Bit Of A Yarn

Richard Brosnan

Newmarket

1 hour ago, hunterthepunter said:

another horse Dillon master was another speedy one jim trained

Was a nutcase but more potential than than it could handle,mind you too many oats does that.

That horse was a freak really,Heaven Knows type of horse.

• Like 1

I introduced myself to Richard last night, and wished him well for his future.He was interesting to listen to.

He said he is taking 10 horses with him to Australia, mainly young ones, with only one of his racing team, in Boppa Jet.

Cheers.

Robert.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Double R said:

I introduced myself to Richard last night, and wished him well for his future.He was interesting to listen to.

He said he is taking 10 horses with him to Australia, mainly young ones, with only one of his racing team, in Boppa Jet.

Cheers.

Robert.

Gee, if I was Richard, I'd take all his other horses and leave boppa, that horse is a snake!

1 hour ago, Kakama said:

Gee, if I was Richard, I'd take all his other horses and leave boppa, that horse is a snake!

Hi Kakama,

I do rate Boppa Jet, but is still a work in progress, and tends to panic a bit when the unexpected happens, according to Richard.

If you look at his sectional times, even when finishing last, it tells you he will win races, if the patience does not run out before hand!!!

Cheers.

Robert.

Double R, 

Did follow bopper for a while, seems a heartbreak horse. Most horses in races go good sectionals, sometimes we get sucked into times. Certainly not a genuine horse, good luck to Richard, but not a horse I think suits Aussie racing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

Double R, 

Did follow bopper for a while, seems a heartbreak horse. Most horses in races go good sectionals, sometimes we get sucked into times. Certainly not a genuine horse, good luck to Richard, but not a horse I think suits Aussie racing. 

Hi Newmarket,

Yes, agree with you about times. What they do is indicate if they have got the gas, if only it could be harnessed. I hope the horse will click one day, and reward the patience connections.

Cheers.

Robert.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Double R said:

Hi Newmarket,

Yes, agree with you about times. What they do is indicate if they have got the gas, if only it could be harnessed. I hope the horse will click one day, and reward the patience connections.

Cheers.

Robert.

Kind of horse that would be good with one of the west Australian trainers, they really seem to get the best out of kiwi horses with ability, but have 'issues'.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Kind of horse that would be good with one of the west Australian trainers, they really seem to get the best out of kiwi horses with ability, but have 'issues'.

I also do not think he has run left handed as yet, stand corrected, and that may help as well perhaps.

Cheers.

Robert.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...
On 5/05/2018 at 3:39 PM, Newmarket said:

Double R, 

Bopper Jet just won again in Aus last night (Wed) at Geelong. Typical RB run, sat last in a small field and came with the last run wide to win easily and run down the $1.10 fav who led. Paid $6 Richard must be getting well up in age now but showed that he hasnt lost any of his patience or ability to drive winners. Well done to him for his perserverence in Bopper who was a bit wayward in his earlier days. A few more wins left in the horse I would think on that run. 

• Like 3