Bit Of A Yarn

If your not happy........

I too don't believe the personal comments/attacks serve any useful purpose.

What happened at the Coles happened. It's been suggested to me that it continues to happen, however this time the bull-ring has been moved indoors & out of view. That suggestion could be true or false but as I have no evidence or confirming reports, I haven't raised the possibility until now.

Brendon has been charged & now the justice process will run its course. Which ever way his court proceedings will end can only be speculation by any one at this point. We've all formed our opinions & most of them are a strong opinion one way or the other.

I believe the best focus for energies is in other directions. Remember, up until at least now, there are other people in the images & Lisa as the trainer who have yet to answer any questions/charges for their part.

• Why haven't the RIU or GRNZ started the investigation into the other players in the saga?
  • Is there any doubt where the bull-ring is which Brendon, Sam & at least one other person are live-baiting?
  • Why hasn't Lisa had sanctions placed on her as the trainer? Under the GRNZ welfare policy, the trainer of record holds ultimate non-transferable responsibility for welfare issues. Brendon was warned off because he had been charged by the SPCA for animal cruelty. Therefore the SPCA believe they have the evidence required to reach a prosecution. Brendon is Lisa spouse & let's face it, Brendon is the trainer, training using Lisa's name. 

For mine, it doesn't matter how long Brendon's index finger is. The shape of Brendon's daughter is irrelevant. Where Lisa lives is pointless.

I believe pressure should be being applied on GRNZ & the RIU to preform their DUTIES. These pressures now could make a difference.

Complaining about which finger Brendon used in a photo is a total waste of time & effort.

Edited by Yankiwi
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

I'm a long time reader, but first time poster.... You've gone off track mate, and others for that matter... They will be reading your posts and personal attacks as motivation for them to continue to dominate the CD racing, regardless of the methods they choose to use to achieve this. Keep fueling the fire.. Your remarks will have little to no affect to their continued dominance so save your breath.

I bet Maxine is very proud of her son. He has grown up to be a respectful man who has gone out on his own merits and is tasting success. Currently has a nice team in the kennel block. Well done Sam! 

Sam, as his mother , Maxine,  does,   carries a gene that they inherited from Poppa Max. A gene that most of us in the Greyhound world  would strive to have,   I'm sure of that !!:)  a Lovely, Lovely Man is Max Matthews....  Personal attacks while not nice at times   the  long time Troll  but first time poster "Enthusiast",  says..but it  can be true in actual fact . Georgie Cole the fat, mean,  little devious lass  is a chip off Syd Coles block,( Brendon's Dad)  who actually couldn't train a polar bear to piss up a Ponga tree.. but he was right into buying pets from shops for his sons dirty deeds and was proud of it... Yes folks!!.. way back then!!.... "Sam Lozell is not respectful of fuck all" and never will be  untill he comes clean !! He was bought up decent and we all loved him until Cole introduced him to the Sordid side that led him into the Live killing and the position Cole and Rendle have placed us all in.   Sam,   ..We are  placing our trust  in you to clense the Soul  and Poppa would I,m sure , appreciate that...   

3 hours ago, Four shaw said:

I agree some personal stuff isn’t great first time poster but long time reader LOL hey but regardless of the methods they use common LIVEBAITING mate not on in anybody’s world ?????

Yeah, for sure Four Shaw, in no way condoning it whatsoever, apologies if my original post was a bit misleading. Not a fan of it.

49 minutes ago, enuff is enoug said:

Sam, as his mother , Maxine,  does,   carries a gene that they inherited from Poppa Max. A gene that most of us in the Greyhound world  would strive to have,   I'm sure of that !!:)  a Lovely, Lovely Man is Max Matthews....  Personal attacks while not nice at times   the  long time Troll  but first time poster "Enthusiast",  says..but it  can be true in actual fact . Georgie Cole the fat, mean,  little devious lass  is a chip off Syd Coles block,( Brendon's Dad)  who actually couldn't train a polar bear to piss up a Ponga tree.. but he was right into buying pets from shops for his sons dirty deeds and was proud of it... Yes folks!!.. way back then!!.... "Sam Lozell is not respectful of fuck all" and never will be  untill he comes clean !! He was bought up decent and we all loved him until Cole introduced him to the Sordid side that led him into the Live killing and the position Cole and Rendle have placed us all in.   Sam,   ..We are  placing our trust  in you to clense the Soul  and Poppa would I,m sure , appreciate that...   

