Bit Of A Yarn

What am I doing wrong plse folks?  

When I look at fields & results on my mobile - I can't seem to get the website format on my phone that I can  access on my desktop.  The desktop will tell me the breeding of each runner - my phone doesn't (even when I try to select the desktop format on my phone).

Any ideas?

Cheers, J   

3 hours ago, jess said:

What am I doing wrong plse folks?  

When I look at fields & results on my mobile - I can't seem to get the website format on my phone that I can  access on my desktop.  The desktop will tell me the breeding of each runner - my phone doesn't (even when I try to select the desktop format on my phone).

Any ideas?

Cheers, J   

Have you tried scrolling to the bottom of the opening page and loading the desktop version?

Hi Huey - I have indeed!  And it loads something that looks like that initially - but again - once a field is up - I'm back to the very limited info as above.  It's as if it sends me round in a circle and I end up back in the same dysfunctional place.

You could try using in landscape orientation & desktop format. Otherwise a different browser might be the best next step. (Try Brave or Firefox imo).

Good luck. The website detects your screen size / phone and chooses the 'best' layout to render so ones options are unfortunately limited.

On 4/10/2019 at 4:23 PM, jess said:

Hi Huey - I have indeed!  And it loads something that looks like that initially - but again - once a field is up - I'm back to the very limited info as above.  It's as if it sends me round in a circle and I end up back in the same dysfunctional place.

Your phone is defaulting to the mobile version Jess, best answer is to delete the mobile version from your phone and you wont have any issues going forward. 

I routinely have the same problem.

3 hours ago, jess said:

Thanks Barry & co ... I tried that - uninstalled the mobile app, selected desktop version etc and still it reverts to its crappy format ...frustrating.  Thanks anyway .    

You should try my website.  clipform.net I go by the "if its not broke don't fix it:. Have done nothing to make it mobile friendly. Was told it works perfectly on mobile. Overall the same format for last 20 years. As I said if its not broke.......

• Like 1

On 10/4/2019 at 4:21 PM, jess said:

Thanks Freda.  I can get fields up but can't click on a horse and get further info - only trainer, jockey and horse name shows on the screen. Not loving this part of racing .....

I thought I was having a similar problem until I zoomed out. It turned out I was just in too close to see the pop up. lol 

On 4/10/2019 at 4:23 PM, jess said:

Try using Racenet.com.au.  download their app.  You'll find it has all the information you require and more.  It's even 10 times better than the NZ TAB website and app.

On 9/10/2019 at 10:00 AM, Chief Stipe said:

Try using Racenet.com.au.  download their app.  You'll find it has all the information you require and more.  It's even 10 times better than the NZ TAB website and app.

I dispute that. Jess was querying just NZ racing. racenet doesn't have NZ trial form and the commentaries. If you look what even clipform has for NZ its nowhere near. Its not a question of finding winners its in assimilating the form in the most efficient manner.

5 minutes ago, jess said:

Punting is only part of it for me - I look at form and breeding.  I just want to get the nzracing site on my mobile that I see on  my desktop.  No drama - I can live without it.  

There's an option when the mobile version comes up "switch to desktop version"  try that.  You will have to expand your view.

Bad implementation on their part.  The rule on the internet is that no matter what device you are viewing from you see the SAME information.

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

There's an option when the mobile version comes up "switch to desktop version"  try that.  You will have to expand your view.

Bad implementation on their part.  The rule on the internet is that no matter what device you are viewing from you see the SAME information.

Thats not a good rule. With a large screen far more information can be fitted on it in one go. Why should PC users be restricted simply because the developer wants the same format on mobile phone. With clipform.net I've tried to keep the information on screen whilst  switching to a new page of information. That way the viewer doesn't lose his train of thought. Just  because google were finding it harder indexing frames they deprecated frames in html5.   Iframes are not as versatile whilst surplanting a previous page with a new page is far slower than using frames.