Bit Of A Yarn

Crusher collins

Westview

12 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Someone collects a $1000 trifecta on Cup day and they have to prove who they are, when they only bet once a year, and it is called money laundering?

I agree with you that it seems silly in that example.

A couple of your other comments confuse me though. Numerous times you have said you are restricted to less than $1000 and you don’t seem to be able to find anyway around it, so I would think you are largely unaffected by the new anti money laundering regulations. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

if someone bets once a year and wins a $1000 dollars im sure they wont throw the toys out of the cot and refuse to go to cup day again cause they were asked for i.d, may aswell boycott bottle stores, pubs, banks e.t.c

if a successful punter chose to give up punting cause they had to produce id in a financial transaction they either have A: something to hide, B : are fucking stupid, C : have too much money, D : Paranoid,  E : Jason Bourne  

which one are you Brodster?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, whiplash smile said:

if someone bets once a year and wins a $1000 dollars im sure they wont throw the toys out of the cot and refuse to go to cup day again cause they were asked for i.d, may aswell boycott bottle stores, pubs, banks e.t.c

if a successful punter chose to give up punting cause they had to produce id in a financial transaction they either have A: something to hide, B : are fucking stupid, C : have too much money, D : Paranoid,  E : Jason Bourne  

which one are you Brodster?

Firstly, why should,you have to produce ID for collecting $1k when you have had a bet in good faith.

Havent got a problem if the TAB staff questions someone who they think could be money laundering, however a genuine punter like myself that TAB staff know, should not have produce ID and tell Big Brother what they are collecting or spending everytime!!!!!

Nothing to hide at all, just don’t want to tell the TAB how much I am collecting or spending as it is hard enough to get money on already!!!

Don’t think I am that stupid, not paranoid just don’t like the TABs business practice and many agree with me!

Have too much money? Let’s just say I don’t need punting to live very comfortably, and I don’t launder money!

Edited by Brodie

2 hours ago, Rangatira said:

and then what ?

make a citizens arrest ?

That’s when they get The ID and if the TAB wants to do something about it then it is up to them!

To make a blanket policy of getting ID etc. from everyone who is a genuine punter is just blatant BS!

If it is now policy that the TAB is given punters names and they know how much is being transacted, they must not think it is a breach of the Privacy Act!

That being  the case, why doesn’t the TAB now put it over the TV who and how much everyone is punting for the big bets!

Tom Brown has put $10k on Raphoe to win!

17 minutes ago, Brodie said:

That’s when they get The ID and if the TAB wants to do something about it then it is up to them!

no no no no NO they are not independent enough

the local operator may have a nicely landscaped property c/w unable to be accounted for sleepers

46 minutes ago, Brodie said:

To make a blanket policy of getting ID etc. from everyone who is a genuine punter is just blatant BS!

If it is now policy that the TAB is given punters names and they know how much is being transacted, they must not think it is a breach of the Privacy Act!

That being  the case, why doesn’t the TAB now put it over the TV who and how much everyone is punting for the big bets!

Tom Brown has put $10k on Raphoe to win!

Are you seriously suggesting the tabs money laundering policy enforcement should be determined by individual staff members rather than across the board?

Your privacy points are ridiculous. They are two completely different things you are talking about. 

Might I suggest you make you comments before your 6th gin of the day?

1 minute ago, Tonkatime! said:

Are you seriously suggesting the tabs money laundering policy enforcement should be determined by individual staff members rather than across the board?

Your privacy points are ridiculous. They are two completely different things you are talking about. 

Might I suggest you make you comments before your 6th gin of the day?

What I have stated many times the blanket policy is BS, as if someone who collects $1k has had a bet so that he can collect over $1k and he could be doing this to launder money.

It is another totally unthought of policy that has a detrimental affect on racing in NZ without doubt.

You can defend it to the cows come home, but any punter in NZ that  bets  larger amounts and is currently restricted is going to have serious thoughts about whether they are going to continue to wager.

I can tell you now, the TAB will now have even more control over the punters.

They will be able to monitor everything and for me I am not going to be furthered controlled.