Firstly, let me say that you are correct in implying that the gene of Max Matthews is one of royalty in every respect; attitude, stature - it all. He was a true gentleman and one that I was privileged enough to have crossed paths with on a few occasions. In regards to Sam, I've known Sam for a long time. Glad to have also crossed paths with him too. Working for Cole has no affect on the way I view him. He's treated me well in the past, I have no reason to say otherwise. I've seen him towards others and his dogs, I have no reason to say otherwise. 

Secondly "long time troll" ? Ha Ha Ha! The first thoughts that come to mind are that you have been in the game for so long, you've been defeated so many times, you have grown old and tired. I get it, you're mad at the current situation that The Cole Saga has placed the greyhound industry in, and rightfully so. I think that everyone in the game has every reason to. The future of Greyhound Racing does not look bright at all given the current circumstances, however, sitting behind your computer blasting out dribble about others because of the depressed state you are in, get a grip mate. Cleanse the soul? Excuse the comparison, but you may as well tell those Priest who've molested innocent children to ask for forgiveness, and it will make it all better again. With all the staff that have already said that they have seen it.... What world do you live in mate? Place your trust in yourself and give your time to doing something productive for the Industry. Shit-bagging is getting us nowhere. We'll continue to wake up day after day and until something is really going to be done to correct and replenish the state of the game, they will continue to win races. 

It will be a dragged out process, you can guarantee it. As long as the money continues to be cashed in on, this saga will go on for as long as it can. There is no integrity within the NZGRA or GRNZ or whatever you guys have changed to since I've left the industry. There have always been conflicts with Stipes, trainers, track staff etc... Nothing was being done about it then, what will be done to change it now? But I guess, we can start by spitting dribble on this forum... Scott, Rendle now Bausi. Conflict, conflict, conflict.... All the best to the sport! 

The GRNZ board somehow feels their hands are tied by the RIU...

Therefore, the GRNZ board needs to pull finger & put the "integrity service provider" contract up for bid to anyone willing to provide them the service. Yes I believe that GRNZ are 25% owners of the RIU but that does not in any way mean they need to retain the RIU's service.

If they can't get the RIU to enforce integrity within the code, then they should be looking to hire someone else that can! 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, enuff is enoug said:

Well enuff is enoug you really have shown what sort of person you really are.What an absolute tosser and low life you are.Your must feel so tuff attacking a person that is no longer with us.Syd was very passionate about greyhound racing.Remember he use to race dogs when it was still sweepstake racing and you had to pay nominations.Sometimes you may be in a two dog race and win $16 and you paid $12 to nominate.Why accuse someone of doing something knowing that can’t respond.You are nothing but an oxygen thief.

Heres a challenge for you.Why don’t you list all the dogs you have trained and we will judge how good a trainer you are.Im really looking forward to seeing the list.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

GRNZ needs to pull the pin and put stake in the ground.

I agree with you as would 90% of licence holders in the sport. There is currently a ministerial review of racing's present structure including the racing police. LP's have reported face to face conversation have already taken place. I would say without hesitation most would be seeking sweeping changes across the board. The present system has brought us to this point due to abject failures on many levels.

The legalities surrounding the SPCA's prosecution have raised a number of questions. The lessons weren't learned following the Australian fiasco, that is a major concern. I think for me the most disappointing behaviour is that those in power failed to keep their participants safe. All are feeling the effects, the uncertainty, the implications. It is possible the sport could be used as a bargaining chip in the country's next general election. There should have been a robust plan in place to deal with this situation immediately. The kennel, including trainer and all staff employed at the time, should have had their licenses revoked when the charges were laid. The SPCA does not bring cases to court it believes it will not win. To my knowledge, they have never lost a case. If I was one of those involved, I would be fearful.

The sport needs to come down hard, the warning needs to be powerful. You engage, you are done! If found guilty the sport should seize all property, assets, and animals to recoup illegally earned stakes, and the ban should be for life.

You know, you almost have to laugh at what has transpired so far, just over this Cole saga.

