Bit Of A Yarn

RITA - Annual Result 2018-19

Chief Stipe

Hmmm...sadly so.

The insult is that still we have the 700 - odd employed without any attempt at 'trimming' .  
I  realise that there will be contracts to run ,  and also,  'business as usual '  has to take place - which would preclude a massive clearing out just yet,  but some indication that cost trimming will take place would be nice.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, TIME FOR CHANGE said:

What will the operating profit be this year ?

Last year 154.9 million.

what is your figure for this year ?

Dean has already announced this.

While the full year results for RITA will be outlined at the AGM in November (and featured in the pending Statement of Intent), the unaudited net profit for the 2018/19 financial year at $137 million was significantly below last year’s result of $145.9 million and well below the budgeted $173.5 million. In spite of this, distributions to the Codes for both the 2018/19 and 2019/20 season have been held at the current level of $151.6 million.

On 13/10/2019 at 5:59 AM, curious said:

Dean has already announced this.

While the full year results for RITA will be outlined at the AGM in November (and featured in the pending Statement of Intent), the unaudited net profit for the 2018/19 financial year at $137 million was significantly below last year’s result of $145.9 million and well below the budgeted $173.5 million. In spite of this, distributions to the Codes for both the 2018/19 and 2019/20 season have been held at the current level of $151.6 million.

So that's another $17m from reserves.  Are they expecting a handout from Government?  Why didn't they just bite the bullet and live within their means?

Also why is it that through all this decline the person responsible for managing the revenue side of the business seems to have immunity?

16 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

So that's another $17m from reserves.  Are they expecting a handout from Government?  Why didn't they just bite the bullet and live within their means?

Also why is it that through all this decline the person responsible for managing the revenue side of the business seems to have immunity?

What reserves?  Have some savings been discovered under a mattress somewhere?

I am guessing that the loan has been rolled over for another year [  don't loans have interest to be paid as well.....? ]  until the BIUC and POC windfalls come rolling in to save us.

And they can't 'live within their means'  because Winston has instructed RITA to maintain stakes at their current levels.

I'm told - gleefully - that stakes will definitely go up next season.   I should have thought that debt servicing would take care of a fair chunk of any realised extra income.

Surely they can't raise stakes until revenue increases? what business runs on this ethos? the whole thing is a sham, house of cards, call it what you like, in fact a giant ponzy scheme bests sums it up. The sooner the cartel is ended the better, but who will be brave enough to take them on? I'll donate a diamond bike to the good bastard that brings them all down!

• Champ Post 1

• 4 weeks later...

No doubt like like year the Annual Report will be handed out to those few that attend the AGM. How wonderful is that no time for anyone to peruse the accounts so the serious questions can be answered. Transparency at it's best,what a joke. Any faith I had in RITA is sadly gone just like the NZ Racing Industry

• Champ Post 1

3 hours ago, NZRacing said:

No doubt like like year the Annual Report will be handed out to those few that attend the AGM. How wonderful is that no time for anyone to peruse the accounts so the serious questions can be answered. Transparency at it's best,what a joke. Any faith I had in RITA is sadly gone just like the NZ Racing Industry

You lasted longer than me....any faith I had in rita went when they announced the 'dead horse' Allen was staying on as CEO.

What a waste of time, rita, peters, allen, mac, et al

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1