Bit Of A Yarn

Did the Stipes miss something in this video? Or are the "tongue tied"?

Chief Stipe

7 minutes ago, Thomass said:

I put moi's Rose tinted specs on and saw a Jockeys wet sweaty hands...on a stinking Colcutta day...who gave it back to the wallah for a sniff...

Seriously, who gave you this and why?

Instead of casting aspersions you should have handed it the Feds...detailing your concerns...

If you would like to report an integrity issue, please call the anonymous RIU Integrity Line on 

0800 RIU 123       (0800 748 123)

or send an email to    integrity@riu.org.nz

Does it matter who and why?  You are the great rule follower.  What transpired is against the rules is it not?

My understanding is a Stipe was notified and it was brushed off.

49 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Good amatuer sleuthing...but instead of casting stuff...

If you would like to report an integrity issue, please call the anonymous RIU Integrity Line on 

0800 RIU 123       (0800 748 123)

or send an email to    integrity@riu.org.nz

I haven't cast anything. I've merely stated facts along with a highly credible opinion that those facts are unusual.

45 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Does it matter who and why?  You are the great rule follower.  What transpired is against the rules is it not?

My understanding is a Stipe was notified and it was brushed off.

Why did you just delete the pik of Paul helping Tanya off her winning mount on the Coast?  It's was purely educational...

...indicative of his wanting to help people out

Clearly the video shows Pauly reaching into his off side pocket...where he keeps his Wrigleys...

...Tanya is clearly seen popping his packet open...inserting one or two into the mouth cavity...and masticates on them for a fresh breath

...have you ever had a dry mouth after starving yourself of a Single Malt for 3 hours?

I rest me case

3 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Why did you just delete the pik of Paul helping Tanya off her winning mount on the Coast?  It's was purely educational...

...indicative of his wanting to help people out

Clearly the video shows Pauly reaching into his off side pocket...where he keeps his Wrigleys...

...Tanya is clearly seen popping his packet open...inserting one or two into the mouth cavity...and masticates on them for a fresh breath

...have you ever had a dry mouth after starving yourself of a Single Malt for 3 hours?

I rest me case

Because you are talking incoherent crap.  I sense a pattern here.  If it was you that raised this topic first you would be all over it like a rash.  

Now back to the topic.  Is there or is there not a rule that you can't pass the jockey anything?

Or is NZ still in amateur hour?  You wouldn't get away with it in AUS.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mardigras said:

I haven't cast anything. I've merely stated facts along with a highly credible opinion that those facts are unusual.

Rubbish...you've clearly labelled the protagonists as cheats with your 'facts'

...you're suggesting a connection with a mint going into a mouth to pulling off a dodgy punting coup...

...by all means send them your Betfear stats... but to assert dodgy behaviour after eating mints is certainly not on

Just now, Thomass said:

Rubbish...you've clearly labelled the protagonists as cheats with your 'facts'

...you're suggesting a connection with a mint going into a mouth to pulling off a dodgy punting coup...

...by all means send them your Betfear stats... but to assert dodgy behaviour after eating mints is certainly not on

No. I don't control how stupid people interpret things. 

If I saw similar again, I'd post it - without the video.

2 minutes ago, mardigras said:

No. I don't control how stupid people interpret things. 

If I saw similar again, I'd post it - without the video.

Maybe the RIU's Betting Analyst didn't see the connection....go on...send it off via email if it's so unusual..

Maybe they'll strip search Pauly at the next meet...as naked as the day he popped out...and find some mints inserted in his butt crack??

19 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Because you are talking incoherent crap.  I sense a pattern here.  If it was you that raised this topic first you would be all over it like a rash.  

Now back to the topic.  Is there or is there not a rule that you can't pass the jockey anything?

Not that I know of...Girly swot Curious would know

Suffice to say, I've seen barrier attendants handing towels, bottles...

...and mints??  to numerous Jockeys..maybe they're exempt?

Croppy saw Vinny handing a Jigger to another Jockey...but maybe she was on something?

Like some of yous fellas 

15 minutes ago, mardigras said:

I haven't claimed an issue. I've stated facts. You're the one that seems to think the RIU should know 

My opinion is that I doubt the betting analyst sees much.

You claimed "unusual"

Inferring dodgy...after seeing the video mint 'nasty' and your betting 'analysis'

Why can't you follow normal interpretive English?

36 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

nice moderating, Chief!

14 minutes ago, Weasel said:

nice moderating, Chief!

You merely missed Harris helping down Tanya from a winning mount...what's so. Great about deleting that Wes?

Freda FREDA...come in FREDA

You know Tanya well...can you put these conspiracy theory loonies like bogan Bazz and smokey Grashead to bed...

by asking Tanya..."was that a mint you inserted into your moosh...or a Macintosh Caley"?...

...and "did that satisfy your thirst"?

14 minutes ago, mardigras said:

I'm sick of responding to your mental incapacity. Try a dictionary. Although I doubt there is anything that can help you. 

You drive people away with your idiot statements.

Ditto champ...

Any 5 yo kindy inhabitee knows when one says "unusual" it infers it's beyond f in normal...

...like your interpretive English comprehension is out of this f in World

22 minutes ago, Kihikihi Kid said:

Slow down for a sec Thomas,

I am curious as to a full explanation now , however trivial(or not?) it may turn out to be .

Fair call to ask the question

Maybe the Stipe went to Tanya and Pauly and asked wtf after viewing??

Unless there's a new small type of jigger that can be inserted in the moosh...

im still rooting for the minty option...

can you not observe the insertion into the moosh of said mint kid?

7 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Ditto champ...