Most members posting on the various threads on BOAY are crying out for HELP, in an attempt to save their livelihood & to save the industry. All that they want is fairness, integrity, justice and a level playing field for the code.

Why is it so damn hard trying to get these simple things out of GRNZ/RIU? They are all things which they are tasked with doing!

I challenge the mostly corrupt & conflicted GRNZ Board & the CE to take 5 minutes out of their busy schedule and actually read what they are tasked with doing in their prestigious positions. If somehow they believe they are to busy with other matters than to waste five minutes of their time studying what they should be doing, then simply spend 15 seconds and read (b), (c), (k) & (x) below, as a short briefing.

5. SPECIFIC POWERS OF THE BOARD 
5.1 The Board shall have the following Powers in relation to these Rules: 

(a) To license or register persons under these Rules; 

(b) Subject to Rules 66 to 73, to Suspend, deregister, Disqualify or Warn Off as it deems necessary in the best interests of Greyhound racing or its related activities in New Zealand; 

(c) To promulgate, implement and uphold the Welfare Code relating to the safety and welfare of Greyhounds; 

(d) To determine fees payable in respect of all appeals and other applications made to, and all licences, consents, registrations and other documents issued by the Association; 

(e) To file an information or informations by lodging the information sheet with a person appointed by the Judicial Control Authority from time to time; 

(f) To disqualify either permanently or temporarily any Greyhound which, in the opinion of the Board, has been used for, or in connection with an Offence, or which has been entered or Nominated to run, or allowed to run in a Race or Satisfactory Trial under a fraudulent description, or failed to pursue the Lure during the Race or Satisfactory Trial provided that this power may not be exercised to change the placings.  An Owner or Trainer of a Greyhound may seek a review, by a Judicial Committee, of any decision made under this Rule in accordance with Rule 66.2. 

(g) To exclude from participation in Greyhound racing, any Greyhound which is not Registered in accordance with these Rules or an Approved Registration Authority.  

(h) To prescribe conditions for all Registrations of Persons and Greyhounds including conditions for leasing of Greyhounds, the form of lease, registration of leases and Rules governing the rights and obligations of parties to such leasing arrangements. 

(i) To prohibit any Person from participating or being employed in an honorary capacity, or for reward or remuneration in Greyhound racing, either as an Official or employee of a Club, where such action is necessary for the proper conduct of Greyhound racing. 

(j) By notice in writing to any Person Registered under these Rules, the Board may prohibit such Person taking part in any Greyhound Race, Meeting or Satisfactory Trial held by any Greyhound racing Club which is not Registered under these Rules. 

(k) To exercise all other powers, duties and obligations contained in these Rules. 

(l) To appoint from time to time such number of Stewards for the purposes of these Rules as it thinks fit (but, in any case, not fewer than two), and (except where the Board has appointed an Integrity Service Provider) to pay such salary or other remuneration for services as it determines; 

(m) To appoint from time to time such number of Assistant Stewards for the purposes of these Rules as it thinks fit, and (except where the Board has appointed an Integrity Service Provider) to pay such salary or other remuneration for services as it determines (such Assistant Stewards to have the same duties, rights and obligations as Stewards, except to the extent that these Rules otherwise provide); 

(n) To appoint from time to time such number of Racecourse Investigators for the purposes of these Rules that it thinks fit, and (except where the Board has appointed an Integrity Service Provider) to pay such salary or other remuneration for services as it determines; 

(o) Notwithstanding any other provision of these Rules the Board may agree with any Integrity Service Provider to provide through its staff the carrying out of any function and the exercise of any power reserved to a Steward or Racecourse Investigator under these Rules. 

Provided that: 

(i) The staff of the Integrity Service Provider have first been appointed as Stewards and/or Racecourse Investigators pursuant to these Rules. 

(ii) The agreement requires the Integrity Service Provider to ensure that its staff at all times carry out the services in accordance with these Rules. 

