NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Consensus?

A relatively honest post from Mr Molloy on the other channel:

"I can't t see it bothering us Rumpers, I only listen to people with credibility, not anonymous trolls, although he’s entitled to his opinion because this is racing after all and everyone has an opinion.

I personally have no interest in the mare from a racing perspective anyway. It’s actually all about our deceased Mum anyway, that’s why she’s racing in the family name.

Secondly Alysha rides her and she makes decisions based on the events that unfold during the race. That’s her job.

We don’t criticise jockeys, we support them and their decisions, that’s why Alysha has pretty much ridden the mare her entire racing life, because she does a good job, she’s mind to Kimmy, she doesn’t hit her and she looks after her once she’s beaten.

As for The Counties Cup performance, that’s true, but clearly the author doesn’t know she had an A fib that day.

She won a G1 next start though so it didn’t harm her !!

I note the horse in the same race yesterday, he who ran fourth to Winx last start, Comin’ Through, didn’t produce his best either, they’re not machines and racing against Winx hurts you, deep down.

It wouldn’t have mattered what happened yesterday in the run, the mare ran well below her best, she’s had enough and I’m told she’s coming home ( even though Coolmore offered a Fastnet Rock foal share )

She’s done her job, she now has an Australian G1 pedigree notation bedside her name, and she’s won just under a hundred grand during the tour.

We’ve also turned down a million Australian for her ( she’s a G1 winning mare, they’re a very rare commodity, and she’s 17 times a black type performer now, I think that’s right, a troll will correct me if I’m wrong by one or two ) and she has a Cox Plate winner on her page.

We’re smiling, we’re proud of Kimmy, and as long as she’s healthy and sound we’ll be happy.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Now that Consensus looks like heading to the broodmare paddock can we move on from critiquing her.  I think we all agree she was an honest horse that batted above her weight.

Carried a lot more weight than most too....if ya get what I mean.

You have to remember, RS has gone on and on about how good this mare was recently, so was open to criticism , it was more about him, not the horse. 

After all, he did on many times give Sharrock heaps when he talked about Kawi, apparently he was over rated, and look what he won?

All good, 

8 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

That’s the nicest post I have seen from him, hope he’s all right? 

1 Million bucks, Jesus I would have taken that. 

But yeah, good luck with the horse. 

Probably concern in the camp that slowly but surely BOAY is gaining more and more each week, and there is not a lot they can do about it, because this site is superior in every feature, and unless they spend quite a bit of money on things other than comps, such as maintenance and marketing, that is not going to change.

Scooby is even thanking people for entering into his comp, the numbers of which were well down yesterday.

It is very hopeful that an earth shattering event will occur on BOAY this week, so watch this space:)

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

5 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

You have to remember, RS has gone on and on about how good this mare was recently, so was open to criticism , it was more about him, not the horse. 

After all, he did on many times give Sharrock heaps when he talked about Kawi, apparently he was over rated, and look what he won?

All good, 

Yes that's true but the horse deserves better. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, hesi said:

Probably concern in the camp that slowly but surely BOAY is gaining more and more each week, and there is not a lot they can do about it, because this site is superior in every feature, and unless they spend quite a bit of money on things other than comps, such as maintenance and marketing, that is not going to change.

Scooby is even thanking people for entering into his comp, the numbers of which were well down yesterday.

It is very hopeful that an earth shattering event will occur on BOAY this week, so watch this space:)

What gives with the hammering of good trainers by "the best brain in NZ Racing"?  Sharrock, Roger James now Graham Richardson.  They've all done better than him in one season alone!

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

"I can't t see it bothering us Rumpers, I only listen to people with credibility, not anonymous trolls, although he’s entitled to his opinion because this is racing after all and everyone has an opinion.

I personally have no interest in the mare from a racing perspective anyway. It’s actually all about our deceased Mum anyway, that’s why she’s racing in the family name.

Secondly Alysha rides her and she makes decisions based on the events that unfold during the race. That’s her job.

We don’t criticise jockeys, we support them and their decisions, that’s why Alysha has pretty much ridden the mare her entire racing life, because she does a good job, she’s mind to Kimmy, she doesn’t hit her and she looks after her once she’s beaten.

As for The Counties Cup performance, that’s true, but clearly the author doesn’t know she had an A fib that day.

I note the horse in the same race yesterday, he who ran fourth to Winx last start, Comin’ Through, didn’t produce his best either, they’re not machines and racing against Winx hurts you, deep down.

It wouldn’t have mattered what happened yesterday in the run, the mare ran well below her best, she’s had enough and I’m told she’s coming home ( even though Coolmore offered a Fastnet Rock foal share )

She’s done her job, she now has an Australian G1 pedigree notation bedside her name, and she’s won just under a hundred grand during the tour.

We’ve also turned down a million Australian for her ( she’s a G1 winning mare, they’re a very rare commodity, and she’s 17 times a black type performer now, I think that’s right, a troll will correct me if I’m wrong by one or two ) and she has a Cox Plate winner on her page.

We’re smiling, we’re proud of Kimmy, and as long as she’s healthy and sound we’ll be happy.

That was actually very nice post I'm sure anyone of us would love to be lucky enough to own her.

• Like 1

Yes it was Flag.  And I've seen it before from him. There is a part of him which is intelligent and has incisive wit.  Now and again you also see compassion (only where he believes someone strictly deserves it, mind!).

Now and again .....? .......... 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hesi said:

I don't think you can call that a "comp" Hesi.

