Bit Of A Yarn

Crusher collins

Westview

Could someone please let me know what has to happen to be declared a late scratching. Obviously having a starters assistant hold the horse while the rest of the field have travelled at least 50 metres isn't one of them. Yes talking thru my pocket and yes not betting for the rest of the day.

• Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Westview said:

Could someone please let me know what has to happen to be declared a late scratching. Obviously having a starters assistant hold the horse while the rest of the field have travelled at least 50 metres isn't one of them. Yes talking thru my pocket and yes not betting for the rest of the day.

No "Have Faith In Me" in this story sadly...

2 hours ago, Westview said:

no video up 3 hours after race run, Hrnz are way behind the gallops and greyhound codes in the service they provide in that respect.

Maybe the video man is still in confessional at church?

I actually think peter lamb is starting the races much better in the last 12 months.

As far as the horse Crusher Collins goes, I left it out because its manners are so poor when starting from a stand,when it has to stop and stand even for 5 seconds prior to the start. Down south it nearly always plays up bad, then it seems because of that, they give it a running start, which I think is unfair to the others.I know that may sound like i'm being a bit smart after the race,but that's the way I see it..

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

59 minutes ago, the galah said:

no video up 3 hours after race run, Hrnz are way behind the gallops and greyhound codes in the service they provide in that respect.

Maybe the video man is still in confessional at church?

I actually think peter lamb is starting the races much better in the last 12 months.

As far as the horse Crusher Collins goes, I left it out because its manners are so poor when starting from a stand,when it has to stop and stand even for 5 seconds prior to the start. Down south it nearly always plays up bad, then it seems because of that, they give it a running start, which I think is unfair to the others.I know that may sound like i'm being a bit smart after the race,but that's the way I see it..

Should have Dunn my form, although if you watch the replay that is up now you will see 8 seconds into the replay two starters assistance are with the horse, I can't wait to read the stripes report. Maybe I'm wrong ,but if that's a fair start I'll start backing the Warriors.

• Champ Post 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Westview said:

but if that's a fair start I'll start backing the Warriors.

It just highlights the inconsistencies of what constitutes a false start. The horse was 'at' the start and decided not to race.

But, was it in position? Does an unruly horse get less leeway?

The report is not up yet but my guess is it will simply say Crusher C chose not to go and, maybe, to trial satisfactorily once, which would be a joke considering what others horses get away with. 

21 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

It just highlights the inconsistencies of what constitutes a false start. The horse was 'at' the start and decided not to race.

But, was it in position? Does an unruly horse get less leeway?

The report is not up yet but my guess is it will simply say Crusher C chose not to go and, maybe, to trial satisfactorily once, which would be a joke considering what others horses get away with. 

I don't dispute it was at the start, I do have a problem if someone has hold of it, false start no, non starter yes , your right report will be a nonevent . Will be interesting talking to the driver which I will do next Friday then report back.

Yes, the horse has been a pig from a stand many times especially down south.

The horse was standing ok, and then a starters assistant came and grabbed hold of the horse basically the same time as the field was let go.

The starters assistant didn’t appear to show any urgency to get Crusher Collins to go.

Will be interesting the Stipes Report

Stipes report as expected, stood on the mark losing all chance. A warning was placed on the mares barrier record.  How about mare was held on the mark and punters were screwed again. If you were a first time punter or a gallops punter would you bet again ?. Ask yourself this question has our product got better or worse over the last couple of years.

2 minutes ago, Westview said:

Stipes report as expected, stood on the mark losing all chance. A warning was placed on the mares barrier record.  How about mare was held on the mark and punters were screwed again. If you were a first time punter or a gallops punter would you bet again ?. Ask yourself this question has our product got better or worse over the last couple of years.

Definitely a helluva lot of things that are unfair and many injustices in regards to many parts of racing in NZ.

Does anyone want me to label these?

I thought not!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rangatira said:

one of the blights is that restricted punters are still able to rob the industry coffers albeit to a lesser extent

Not robbing anything at all Ranga.