OK, the TAB may well say yay, however I am not going to be the only one that will give it away.

I will still watch the racing, but as to investing, not worth my while as I will be even more controlled by this new BS policy.

The TAB agencies around NZ will suffer as a consequence of this and ultimately there are going to be bugerall standalone TAB agencies left in the next couple of years as they become uneconomic.

Most betting will be done on account by computer or phone which is how the TAB can control easier.

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

I will still watch the racing, but as to investing, not worth my while as I will be even more controlled by this new BS policy.

The TAB agencies around NZ will suffer as a consequence of this and ultimately there are going to be bugerall standalone TAB agencies left in the next couple of years as they become uneconomic.

Most betting will be done on account by computer or phone which is how the TAB can control easier.

As I previously stated if we are to take your past comments about your restrictions as correct then you are uneffected by this change in policy. 

Stand alone agencies are all ready on the way out and reducing in numbers unless they have gaming, I only know of one in the Wellington region without pokies. 

Digital will be come the dominant channel regardless of this legislation or not. 

20 minutes ago, Tonkatime! said:

As I previously stated if we are to take your past comments about your restrictions as correct then you are uneffected by this change in policy. 

Stand alone agencies are all ready on the way out and reducing in numbers unless they have gaming, I only know of one in the Wellington region without pokies. 

Digital will be come the dominant channel regardless of this legislation or not. 

Tonka, I reiterate , I do not tell porkies!!

And you are Incorrect, I would’ve been effected by it.

Not elaborating on that for obvious reasons!

Anyway, I wont be giving over any Punters Card or Pass to any TAB agency!!

57 minutes ago, Tonkatime! said:

It already is and has been for a few years now.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tonkatime! said:

I thought that would be the case but wasn’t sure so I thought I’d play it a bit safe in case this one of those rare occasions that Brodie was on the money. 

Not too sure whether you think you are being funny or not?

What point are you trying to make to say that Brodie is not on the money and you are?????

Why doesn't someone from RITA simple confirm what particular section of the AML & CFT Act requires the TAB to maintain records for transactions $1,000?  From my read the domestic threshold is $10,000 and the International threshold is $1,000.  Therefore it should not be required for domestic transactions. I'm no lawyer but if it is required by the Act then I'm sure they can tell us exactly which section calls for it.

• Champ Post 1

6 hours ago, Harness4All said:

Why doesn't someone from RITA simple confirm what particular section of the AML & CFT Act requires the TAB to maintain records for transactions $1,000?  From my read the domestic threshold is $10,000 and the International threshold is $1,000.  Therefore it should not be required for domestic transactions. I'm no lawyer but if it is required by the Act then I'm sure they can tell us exactly which section calls for it.

Thankyou for that.

Anyone with half a brain can work out that is is nothing to do with money laundering at all.

The TAB brainstrust want total control of who is putting money on with them and who is collecting the larger sums so that they can restrict them.

Punters are not being given a fair go at all here, and it will backfire on them greatly, which is good.

Some decisions that the TAB bosses have made over the past few years are less than average, and I know from personal experience that they do not play fair, and treat punters differently.

As I say, I am not prepared to play their stupid little games anymore.

They will say that is great for them, it will affect them more than myself as the bigger wagering punters will tell them to get stuffed!

• Like 1

Harness4All, is totally correct in what he says about the $10,000 cash and $1000 for international orders, well done to him/her!

What the Nz TAB has introduced is radically over the top for what the prescribed requirements for anti money laundering, and how anyone  can defend this over the top policy is hard to believe.

Someone spends a couple of dollars and wins a trifecta and the collect is over $1k and the NZ TAB thinks this could well be money laundering??

WTF, you have to be kidding????

This is an intrusion into punters privacy and should not be tolerated, as they have introduced a policy that contravenes the regulations required by the government.

We should not be accepting this BS and show the TAB that what they have introduced is nothing more than wanting to control everyone, and show this by telling them to get stuffed and stop betting with them, until they withdraw their policy and amend it to what the law actually says!!!!

What does the Board have to do to comply with the AML/CFT Act?