An ambiguous set of rules (half the entrants didn't realise he intended people to pick the horses in the right order), a hickory scratching replacement rule, and sporadic and partial score updates.  Half the fun of comps is everyone knowing where they stand after each race - that's what makes PJ's comp so good.

They've shown for some time they can't run a comp properly - If he didn't put the $200 up he would have been lucky to get 10 entries in that sham.

• Like 3

When you look at these types of sites, you need a few characters to make it work, and for people to keep coming back. If it gets boring, people will give up, if it gets too abusive, will have same effect. 

On BOAY we have a great mix of people, growing all the time, and most of all, EVERYONE HAS SAME POSTING RULES!!! Nobody has special treatment. 

Which shows in post numbers, especially harness section. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

yes she was good horse in nz well placed id say but she went late in her career to aust even thought i dont think she would have measured up early in her career in aust a million dollar offer i would have  handcuffed the person that offered me that to myself till the cheque cleared

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, wally said:

yes she was good horse in nz well placed id say but she went late in her career to aust even thought i dont think she would have measured up early in her career in aust a million dollar offer i would have  handcuffed the person that offered me that to myself till the cheque cleared

DF9DEF77-74FD-461F-A52F-B91F1794CA0F.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Newmarket said:

When you look at these types of sites, you need a few characters to make it work, and for people to keep coming back. If it gets boring, people will give up, if it gets too abusive, will have same effect. 

On BOAY we have a great mix of people, growing all the time, and most of all, EVERYONE HAS SAME POSTING RULES!!! Nobody has special treatment. 

Which shows in post numbers, especially harness section. 

True

On 6/05/2018 at 11:46 AM, hesi said:

PJs comps moving her??? (he said pleadingly)

Edited by pete

Out of respect for PJ, let's leave him to make that decision

Clearly it will not be even a consideration until some time after the current comp finishes on Saturday

Sorry Pete just read your post in context  No that is not the hopeful earth shattering event I was referring to

• Like 1

On 5/05/2018 at 6:40 PM, Newmarket said:

Poor thing will sleep well. Brain explosion of a ride, was only ever going to be a chance if it had a real good run. 

Cant blame her thou, a certain guy would have been chipping away at her for days telling her how good it was, so she rode it accordingly. 

Just wonder what the excuse will be, 

1, Too many horses in race? 

2, Too hard a run? 

3, Didn’t Eat up ? 

4, Off her water? 

5, Didn’t travel well? 

6, We couldn’t get any Nescafé? 

7, Didn’t want hard run, so eased up? 

8, Ran fastest last 600m ever anywhere? 

9, Ran fastest first 600m ever anywhere? 

10, Spider bit her? 

Without having read the rest of the thread Newmarket but being one of the owners(via my wife of course Mrs DP Molloy) the official verdict is she has gone over the top for the season and will now be coming home on the next flight.  In each of the last two seasons she has run poorly at the end of her campaign and each time the paddock has been the result

Much as there might be some over the top crap talked about her(I have only just got home and not bothered with that site) I do not think it is as bad as some other NZ horses get burdened with and to be fair she made a significant profit on the trip despite not paying a dividend.  I would very much doubt we will get another one good enough to race in a $4 million  race let alone against the best horse in the world and it has given me the opportunity to go see two beautiful race courses(and a close up view of the aforementioned best horse in the world) in the last three weeks.

In regards the QEII clearly we would never have beaten Winx but Jason said she over raced slightly early on AND they were not winning on the fence that day so with an ounce of luck she might have finished a place or two closer which might have converted that $40000 stake into $90000 or $180000.  Steve McKee made it clear it was the owners call(My sister owns her not my brother I might add and made that decision) to run in the QEII but in simple terms she could not lose - even if she had 100m last we would have made a $12000 profit on the entry fee.  Further Steve pointed out to us that day that she would have to run a career best to finish in the first five.  Like all of us he was disappointed on Saturday but they are not machines and if we knew what was going to happen Goldophin would have the whole lot.

My personal view of the Aussie trip was that we were aiming far too high(needless to say I was overruled) but to be fair she got black type(apparently) over there for running fourth in the Ranvet  and that makes a quality colt from her worth probably another $200000 at the Inglis or MM sales so there was a method in the madness.

• Like 5
  • Champ Post 2

On 6/05/2018 at 10:53 AM, Chief Stipe said:

Now that Consensus looks like heading to the broodmare paddock can we move on from critiquing her.  I think we all agree she was an honest horse that batted above her weight.

At the moment she is set for another year on the track.  Julie is not a breeder and has no real idea what is best from that perspective (despite being talked into having her served twice by Tavistock) so the decision has been made to  carry on for another year (unless she tells us she has had enough of course in which case she will go to the breeding barn). Julie has only been indirectly approached in regards a foal for foal deal and insofar as I know there has been no recent offer for her.

You want to bear in mind she should also be a dual if not three time G1 winner.  Vinnie Colgan pole axed her 50m out on VSB in the Bonecrusher two years ago after Girl of my Dreams skittled her as well - could have killed both her and the jockey and in last year's Bonecrusher she was posted off the track and still ran a close up fourth. She is a better horse than her record suggests but much as she is a good horse in NZ she is just another horse in Aussie where they are all good(at Group level I mean)

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 2

And just to confirm neither the owners nor, insofar as I know,  the trainer were unhappy with the ride Saturday. The horse was posted wide and, while it might not have been the favoured option, going to the front was a forced decision.  Clearly being in front does not do her any favours.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 2

Yeah, Reefton I think you know the snarky remarks were intended for a certain person, you will know that he loves the banter?

To have a horse good enough to even set foot on Aussie soil is huge.  Good luck for the future, both owners & horse.

• Like 1