Any 5 yo kindy inhabitee knows when one says "unusual" it infers it's beyond f in normal...

...like your interpretive English comprehension is out of this f in World

It certainly is beyond f in normal. Quite agree. 

Certainly not expected, abnormal, out of the ordinary. 

No doubt about that.

That doesn't infer 'dodgy'. Yet you managed to. 

Edited by mardigras

It most certainly WASN'T a mint...and the object was clearly handed back.

..and for those who say it was a tongue-tie..the horse doesn't wear one.

Handing something to a jockey is most definitely not permitted..unless a towel for wiping off sweat around at the barrier,  or - on occasion - a water bottle.

To think that this, in clear view of anyone who was watching trackside as well as those present, isn't concerning you?

Our industry is in free fall,  and this b/s is okay?    There have been feelings that Weir and Currie across the ditch have been 'victimised' ,  partly as a result of their success...but,  ffs,  at least someone noticed.

I haven't said the exchange was ' dodgy ' ....but for the incident to pass unquestioned is unbelievable.

If I forget blinkers or side winkers,  I'll get fined.  FFS,  it is considered unacceptable to even touch a jockey pre-weigh in - even shaking the hand of the winning rider,  not done.  Not here,  anyway....we don't have any Frankies leaping into Sheikh Mo's arms....

I've had queries from across the ditch  ' what sort of effing circus are you lot running? '   I have found it difficult to give a coherent answer.

Thomas, you are usually all over the feds for missing stuff,  being incompetent,  call it what you like,  but your attitude is very odd over this biso.

Have you been told to STFU ?  by any chance?

Remember,  in matters involving the public's perception,  justice must not only be done,  it must be SEEN to be done.

• Like 4

Surely with all this abnormal betting and questionable behaviour this should have been noticed by the feds but it appears no one has been asked.Certainly don't swallow the tongue tie story .The horses gear is checked off as they leave the stabling area and if anything is left off the trainer is dealt with accordingly.I agree with Freda that all gear must be put on at the cross ties and you can't just add stuff willy nilly.I would certainly hope that something will be done about this.

We already have the race fixing issue in racing going on at the moment,the Wier/Currie situation in aussie and now this {on a smaller scale} This clip was forwarded from overseas and our integrity image is already extremely poor.The only people that can deal with this is the RIU.The stipes that day ,Davidson,Oatham,Wadley, and McLaughlin so they need to be watching a bit more closely and switch on to the jobs they are all paid to do.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freda said:

It most certainly WASN'T a mint...and the object was clearly handed back.

..and for those who say it was a tongue-tie..the horse doesn't wear one.

Handing something to a jockey is most definitely not permitted..unless a towel for wiping off sweat around at the barrier,  or - on occasion - a water bottle.

To think that this, in clear view of anyone who was watching trackside as well as those present, isn't concerning you?

Our industry is in free fall,  and this b/s is okay?    There have been feelings that Weir and Currie across the ditch have been 'victimised' ,  partly as a result of their success...but,  ffs,  at least someone noticed.

I haven't said the exchange was ' dodgy ' ....but for the incident to pass unquestioned is unbelievable.

If I forget blinkers or side winkers,  I'll get fined.  FFS,  it is considered unacceptable to even touch a jockey pre-weigh in - even shaking the hand of the winning rider,  not done.  Not here,  anyway....we don't have any Frankies leaping into Sheikh Mo's arms....

I've had queries from across the ditch  ' what sort of effing circus are you lot running? '   I have found it difficult to give a coherent answer.

Thomas, you are usually all over the feds for missing stuff,  being incompetent,  call it what you like,  but your attitude is very odd over this biso.

Have you been told to STFU ?  by any chance?

Remember,  in matters involving the public's perception,  justice must not only be done,  it must be SEEN to be done.

Crickey, ok well it looked to me as if she went to her mouth after getting handed something?

Cant you ask her and get it sorted though?

Im persona non grata with them now after questioning stuff like the total lack of transparency...especially TCO2 testing...and highlighting N Tileys charge in Queensland...then testing sfa in the North

Mark Davidson is very good I find...maybe get an explanation from him...

mark.davidson@riu.org.nz    Ph. 027 667 4598

or the Chief down there

nigel.mcintyre@riu.org.nz  ph. 021 1901908

Lets get this sorted ffs...email and call away mcduffs

10 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Crickey, ok well it looked to me as if she went to her mouth after getting handed something?

Cant you ask her and get it sorted though?

I have...but I'm not the Feds. I don't write stipes reports.

Im persona non grata with them now after questioning stuff like the total lack of transparency...especially TCO2 testing...and highlighting N Tileys charge in Queensland...then testing sfa in the n i.

don't be a pansy, show a bit of heart.  Every watchdog needs a watcher....and you make an excellent irritant.

Mark Davidson is very good I find...maybe get an explanation from him...

mark.davidson@riu.org.nz    Ph. 027 667 4598

I agree, Mark is very reasonable . But the point is being missed, namely questions should have been asked and weren't.

or the Chief down there

nigel.mcintyre@riu.org.nz  ph. 021 1901908

Lets get this sorted ffs...email and call away mcduffs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freda said:

.  FFS,  it is considered unacceptable to even touch a jockey pre-weigh in - even shaking the hand of the winning rider,  not done.  Not here,  anyway....we don't have any Frankies leaping into Sheikh Mo's arms....

Every week you see Australian jockeys getting handshakes, kisses, pats on back prior to weighing in. At Ellerslie  you will see jockeys shaking hands with owners and some cuddling and kissing and that is prior to mounting their charges.

1 hour ago, Freda said: