Bit Of A Yarn

Ashburton big move

Richie

Looked like it was sore,certainly hanging bad. 

That race summed up my betting from yesterday..  I backed Far from true and anchored it in combinations with 4 including the 2 that made up the $152 quinella ,but didn't bother to box them like I normally do. 

Far from true had no reason to gallop as it was clear in front, The only reason it did was it somehow got word I was on.

If you do your study punting is more about doing the right thing with the knowledge you have,some days you just seem to always pull the wrong rein .

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Gee, with old Ivan training, i would want $100+ on that nag

how old is ivan shwann?  I remember being at the races at Timaru one day when  I was just a boy and there was a smash and he ended up at the bottom of the fallen runners. I thought he was about 50 then and that was about 40 years ago..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, the galah said:

how old is ivan shwann?  I remember being at the races at Timaru one day when  I was just a boy and there was a smash and he ended up at the bottom of the fallen runners. I thought he was about 50 then and that was about 40 years ago..

I remember he had Meadow King in the 80s, maybe he just looked old when he was young?? Surely must be over 80, good on him i suppose to be still in the game

• Like 2