Bit Of A Yarn

syndicates

1 hour ago, hunterthepunter said:

syndicates racing is it the reel deal being in one or is it just a good old booze up most syndicate members will tell you at the end of the day the only one to make money is the trainer and some syndicate members not even getting stake money after winning group one racers

i imagine syndicates pay on time so that is good news for the trainers

i don't think syndicate promoters are suggesting syndication is a sound financial investment

like is there detailed financials of all previous horses available when joining

its a fun thing with some dressing up which also allows the brodster to dust off his broomstick and pointy hat and defeat his restrictions

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Westview said:

Syndicate rules or lack of them seriously need to be sorted out, at this stage it is definitely buyer beware. If your not getting total disclosure don't join

And on that note, here,s why you should think about our syndicates.

1  - Best trotting family in the country

2- Total disclosure ,full stop, which includes 

a)  Financial updates

b) Constant updates on progress of all horses at various stages of development, including photographs.

c) Voting rights on all matters regarding placement of horses, naming of horses, leasing new young ones, etc

d) Ballots for ownership of Trophys won or replicas of the same.

e) Access to managers with concerns, by email or phone .

f) All other information on racing dates , results , and trainer information and input.

Couldn't speak more highly of being a part (however small) of this organisation. 

Got to meet more of our syndicate members at the Jewels, really great bunch.

Give it a go guys, I can send you all the details you need.:)

• Like 6

3 hours ago, globederby12 said:

And on that note, here,s why you should think about our syndicates.

1  - Best trotting family in the country

2- Total disclosure ,full stop, which includes 

a)  Financial updates

b) Constant updates on progress of all horses at various stages of development, including photographs.

c) Voting rights on all matters regarding placement of horses, naming of horses, leasing new young ones, etc

d) Ballots for ownership of Trophys won or replicas of the same.

e) Access to managers with concerns, by email or phone .

f) All other information on racing dates , results , and trainer information and input.

Couldn't speak more highly of being a part (however small) of this organisation. 

Got to meet more of our syndicate members at the Jewels, really great bunch.

Give it a go guys, I can send you all the details you need.:)

good post globe well syndicates are not for everyone not a lot of money to be made just more of a fun thing a syndicate horse in a stable is equal to ten horses for a trainer not all trainers are in them as to many owners to answer too

Syndication is a great way to try and get new people into the harness racing game.

I am sure people that have The smallest percentage ownership in a horse gets more enjoyment from winning a race, as do the ones that consistently plunder the stakes of our biggest stakes races!

Syndicates pull people oncourse more than anything really and hopefully they bring their friends and families with them!

Ownership of horses on your own has become only available to people who have money they can afford to lose, as a money making investment it is not viable!!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Syndication is a great way to try and get new people into the harness racing game.

I am sure people that have The smallest percentage ownership in a horse gets more enjoyment from winning a race, as do the ones that consistently plunder the stakes of our biggest stakes races!

Syndicates pull people oncourse more than anything really and hopefully they bring their friends and families with them!

Ownership of horses on your own has become only available to people who have money they can afford to lose, as a money making investment it is not viable!!

Tell that to the owners of Winx.

Globe is dead right on syndicates bring people to the races along with other owners, of the 675 registered owners with horses involved on jewels day one horse was represented by 250 of them. I'm sure globes horse would have had a big following aswell . As with any industry word of mouth is the best advertising you can get and owners are the key to that.

• Like 1

so if you win a race in a big syndicate what do you get out of it ??????? a picture on the wall lol spellbound ran second in jewels 300 owners so they get roughly 66dollars or if it won would of go 250dollars whata joke only one that be making money is the trainer as the charges be high and that horse be equal to ten horses being trained

21 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

so if you win a race in a big syndicate what do you get out of it ??????? a picture on the wall lol spellbound ran second in jewels 300 owners so they get roughly 66dollars or if it won would of go 250dollars whata joke only one that be making money is the trainer as the charges be high and that horse be equal to ten horses being trained

You really have no idea.  Syndicates don't get charged 10 times the cost of any other horse. They wouldn't have the horse trained there.  We have votes on payouts but almost every time vote is to reinvest and that is where the Majestic Man's come from by putting in winnings from Sol Invictus and Monty Python and others. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

Hunter , instead of being shown up as ignorant in this regard, why don't you and some of the others ( not saying they are in the same boat) take the plunge and find out what it's really like to be part of a well oiled machine. God knows I have given enough prompting, s over time. It's all hot air otherwise. 

3 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

Hunter , instead of being shown up as ignorant in this regard, why don't you and some of the others ( not saying they are in the same boat) take the plunge and find out what it's really like to be part of a well oiled machine. God knows I have given enough prompting, s over time. It's all hot air otherwise. 

I do have a syndicate  horse with mr hrnz no money in it and I support 4 other stables with horses that are owned out rite more money made of them  

Im a part of a syndicate and i can't speak highly enough of our trainer and our syndicate manager.I only have a small % but it still enables me to be a part of it and when my horse wins the thrill i get is exactly the same as if i had a massive share.I love the game and i love being apart of it and the horse that i have a share in managed to get 3rd in the Jewels which was a massive buzz.I know that i'll never be able to retire from the payouts i get,but the thrill i get more than makes up for that.

• Like 7

22 hours ago, Mardy said:

Im a part of a syndicate and i can't speak highly enough of our trainer and our syndicate manager.I only have a small % but it still enables me to be a part of it and when my horse wins the thrill i get is exactly the same as if i had a massive share.I love the game and i love being apart of it and the horse that i have a share in managed to get 3rd in the Jewels which was a massive buzz.I know that i'll never be able to retire from the payouts i get,but the thrill i get more than makes up for that.

Exactly. Well said you.

Well as of today im now no longer a part of the syndicate that races Indy.Trainer decided to get her looked at after she ran at Addington,mainly because she's had knee issues...and the bad news is that she's got a hairline fracture and has been retired,she's a pretty tough mare and its a shame that we'll never get to see her true ability,but she definitely gave me some thrills along the way.So i still stand by what i said..syndicates are great and i guess i'll be on the lookout for another one in due course.

ll

• Like 2