Bit Of A Yarn

Has The Optimist become The Pessimist?

curious

Gee Curious I disagree, I don't know Brian, never met him, but I have to admire the fact he is one of the few with a backbone. Whilst I don't agree with the 'forced or compulsory' whatever, Aquisition of lands not belonging to them by NZTRB/RITA, whatever, at least Brian has tabled the absolute tripe and bullshit masquerading as a p&l report, financial review, state of play....whatever. This behaviour goes back to 2011 when Purcell tabled the full and fanciful garbage put out and disguised as a future and projections white paper, and now this sewage from Petone whereby owners are led to believe that while they [Petone] are not delivering, stand by, as they will shortly.

If there had of been true accountability, we would have seen custodial sentences handed out to those that deceived the stakeholders by hiding [as Brian pointed out] the true state of the finances and the true and expected/budgeted income streams.....

Trading while insolvent is a criminal activity and having done so after misleading investors, [owners, breeders etc] and having to borrow to keep up the charade [ponzi scheme] leads one to surmise, when will this all end up with a Royal Commission?

The train crash that is the FO Betting platform and the residual payments to the 3rd parties involved should now be examined forensically, there will be a lot, a lot of good buggers caught up in all this, led by blind loyalty to those above them in the chain of command, we can forgive that, not forget, but forgive, however those that pushed so hard to enter into this black hole need to be held to account, and in all honesty, if history repeats, it's never going to happen.

In a short time we will hear of prizemoney reductions, and other cost saving initiatives no doubt, only the truly loyal, or dumb, deaf and blind owners will stay in the game, the big breeders will continue as long as Oz and Asia stay viable, but with a new generation of gambler emerging, read sports betting, racing is doomed and Rome will again have burned to the ground.....et tu brute..

• Like 2

Agree, De Lore was employed by Messara and then became good friends so he has an intimate knowledge of what's required...

Those  who continually question De Lore,  and find fault in his dissertations, have a responsibility to put him on the right track if they think he's gone off them...

Just a simple email...or it becomes a one upsmanship journey...

1 hour ago, Thomass said:

Agree, De Lore was employed by Messara and then became good friends so he has an intimate knowledge of what's required...

Those  who continually question De Lore,  and find fault in his dissertations, have a responsibility to put him on the right track if they think he's gone off them...

I know Brian well and communicate with him regularly.  I wouldn't be arrogant enough to think that anything I might say would ' put him on the right track ' ,  however  - although he knows my opinion of Winston..! 

We've thrashed the topic to death, agree on much and disagree on plenty as well.   But, as stated earlier,  at least he's prepared to put his ideas forward and go to bat for the industry.  Plenty have much criticism but do shit all.

16 minutes ago, Freda said:

I know Brian well and communicate with him regularly.  I wouldn't be arrogant enough to think that anything I might say would ' put him on the right track ' ,  however  - although he knows my opinion of Winston..! 

We've thrashed the topic to death, agree on much and disagree on plenty as well.   But, as stated earlier,  at least he's prepared to put his ideas forward and go to bat for the industry.  Plenty have much criticism but do shit all.

There is a loud mouth on another site who criticises Brian to the point of defamation, he moots he is the peoples champion, and has the best interests of racing at heart and mind, if so why pull the man apart? if you don't agree with some/all of Brian's opines then by all means go for it, but when I read the vitriol directed at De Lore I wondered why Brian even bothers.

2 hours ago, Thomass said:

brian is very much a intellectual lightweight!  lol! he rather struggles to understand "Sunset Industry", that means the continued decline, something that has been happening for 20+ years...  I attempt to put him straight! guess what his response was! lol he deleted/blocked me!   comprehend that tommy! He blitter and moaned! 

2 hours ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Gee Curious I disagree, I don't know Brian, never met him, but I have to admire the fact he is one of the few with a backbone.

what Brian  doesn't grasp as say anyone  any understanding of Political Economy!  is that for 60+ of Kiwis have had a decline in their spending power for over 40 years and counting.  *Racing* only survives and thrives  when the working class is doing ok! WHich they are not!

2 hours ago, Joe Bloggs said:

when will this all end up with a Royal Commission?

You do know that there has been Two of them that I have read!  the odds of another is 1000/1... simply put! many of the Nats actually know that Racing Is a Sunset Industry! Hence they don't see the need to be flicking racing very much at all!

50 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

There is a loud mouth on another site who criticises Brian to the point of defamation, he moots he is the peoples champion, and has the best interests of racing at heart and mind, if so why pull the man apart? if you don't agree with some/all of Brian's opines then by all means go for it, but when I read the vitriol directed at De Lore I wondered why Brian even bothers.

Brian bothers!  because he is a 'racing tragic', holding on to the 'good times'... anyone one with a $ worth of 'good sense'  knows when to fold them, when to move away!
Re that 'other person', presume you mean  LM? he is like any narcissist who doesn't get his way he gets nasty!!!  If you have any problem with him! Just deal with him in person! he really is a lightweight! odds on he shits his pants!

