!!Some English trained horses may miss last lead up races now  before the festival .

The festival will be my first bet of the year!! "Bring it on"??

• Like 2

On 13/02/2019 at 11:28 AM, Mooncoin said:

And we are racing again!!?

Some of those nominated for Cheltenham are try to get their last run in at Ascot in the weekend and Newbury are looking at  getting  their card rescheduled which will help alot of Cheltenham  bound horses also. 

Things are heating up......... with the punters ....do you live up north Moonie...on a caravan site??

Screenshot_20190219-194253.png

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mooncoin said:

I'm  down in  what the northerners call a"southern softie" county.?From what I've seen  on different  courses, it's a 50/50 split of substance abuse and alcohol. 

How Far south mooncoin? I was in Cambridge for 20 years so Newmarket was my local in summer ... going down to Kempton Park  boxing a normal ritual as well!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Flagship uberalles said:

How Far south mooncoin? I was in Cambridge for 20 years so Newmarket was my local in summer ... going down to Kempton Park  boxing a normal ritual as well!

Leafy Surrey Flagship

Kempton Park Boxing Day a great day out indeed! Sandown Park,Epsom ,Lingfield and Kempton Park all easy commutes.

• Champ Post 1

Damn good spotting...typo!

NEW RECORD TOTAL ATTENDANCE AT THE FESTIVAL 2018 

Gold Cup Day, the fourth and final day of The Festival today, was attended by 70,684 racegoers - a sold-out crowd.

Thanks to this and two record crowds earlier this week, the Home of Jump Racing has seen a new record total attendance at The Festival of 262,637.

The crowd for yesterday's St Patrick's Thursday, the third day of The Festival, came to 66,384, a new record the day since The Festival expanded to four days in 2005. The total beat last year's 66,200 by 184, while 65,544 attended in 2016 and 60,495 in 2015.

This was the second consecutive day of a record crowd as 58,959 racegoers came to Cheltenham on Wednesday, the second day of The Festival, Ladies Day.

Tuesday's crowd of 66,110 was the second highest-ever on the opening day of The Festival, Champion Day.

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

Got the tickets!

The Princess doesn't want to come!  The story of my f in life!  Screw her...

Write a ditty...preferably about how great a tipster moi is...and you could become my companion for the week...preferably only ladies...but I could tolerate crusty old f'ers who SHOUT

Fill ya boots

IMG_0612.JPG