Bit Of A Yarn

Methven no go

Westview

Ashvagas is all go, the club would like to thank the good guys from the Asburton Trotting Club , RIU,HRNZ and TAB, it's not as simple as it sounds moving venues and we do have over 500 members of working men's clubs from around Canterbury coming , so it's working bee 3.00 o'clock see you there.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

3 hours ago, Westview said:

Ashvagas is all go, the club would like to thank the good guys from the Asburton Trotting Club , RIU,HRNZ and TAB, it's not as simple as it sounds moving venues and we do have over 500 members of working men's clubs from around Canterbury coming , so it's working bee 3.00 o'clock see you there.

working bee committee down there are so lazy its a wonder the track has not been closed down disgusting how the place has been let go no wonder they lost the jewels 

13 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Why wouldn't they have the meeting on thoroughbred track? Or is there no civility between the harness and t.b in that area?

Probably not time enough to prepare the track, get the distances worked out etc. I imagine there is more to it than meets the eye and with the transfer itself that would be the last thing they would have time for.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hunterthepunter said:

working bee committee down there are so lazy its a wonder the track has not been closed down disgusting how the place has been let go no wonder they lost the jewels 

Lazy? I can assure you there is a group of dedicated, passionate and hard working people on that committee who are trying their best to get things back on track.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Counter Punch said:

Lazy? I can assure you there is a group of dedicated, passionate and hard working people on that committee who are trying their best to get things back on track.

Working bee at 3 wasn't needed,  our good friends at Ashvagas had everything in tip top condition. Thanks again 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 14/09/2019 at 9:25 AM, Westview said:

Track conditions will not allow us race there tomorrow,  we are currently working on plan b Ashvagas. 

If LESS than an inch of rain can cause the meeting to be cancelled, what chance of the October meeting going ahead!

Plenty of time to make a plan B for another grass surface instead if you start now! Banks Peninsular is preferable to Ashburton IMO. But I would take a Reefton,Waimate, Westport or Oamaru:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r: