Bit Of A Yarn

Horsetrader & Gavelhouse

Happy Sunrise

43 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Would you ever buy a horse through these sites?

It is quite interesting to see what is on offer. Must be bargains considering the prices some of them are going for or is it a place for hobby enthusiasts only?

https://horsetrader.kiwi

https://standardbred.gavelhouse.com/catalogue/3/gavelhouse.com Standardbred 28 August 2019 auction

Worth leasing and sending to a small stable especially up north where the money is good but quality is not, I'm sure people have had real bargains from those 2 sites.

1 hour ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Yes I have. Horsetrader - Bought a $1000 horse who won 5 for us plus a met bonus, a $2000 who won once. I look at horse trader most days.

GavelHouse - Have looked but not yet purchased.But wouldn't be afraid if the right one was there at the right time.

At least with horsetrader, there's often something there when you're ready to buy !

I also like buying out of Claiming races, but they are few and far between. Every low class race should allow a horse to have a claiming price, good option for owners to sell their horse, a little bit more work for racing club secretary and the stipes to check the claimers box.

• Champ Post 2

16 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Is it quite a straight forward process? Much paper work?

HorseTrader easy to list and buy.

GavelHouse I've registered as a buyer which is a simple process, but haven't yet bought so not sure of that process. I'm picking it would be pretty straight forward, pay-up and change of ownership papers completed.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 28/08/2019 at 9:02 AM, TheHorseman said:

HorseTrader easy to list and buy.

GavelHouse I've registered as a buyer which is a simple process, but haven't yet bought so not sure of that process. I'm picking it would be pretty straight forward, pay-up and change of ownership papers completed.

I have sold on Horse Trader and bought on Gavelhouse.Both easy to use and excellent to deal with.

• Like 1