Bit Of A Yarn

25 degrees in wanganui

1 hour ago, Cockyaleg said:

And from what I have read the club did get caught out. They put up a case which was rejected by a court of law and they were judged negligent. So who's lying here? Lisa Olden, wife of the lure driver involved, because it is obvious who you are. Someone apparently with an enormous grudge who is attempting to slander another because she doesn't like the decision. Tell me did you get up in court and tell your story? And if not, why not? If so you obviously weren't believed by the judge.

Isn't slander something that isn't true????? No slander here mate

3 minutes ago, Sickof it said:

Obviously is.     You got what happened on the day from. Someone that was there are saw it all, and still don't take it in. I think you will find she was the actual catcher in this mess

So you gave evidence in court and still lost. Says a lot about your credibility doesn't it.

Haha I remember the same lure driver 

Stopped the lure meters short of the finishing post and the dog rolled over the rail and did disks In  it's back and never was able to race the dog broke In very quick and had a very big offer so dose this person go the club for the money that was offed 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sickof it said:

Obviously is.     You got what happened on the day from. Someone that was there are saw it all, and still don't take it in. I think you will find she was the actual catcher in this mess

So why was the club found to be negligent? not the first time these useless people working at wanganui have made mistakes like this. I can remember a number of times myself. Seems like you have a scued view of the incident

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, iteruka said:

A stand down is a guide line for an injury. Some dogs heal quicker, some need longer and some are just misdiagnosed by vets. Deb would not run a dog that was not ready to run

Sounds like rubbish to me. Was the stand down for the same leg that gave way? If so there was every chance it would have broke regardless of where the lure drive thought the trial was supposed to end.

Was the dog cleared for the trial by a vet?

Edited by Hard Times

1 hour ago, Sickof it said:

Isn't slander something that isn't true????? No slander here mate

Just spoke to someone who was involved. Apparently, a complaint has been made about you (Lisa Olden) intimidating witnesses at the track If true that is appalling behaviour. Also been told you never gave evidence for the club, only now that the case is lost are you attempting to assassinate the person who brought the case. Anyone following your ridiculous posts would see right through such behaviour. Extremely sour grapes.

I see you have now involved tag-teamer "Hard Times". If any wrong had been done by Edlin the court would have ruled differently. If she had committed a wrong she would herself be up on charges with the JCA. She isn't. You two really are trying to stir the shit, aren't you. You both need to go away, have a cup of tea, and keep quiet. You are digging yourself into a hole Lisa and you are doing the club no favour.

• Like 3

56.4 Subject to Rule 56.5, an Owner or Trainer shall not permit the Greyhound named in a Certificate of Incapacitation under this Rule to compete in any Race  or Satisfactory Trial during the period of incapacitation.

56.5 Where a Greyhound is prohibited pursuant to Rules 40.10, 44.19, 44.20 and 56.1 from competing in any Race, the Trainer may: 

(a) subsequent to the day that a Certificate of Incapacitation is issued pursuant to Rules 44.20 and 56.1; or  

(b) in the case of a prohibition under Rule 40.10 or 44.19 subsequent to the day that a Veterinarian or Authorised Person’s gives his/her opinion that a Greyhound is In Season  

apply to a Steward(s) that the Greyhound be examined by an officiating Veterinarian or Authorised Person in the presence of a Steward in order to determine whether at the time the Greyhound is free of injury or is not In Season as the case may be. A Trainer shall be permitted to make only one such application. 

Edited by Yankiwi

14 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

56.4 Subject to Rule 56.5, an Owner or Trainer shall not permit the Greyhound named in a Certificate of Incapacitation under this Rule to compete in any Race  or Satisfactory Trial during the period of incapacitation.

56.5 Where a Greyhound is prohibited pursuant to Rules 40.10, 44.19, 44.20 and 56.1 from competing in any Race, the Trainer may: 

(a) subsequent to the day that a Certificate of Incapacitation is issued pursuant to Rules 44.20 and 56.1; or  

(b) in the case of a prohibition under Rule 40.10 or 44.19 subsequent to the day that a Veterinarian or Authorised Person’s gives his/her opinion that a Greyhound is In Season  

apply to a Steward(s) that the Greyhound be examined by an officiating Veterinarian or Authorised Person in the presence of a Steward in order to determine whether at the time the Greyhound is free of injury or is not In Season as the case may be. A Trainer shall be permitted to make only one such application. 

They claim a dog cannot be trialed while on stand down, there is no such rule. The GRNZ I believe gave an opinion for the court on this very subject, it would have been used by the club as a defense. I believe GRNZ stated trainers are within their rights to rehabilitate a dog while stood down but not race or take part in a satisfactory trial. So I believe the issue has been dealt with by the court. If "Hard Times" is struggling to grasp the court process, then there is nothing more anyone can say.

35 minutes ago, Hard Times said:

Not trying to stir shit just trying to make sense of why on earth you'd trial a dog with an injury. Now that's negligence.

This is an example of when the association needs to be transparent rather then leave it open to supposition.

You do not have the specifics. The court dealt with the issue as it would have been used by the club as a defense. Your speculation is just that.

53 minutes ago, Hard Times said:

Any links to this court process

The judgment was made by Disputes Tribunal at the District Court. I don't think there is a link available, but I could be wrong. However, it was a judgment, not a settlement so I don't think any confidentiality applies. Someone else may be able to confirm.

2 hours ago, Cockyaleg said:

The judgment was made by Disputes Tribunal at the District Court. I don't think there is a link available, but I could be wrong. However, it was a judgment, not a settlement so I don't think any confidentiality applies. Someone else may be able to confirm.

Just so I have this right Cocky, Deb took this case to a small claims/disputes tribunal, rather than a regular Court. Do I have this right.

Guest CrossCodes
4 hours ago, Hard Times said:

Sounds like rubbish to me. Was the stand down for the same leg that gave way? If so there was every chance it would have broke regardless of where the lure drive thought the trial was supposed to end.

Was the dog cleared for the trial by a vet?

What a ridiculous statement.

Try running a sprinter who you just wanted a short trial for a full 500m+ distance and see the result, it can be the end of many dogs who can’t run that far, especially one coming back off an injury break.

Neigbores say this fill in and Sunday lure driver has bought many pups and trialists to the end of their careers, over the years  especially on the  sprint bend. He has a sight problem along with a slack  attitude that the club has tried unsucesfilly to get rid of him for a long time...For the dogs he has damaged  NOt once has he apologised they say. I reckon its about time the club committee  invested in some shaded areas for thier members and more importantly the Dogs..

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cockyaleg said:

They claim a dog cannot be trialed while on stand down, there is no such rule. The GRNZ I believe gave an opinion for the court on this very subject, it would have been used by the club as a defense. I believe GRNZ stated trainers are within their rights to rehabilitate a dog while stood down but not race or take part in a satisfactory trial. So I believe the issue has been dealt with by the court. If "Hard Times" is struggling to grasp the court process, then there is nothing more anyone can say.

You can nominate a dog on a stand down as long as it's stand down is over before it races,clear as water

• Like 2

Haha I remember the same lure driver 

Stopped the lure meters short of the finishing post and the dog rolled over the rail and did disks In  it's back and never was able to race the dog broke In very quick and had a very big offer so dose this person go the club for the money that was offed