(p) Where any member of the Board has reasonable cause to suspect an Offence is about to, or may take place, or has taken place, at any Meeting, Race or Trial the Chairman may authorise any such member for the purpose of preventing or detecting an enquiry into such Offence to (subject to the laws of trespass): 

(i) Enter and inspect any land, track, building, or other place in or about which such Meeting, Race or Trial is being held or is about to be held or is being conducted by any Clubs; 

(ii) Make, alter or vary all or any of the arrangements for the conduct of such Meeting, Race or Trial; 

(iii) Require the secretary of the Club conducting such Meeting, Race or Trial production of all books, particulars of entry or Nomination and or documents relating to the Meeting, Race or Trial of any Greyhound Nominated or entered or present at the Meeting, Race or Trial; 

(iv) Order any examination of any Greyhound for the purposes of ascertaining its age or identity for any other purpose; 

(v) Order the scratching or withdrawal of any Greyhound from a Race or Trial; 

(vi) Order the removal of any Muzzle or rug; 

(vii) Remove at any time during the hours of Racing the Judge, Steward or Stewards or other Officials and act in his/her or their stead or appoint a substitute or substitutes for him/her or them; 

(viii) Appoint any Official necessary in his/her opinion for the proper conduct of the Meeting, Race or Trial if he/she is of the opinion that the Club Committee or other governing body of the Club has failed or neglected to do so; 

(ix) Take possession and detain for the purposes of enquiry for a period not exceeding 14 days the Greyhound which in the opinion of such member of the Board there are reasonable grounds for believing or suspecting the omission or intention or attempt to commit an Offence; 

(x) Enquire into or direct the Steward or Stewards to enquire into whether there has been committed or attempted to commit an Offence.

Edited by Yankiwi

Guest CrossCodes

The trainer I used to have syndicate dogs with up here is all but done with game nowadays.

They thought about breeding a few more litters but with this case looming and NZGRA doing nothing it is a distinct possibility there may be no code left in a few years time.

Why go to the time and expense of breeding a few more litters if there is a chance we may not have any races to compete in?

Im sure they are not the only trainers who have zero faith in the NZGRA to do the right thing to ensure the future of greyhound racing

1 hour ago, Cockyaleg said:

I agree with you as would 90% of licence holders in the sport. There is currently a ministerial review of racing's present structure including the racing police. LP's have reported face to face conversation have already taken place. I would say without hesitation most would be seeking sweeping changes across the board. The present system has brought us to this point due to abject failures on many levels.

The legalities surrounding the SPCA's prosecution have raised a number of questions. The lessons weren't learned following the Australian fiasco, that is a major concern. I think for me the most disappointing behaviour is that those in power failed to keep their participants safe. All are feeling the effects, the uncertainty, the implications. It is possible the sport could be used as a bargaining chip in the country's next general election. There should have been a robust plan in place to deal with this situation immediately. The kennel, including trainer and all staff employed at the time, should have had their licenses revoked when the charges were laid. The SPCA does not bring cases to court it believes it will not win. To my knowledge, they have never lost a case. If I was one of those involved, I would be fearful.

The sport needs to come down hard, the warning needs to be powerful. You engage, you are done! If found guilty the sport should seize all property, assets, and animals to recoup illegally earned stakes, and the ban should be for life.

Agree entirely. If this had happened to a small trainer they would of been shut down immediately. They would of had to figure out how to re-home their team. Would of had no income. Would of probably had a mental breakdown. Definitely wouldn't have the pleasure of 30 dogs racing tomorrow nite. It's beyond belief that the persons in the photos are allowed to still race. 

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

7 hours ago, Milo said:

Heres a challenge for you.

I get that you are angry and protective. Here's the kicker, the people in the photos will be identified in court. Hard copies were taken to the races. There is no mistaking who the persons are. If anyone is putting their faith in someone else's lawyer to escape exposure, they seriously should think again. The house of cards will collapse, the challenge, will anyone survive? The time to act is rapidly diminishing, once the door closes, there is no coming back.

4 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

The trainer I used to have syndicate dogs with up here is all but done with game nowadays.

They thought about breeding a few more litters but with this case looming and NZGRA doing nothing it is a distinct possibility there may be no code left in a few years time.

Why go to the time and expense of breeding a few more litters if there is a chance we may not have any races to compete in?

Im sure they are not the only trainers who have zero faith in the NZGRA to do the right thing to ensure the future of greyhound racing

and this assumes that nothing else will go wrong in the meantime.
How "Squeaky" clean are our other esteemed big name trainers??