TAB is a betting agency that should take the good with the bad for them!

Anyway this new PUNTERS CARD is going to make it not worth many punters while, so watch the turnover drop, And never to return!

Why on earth should we be telling Big Brother what we collect or put on?

blatant breach of the Privacy Act!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Not robbing anything at all Ranga.

TAB is a betting agency that should take the good with the bad for them!

Anyway this new PUNTERS CARD is going to make it not worth many punters while, so watch the turnover drop, And never to return!

Why on earth should we be telling Big Brother what we collect or put on?

blatant breach of the Privacy Act!

Law is obviously not your strong point. I will only tell you once, its an AML protocol that NZ and the rest of the world have signed up to.

And you will no doubt be still punting this time next year and forever after despite all your weak post about how the game is going and your TAB restrictions

Greg

Edited by JJ Flash
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, JJ Flash said:

Law is obviously not your strong point. I will only tell you once, its an AML protocol that NZ and the rest of the world have signed up to.

And you will no doubt be still punting this time next year and forever after despite all your weak post about how the game is going and your TAB restrictions

Greg

Probably isn’t Greg.

Common Sense is stronger.

Do I  need to punt? no

Should people that collect $1k have to disclose who they are to the TAB and Government? No

Am I going to? No

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

waiting not required

that comment from you is pure garbage

So you believe that punters who put on the larger amounts are going to continue to punt when they have to produce a punters card everytime they collect or place a bet?

Anyway I won’t as all they will do is restrict us to pathetic amounts when they are aware who the punters are?

Absolute BS!!

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Anyway this new PUNTERS CARD is going to make it not worth many punters while

1) my understanding is that the punters card is free of any charges

2) the collect amount is not affected eg on presentation of the punters card the full amount of the collect will be paid out

do i have point 1, 2 or both points wrong cobber ?

Edited by Rangatira
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

1) my understanding is that the punters card is free of any charges

2) the collect amount is not affected eg on presentation of the punters card the full amount of the collect will be paid out

do i have point 1, 2 or both points wrong cobber ?

Cobber?

Only free if you bother to get one COBBER!!

Of course it is free if you get one, and off course you get the full amount, that is not the issue Cobber!

The TAB have stated that they are doing it to PROTECT US!!

From what I ask you?

The fact is that they state that it is to try and stop money laundering which is absolute BS!

It is about control of the punter as $1000 collect is not damn money laundering.

Watch as the bigger punters desert them!

cant see why producing I.D is a problem, if you have nothing to hide, restrictions are the problem not this, smaller tabs usually give you a cheque anyway for larger amounts which youd have to bank, just the way of the world now and if you got the bet on you are still winning with or without the card

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, whiplash smile said:

cant see why producing I.D is a problem, if you have nothing to hide, restrictions are the problem not this, smaller tabs usually give you a cheque anyway for larger amounts which youd have to bank, just the way of the world now and if you got the bet on you are still winning with or without the card

You what?

May not affect you, but for the ones that it is does, there is a problem.

Someone collects a $1000 trifecta on Cup day and they have to prove who they are, when they only bet once a year, and it is called money laundering?

TABs don’t give cheque’s much at all from what I see, betting vouchers or into an account!

it is the way of the world that you have to produce ID for legitimately collecting $1k or putting on $1k!!!!!!!

If you think that putting $1k on the TAB or collecting $1k is money laundering then you seriously have a problem identifying what a lot of money is, in this day and age.

If the TAB agency staff think there is a chance that a punter is laundering money then they should point this out to BIG BROTHER and get some ID!

The fact that a punter is a bigger punter than someone else means that they need to identify themselves to the TAB and Big Brother every damned bet and collect is just downright BS!

I am not going to play their total control game, and I don’t have to fortunately.

I know it is going to backfire on the TAB and I hope the punters that remain with the TAB take them to the cleaners!

When I hear that the TAB  take bets from people for $10k and that is ok with them, and others get on eff all and now this, it is blatant BS.

It will come back to bite them on the xxxxxxx

Edited by Brodie