8 minutes ago, curious said:

Thanks Joe. I'm not quite clear what you are disagreeing with. Would you help me understand please?

Yep, I'll do that........you are at cross purposes with Brian, you feel this report is the ants pants, or have I misread you, it may well be comprehensive Curious, however it's a crok of shit, it's in their DNA, to put that out demeans us all, insults our intelligence and somehow I reckon you know that, and agree, because you know grass roots and have a heart...and a brain.

8 minutes ago, Joe Bloggs said:

Yep, I'll do that........you are at cross purposes with Brian, you feel this report is the ants pants, or have I misread you, it may well be comprehensive Curious, however it's a crok of shit, it's in their DNA, to put that out demeans us all, insults our intelligence and somehow I reckon you know that, and agree, because you know grass roots and have a heart...and a brain.

I don't see where the "crok of shit" is in this report, Perhaps you would point me to some examples. I've only read 67 pages of it so far. 20 to go, so may not have got to that yet.

Edited by curious

8 minutes ago, curious said:

I don't see where the "crok of shit" is in this report, Perhaps you would point me to some examples. I've only read 67 pages of it so far. 20 to go, so may not have got to that yet.

I'll refer you to Brian De Lore's comprehensive dissection Curious, he was very articulate and pointed in his various blogs, I have a roast to cook so to spend time arguing with you re Petone's fairytales is not happening......everything Petone touched during the past 10 years is poison, and on many posts inc on that sycophant collective you seemed to agree over the years, what happened?  Are you now part of the non accountability consortium, why has NZ racing reached the lows it has? And in summary, the two blokes that stood up at the lectern at the AGM to deliver this dribble actually believe it........well do they? I think you believe they do.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe Bloggs said:

I'll refer you to Brian De Lore's comprehensive dissection Curious, he was very articulate and pointed in his various blogs, I have a roast to cook so to spend time arguing with you re Petone's fairytales is not happening......everything Petone touched during the past 10 years is poison, and on many posts inc on that sycophant collective you seemed to agree over the years, what happened?  Are you now part of the non accountability consortium, why has NZ racing reached the lows it has? And in summary, the two blokes that stood up at the lectern at the AGM to deliver this dribble actually believe it........well do they? I think you believe they do.

We may be talking at cross-purposes here Joe. I was talking about Brian's reference and header in the blog I posted which referred to the Grant Thornton Five-Year Performance and Efficiency Audit as being a waste of time with which I don't agree. It has highlighted a number of things you say such as the lack of any revenue yet from the FOB expenditure and a range of other strategic initiatives, that most of the racefield's revenue is already on stream through voluntary initiatives etc.. It possibly could have taken a more critical and analytic approach to some of the data underlying those strategies that the NZRB relied on such as the anonymised credit card data to predict the likely POC charge revenue etc. which it described as "credible".

I agree with pretty much everything else you say about the Petone dribble and have been saying that since day 1 and was initially in disagreement with Brian about the potential impact of the Messara report which he raved about. He now seems to have realised that he was sold down the river. I think the dribble you are talking about may be the RITA reports, AGM addresses etc., not the Thornton one? I pretty much agree with you on all those.

Edited by curious

49 minutes ago, curious said:

We may be talking at cross-purposes here Joe. I was talking about Brian's reference and header in the blog I posted which referred to the Grant Thornton Five-Year Performance and Efficiency Audit as being a waste of time with which I don't agree. It has highlighted a number of things you say such as the lack of any revenue yet from the FOB expenditure and a range of other strategic initiatives, that most of the racefield's revenue is already on stream through voluntary initiatives etc.. It possibly could have taken a more critical and analytic approach to some of the data underlying those strategies that the NZRB relied on such as the anonymised credit card data to predict the likely POC charge revenue etc. which it described as "credible".

I agree with pretty much everything else you say about the Petone dribble and have been saying that since day 1 and was initially in disagreement with Brian about the potential impact of the Messara report which he raved about. He now seems to have realised that he was sold down the river. I think the dribble you are talking about may be the RITA reports, AGM addresses etc., not the Thornton one? I pretty much agree with you on all those.

Have no idea what happened above, but here goes....

Ahh, we are coming together Curious, merging as one so to speak, you may be right..to a point, I don't agree at all with GT report, however you would be closer to it than I, I'm just so sick and tired of the whole ungodly mess. Messara was wrong listening to the expat, sycophantic lunatics that pushed him the wrong info, their own agenda's, he didn't quite realise the gulf between the two countries/psyches,  and although much of what he mooted is common sense, his push for compulsory acquisition and lack of understanding re NZ's lack of gambling culture is damning.

Petone drove the bus over the cliff, with the help of some pretty prominent people, it makes me sick in the guts as it's all been self interest, private agendas, and the industry ran last......you and hundreds like you are now suffering and in fact only a few are holding the industry together. Forget about the cartel up north, I'm talking about real people, not cardboard cutouts, tax minimisers and high flying traders........

• Like 3