Bit Of A Yarn

The effect of weight - science dispelling myths

curious

On 8/15/2019 at 11:09 AM, Thomass said:

Maybe that's why you priced VERRY FLASH at 35's with the 3kg allowance when winning at 7's??

next

On Saturday he priced Endless Drama at $40.00!!!   (Even had Te Akau Shark at $18.00) A horse who had finished third in the G1 Stradbroke at his last start and who had trialed impressively going into the race.   $40 yeah right!!!  Pftt.    

To be fair he did rate The Gordonian in the Winter Classic as overs as did everyone else bar one when rating the race as the bookies were miles out on that one.  However as they say even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

Verry Flash  $35.00  and Endless Drama  $40.00  Wish he was putting them up on Betfair.  ?

• Champ Post 1

24 minutes ago, All The Aces said:

On Saturday he priced Endless Drama at $40.00!!!   (Even had Te Akau Shark at $18.00) A horse who had finished third in the G1 Stradbroke at his last start and who had trialed impressively going into the race.   $40 yeah right!!!  Pftt.    

To be fair he did rate The Gordonian in the Winter Classic as overs as did everyone else bar one when rating the race as the bookies were miles out on that one.  However as they say even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

Verry Flash  $35.00  and Endless Drama  $40.00  Wish he was putting them up on Betfair.  ?

Are you Thommo or his cuzzy ATA? Can't find anywhere where you've priced a single horse prior to a race. Happy to add you to next week's demo market. Just send me yours. The point that is lost on you and your like is I don't actually care if I get some prices badly wrong or whether my value bets win or not in a given event.

3 minutes ago, curious said:

Pre you Thommo or his cuzzy ATA? Can't find anywhere where you've priced a single horse prior to a race. Happy to add you to next week's demo market. Just send me yours. The point that is lost on you and your like is I don't actually care if I get some prices badly wrong or whether my value bets win or not in a given event.

So best to ignore your pricing is what you are saying Curious. You don't care if you get them badly wrong. Point taken. ?

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, All The Aces said:

So best to ignore your pricing is what you are saying Curious. You don't care if you get them badly wrong. Point taken. ?

Totally correct ATA, on an individual horse basis. Don't care if I get heaps way wrong. Or whether I back the winner. Only care that on average, the ones I rate at value return more than the market assessment.

• Champ Post 1

3 hours ago, curious said:

Totally correct ATA, on an individual horse basis. Don't care if I get heaps way wrong. Or whether I back the winner. Only care that on average, the ones I rate at value return more than the market assessment.

Brill.so in that market both you and Bazzo 'priced' 6 at value.

so you 'invest' on all 6?

Or like the other Sultan all top 4?

Ive never seen or heard a pro 'investing' on 6 in a race..but each to their weird own I guess.

1 hour ago, curious said:
1 hour ago, curious said:

How many pros do you know well enough to know how they invest? I sometimes back 9 in a ten horse race.

Ever come undone.I recall a treble I had at Tauranga many years ago.in 1 leg =jumping race .there were 7 starters .I had 5.the other 2 quinelled the race!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, curious said:

How many pros do you know well enough to know how they invest? I sometimes back 9 in a ten horse race.

Well the HK pros I know of certainly don't/didnt

.but this is about educating the masses.so please feel free to post your last successful foray into 9/10 'investments'

.and maybe you could post the evidence.as indeed moi did when turning 2 Hundy into 10k on a lazy Friday.

thanks

3 hours ago, curious said:

Yep hr. A number of times!

Let's get this topic back on track...

.after you changed the thread...again

Have you emailed BHA yet.detailing how 1kg = 0.1L ....

...and how strike rate is a failed metric??

Edited by Thomass