Bit Of A Yarn

Did the Stipes miss something in this video? Or are the "tongue tied"?

Chief Stipe

9 minutes ago, theshu said:

wow thats a bit dodgy then.  Wonder what it was he gave the jockey.  After watching races in the south island it was probaly a map  of the racetrack.

after watching S I jockeys it was probably a reminder to not ride it like a cowboy/cowgirl

9 hours ago, barryb said:

I did a check on the betting and wow its interesting for a 26 start maiden, lets just leave it at that until its been investigated.

Could be, I don't think I've seen too many runners in a NZ race (especially early and a maiden) where a horse has got bets being asked for on betfair around $2000 7 minutes out from the start at odds of $3.40, which went to $1650 being asked for at $3.20 by the time 2 minutes out came around. 

I'd put that in the unusual bracket. You don't even get that on a G1 in NZ as a rule.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Isn't against the rules to pass the jockey ANYTHING once mounted other than perhaps a glass of water?

Equally isn't against the rules for the jockey to pass something to that strapper?

I put moi's Rose tinted specs on and saw a Jockeys wet sweaty hands...on a stinking Colcutta day...who gave it back to the wallah for a sniff...

Seriously, who gave you this and why?

Instead of casting aspersions you should have handed it the Feds...detailing your concerns...

If you would like to report an integrity issue, please call the anonymous RIU Integrity Line on 

0800 RIU 123       (0800 748 123)

or send an email to    integrity@riu.org.nz

1 hour ago, mardigras said:

Could be, I don't think I've seen too many runners in a NZ race (especially early and a maiden) where a horse has got bets being asked for on betfair around $2000 7 minutes out from the start at odds of $3.40, which went to $1650 being asked for at $3.20 by the time 2 minutes out came around. 

I'd put that in the unusual bracket. You don't even get that on a G1 in NZ as a rule.

Good amatuer sleuthing...but instead of casting stuff...

If you would like to report an integrity issue, please call the anonymous RIU Integrity Line on 

3 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Good amatuer sleuthing...but instead of casting stuff...

Go for it Thomass.  I'm sure you have a direct hot line.

1 hour ago, mardigras said:

But the horse ran 4th?