Initially, you’ll have to:

• designate someone in your business as an AML/CFT compliance officer
  • assess and document the money laundering and terrorism financing risks your business may face
  • establish an AML/CFT compliance programme setting out how you’ll detect and manage these risks.

On an ongoing basis, you’ll have to:

• verify the identity of customers before providing any service covered by the AML/CFT Act. In some circumstances (such as if they represent a company or trust), you may also need to ask for information about where money came from and the other people involved. For more information about verifying customers’ identities, see:
    Information for customers about anti-money laundering laws
  • submit a Prescribed Transaction Report to the Police Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) if a client wants to conduct a transaction in cash that is $10,000 or more, or an international wire transfer of $1000 or more

So clearly the NZ TAB clearly sees fit that they want to go even further to so called PROTECT us all from something by not going by the Anti Laundering Money regulations and submit the punters to only $1k  rather than the $10k.

As Brodie has always maintained, this punters card has nothing to do with money laundering whatsoever, pure and simple CONTROL!

They deserve to be boycotted until they come out and apologise and play by what the AML states!!

Edited by Brodie

get your point brodie, but you come across as a bit paranoid,  like MI5, GSB , THE FIVE EYES and NZ TAB are conspiring to spy through the camera on your smart tv or laptop or local tab cctv  for mission `RESTRICT BRODIE`

cant believe they restrict you on FF plc odds given how stingy they are, surely their edge in the long run is money for nothing unless you are really good (not saying your not),

just cant see anyone but you boycotting the tab for that reason, every other reason for sure especially restrictions and takeout fees,

If they really wanted to they could demand photo id for every transaction like some institutions,

but trying to say it is a breach of the privacy act to ask for id really is ridiculous mate

I think these restrictions are keeping Brodster awake at night and causing P.T.S.D type conspiracy theories.

Flick us on some of your tips and at least let us get some on , they cant restrict us all!!  .. and if they do we will be there to march to parliament right behind you with ranga and shane jones!!

10 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

get your point brodie, but you come across as a bit paranoid,  like MI5, GSB , THE FIVE EYES and NZ TAB are conspiring to spy through the camera on your smart tv or laptop or local tab cctv  for mission `RESTRICT BRODIE`

cant believe they restrict you on FF plc odds given how stingy they are, surely their edge in the long run is money for nothing unless you are really good (not saying your not),

just cant see anyone but you boycotting the tab for that reason, every other reason for sure especially restrictions and takeout fees,

If they really wanted to they could demand photo id for every transaction like some institutions,

but trying to say it is a breach of the privacy act to ask for id really is ridiculous mate

I think these restrictions are keeping Brodster awake at night and causing P.T.S.D type conspiracy theories.

Flick us on some of your tips and at least let us get some on , they cant restrict us all!!  .. and if they do we will be there to march to parliament right behind you with ranga and shane jones!!

Whiplash, do not think,I am paranoid, just pissed of with the NZ TAB that I have supported for many years.

I am well aware that the TAB is a business and as such need to make money.

However, I have personally been treated very poorly over the last few years and not just restrictions!

I am not going to go into detail on here but if you had had the same things happen to you, I am sure you would be pissed as well.

Whiplash, can you explain to us all why you consider the TAB is fair in allowingNZ punters to have to be subjected to ONE TENTH of the amount as required under the AML/CFT act?

Look, I am at a stage where I just can not be bothered with betting with the TAB in NZ, however I feel that they should be respecting the AML act requirements and not being a law unto themselves!

The current TAB is not doing any favours to the racing industry in NZ at the moment!

Edited by Brodie

1 hour ago, whiplash smile said:

you prob right bout the threshold, just get creative with the self service machine or shout someone a free bet or buy them a beer to cash it for you but im sure you gonna say its the principle right?

can we still have a few free wee tips tho?

Whiplash, Brodie always voices his opinion when he knows things are not right, and this is not right.

Not sure how the self service machines are going to work but I bet they will program them so that bets and collects over 1k won’t work.

And yes I may well start throwing out some tips as I won’t be betting with the NZ TAB if they maintain the one tenth policy

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1