• Sad 1

While I appreciate all the nice things said about my Dad Max, I do not appreciate the nasty comments about my son. You are all entitled to your opinion but the same people that are so unkind on here hiding behind an alias are so nice to my face.  If you have anything to say to me then don't hesitate. You talk about disrespect, yet here you are making personal attacks online without the balls to put your name to it. 

• Champ Post 2

On ‎8‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 5:11 PM, Yankiwi said:

I believe the best focus for energies is in other directions. Remember, up until at least now, there are other people in the images & Lisa as the trainer who have yet to answer any questions/charges for their part.

Facts

• GRNZ & the RIU have said continually that they were going to wait for the SPCA's investigation to be completed prior to investigating the alleged crime under GRNZ rules.
  • Brendon has been charged criminally by the SPCA.

Questions

• Why hasn't the RIU opened an investigation on Lisa, as the trainer, with the ultimate non-transferable responsibility of welfare for the kennel?
  • Why aren't the others along side Brendon in the images being investigated by the RIU?

Surely both of these responses by GRNZ/RIU are not going to wait until Brendon's trail has been finalized. Lisa or her intellectual property (kennel/business) has not been charged by the SPCA, so what is the excuse the greyhound powers have for letting her slide for now? How long do you think GRV or NSWGR would have been around if the reacted at the same sloths speed that our powers have?

Wake up powers... You have duties to perform...

Edited by Yankiwi

8 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Facts

• GRNZ & the RIU have said continually that they were going to wait for the SPCA's investigation to be completed prior to investigating the alleged crime under GRNZ rules.
  • Brendon has been charged criminally by the SPCA.

Questions

• Why hasn't the RIU opened an investigation on Lisa, as the trainer, with the ultimate non-transferable responsibility of welfare for the kennel?
  • Why aren't the others along side Brendon in the images being investigated by the RIU?

Surely both of these responses by GRNZ/RIU are not going to wait until Brendon's trail has been finalized. Lisa or her intellectual property (kennel/business) has not been charged by the SPCA, so what is the excuse the greyhound powers have for letting her slide for now? How long do you think GRV or NSWGR would have been around if the reacted at the same sloths speed that our powers have?

Wake up powers... You have duties to perform...

Why would anything happen? Brendan will get found guilty, he'll appeal, he will still be raking in the dough in 12-18 months from now..

All of this will come to pass and GRNZ will carry on as usual. If they haven't been flushed out and waterblasted by now- then the govt won't do anything down the line. 

Get used to it, this is how the industry is. 

1 hour ago, Racink9 said:

While I appreciate all the nice things said about my Dad Max, I do not appreciate the nasty comments about my son. You are all entitled to your opinion but the same people that are so unkind on here hiding behind an alias are so nice to my face.  If you have anything to say to me then don't hesitate. You talk about disrespect, yet here you are making personal attacks online without the balls to put your name to it. 

I don’t see any nasty comments about your son on this thread...but if any one is to blame it’s BIG BRENDA his BOSS ..? the man in the cowboy hat .

3 hours ago, Testy said:

Why would anything happen? Brendan will get found guilty, he'll appeal, he will still be raking in the dough in 12-18 months from now..

All of this will come to pass and GRNZ will carry on as usual. If they haven't been flushed out and waterblasted by now- then the govt won't do anything down the line. 

Get used to it, this is how the industry is. 

Great reasoning until the industry actually gets shut. Its embarrasing telling people you used to work in an industry like this.

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

Thinking back, wasn't it the Rendle/Holden regime that did a clear out of personal at headquarters then refill the positions with new staff? 

If so, what would have been the underlying reason for such a move?

Cough, open the door to corruption, cough cough

11 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

Thinking back, wasn't it the Rendle/Holden regime that did a clear out of personal at headquarters then refill the positions with new staff? 

If so, what would have been the underlying reason for such a move?

What really sticks out to me is that falsifying a document for monetary gain is Fraud under New Zealand law ah Craig 

6 hours ago, Arsenic said:

What really sticks out to me is that falsifying a document for monetary gain is Fraud under New Zealand law ah Craig 

None of us are surprised, I wonder if there’s a statute of limitations should a complaint be made to the police?