Bit Of A Yarn

Alaaluune

Ashley

12 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

You're on thin ice Downes.  I guess you'd know all about lunatics.

Chief, thanks for the opportunity to post here. Occasionally I may have put something up which was of interest to some, at least. However I'm checking out while the lunatic is having another breakdown. 

Kopia

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

13 hours ago, Thomass said:

Get your fickled finger off the freaken trigger ffs...

...you're here to provide a vehicle for the ENTERTAINMENT and ENJOYMENT of the superior Thoroughbred fraternity...

...not run it as a Frat house for your Knat mates....

...a humourless dungeon of doom and gloom....

#wakeup

I can't say I find many of your posts "entertaining" or "enjoyable".  They are mostly crap.  As for YOU supporting the Thoroughbred industry all your posts do is add fuel to the animal welfare critics who seem to have have much knowledge and understanding of the industry as you do.  ZERO!!

Destroy another thread why don't you?

I TRIED to get the MB thread back on track....added another pick of PRECEDENCE...

Im busting my ass for this site..and all you do is close threads down...

Wheres the SOH coming through here...granted I'm not everyone's cuppa...

...but there is ZERO fun...

Go on tell us a joke or have some FUN somehow...and not at moi's expense 

thanks...can't wait

6 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Destroy another thread why don't you?

I TRIED to get the MB thread back on track....added another pick of PRECEDENCE...

Im busting my ass for this site..and all you do is close threads down...

Wheres the SOH coming through here...granted I'm not everyone's cuppa...

...but there is ZERO fun...

Go on tell us a joke or have some FUN somehow...and not at moi's expense 

thanks...can't wait

Then why the F do you take EVERY topic off topic!

I close your threads when they go way over the top, get off topic or are just plain weird.  You sort it!

As for Precedence you had two topics with the same title - suggest you learn when replying to your own posts that you do it within one topic not start another one exactly the same.

As for ZERO fun that is hypocrisy on your part when 99% of your posts are negative viewpoints on animal welfare and or are personal attacks. 

I relplied to Moon who chose to ask something non related to the thread...

I could have ignored him but that'd be rude...the thread would have gone happily onwards discussing said topic...until you stuck your oar...

Aint you got other stuff to do like help Sloiman get re elected rather than troll moi?

MANY posters have problems with your site...ask Freda...any number of threads repeat themselves...I can't even enter my name when logging in...only the email entry works...

BTW personal attacks by moi are ONLY returned..never started 

"low life scum" and you thought that was just fine

Get a grip

On 25/11/2019 at 11:30 AM, Thomass said:

What say you now Weas...still need a rest?

Looks like they've finally got the correct gear on...3rd time VB's, Ear Covers pre...2nd time at a Mile...waltzes in...faster time than other Miles by 3/5L winning by 4L easing down...

Will eat the Oaks distance and still green after only 12 starts...

...should be cherry ripe for the 2 Fillies races over Xmas at HQ...

The Lotto winner must be loving her now...

Definitely would be going to the paddock now if she were mine. Owner's prerogative, of course ...my concern is - and always has been - that too much racing over the shorter trips and/or firm ground will be her undoing. I'm glad she has broken maidens. Please don't tell me it had anything to do with the gear being on/off for the 2nd/3rd time, that's crap. Aalaalune can gallop, we all know that from her 2yo record. At last they found a field she could beat - Te Rapa on a Friday was a whole lot easier than the 1000 Guineas, I guess. So good on them for lowering their sights and getting her confidence back with an easy win.  Time will tell whether the field she beat amounts to anything. 3yo classy filly by Reliable Man = Derby/Oaks path(s) ..and the best way for her to get there is to have a decent break when the tracks are driest (imho), ie from now. She's been 'up' since the winter to prepare for the Tarzino, so a rest now can only do her good. but that ain't in Rogie's DNA - I acknowledge all the experience and success i the stale - I also note the appalling strike rate in recent seasons, including the current one.

2 Stephen Marsh 33 20 26 $644,443 258 2 7.82
7 Team Rogerson 13 19 26 $355,058 231 1 17.77

Translation: More starters than any trainer except Marsh;

1 winner per (app) 18 starters cf Marsh 1 winner per 8 starters

And in the most recent completed season, Marsh (790), Baker/Forsman (785) and Rogerson (774) had the most starters. Strike rates: 1 in 7; 1 in 8; 1 in 12.5 respectively).

If they keep racing her this side of Xmas, I bet she don't even get to the Derby or Oaks ...

• Like 1

Couldn't agree more Chief! Rogerson is past his best, with all due respect. Have admired him for many years but just too much going around now and every time they win a race, "I hold this filly in high regards" or "one of the best I've trained" ... Roger James would be perfect, even so, I though young MacKay was doing a great job as well. Surely deserves due credit! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Weasel said:

Definitely would be going to the paddock now if she were mine. Owner's prerogative, of course ...my concern is - and always has been - that too much racing over the shorter trips and/or firm ground will be her undoing. I'm glad she has broken maidens. Please don't tell me it had anything to do with the gear being on/off for the 2nd/3rd time, that's crap. Aalaalune can gallop, we all know that from her 2yo record. At last they found a field she could beat - Te Rapa on a Friday was a whole lot easier than the 1000 Guineas, I guess. So good on them for lowering their sights and getting her confidence back with an easy win.  Time will tell whether the field she beat amounts to anything. 3yo classy filly by Reliable Man = Derby/Oaks path(s) ..and the best way for her to get there is to have a decent break when the tracks are driest (imho), ie from now. She's been 'up' since the winter to prepare for the Tarzino, so a rest now can only do her good. but that ain't in Rogie's DNA - I acknowledge all the experience and success i the stale - I also note the appalling strike rate in recent seasons, including the current one.

2 Stephen Marsh 33 20 26 $644,443 258 2 7.82
7 Team Rogerson 13 19 26 $355,058 231 1 17.77

Translation: More starters than any trainer except Marsh;

1 winner per (app) 18 starters cf Marsh 1 winner per 8 starters

And in the most recent completed season, Marsh (790), Baker/Forsman (785) and Rogerson (774) had the most starters. Strike rates: 1 in 7; 1 in 8; 1 in 12.5 respectively).

If they keep racing her this side of Xmas, I bet she don't even get to the Derby or Oaks ...

Fair enough...

She appears to be improving with racing though?  And NEVER underestimate gear, Waller got hold of Very Elligent and sorted hers out...same ear cover regime now...and improved again with VB's

The owner's not in good health..perhaps he's looking for FUN over Xmas and those 2 staying races?

Say what you like about Rogie though...without his runners actually 'racing', field numbers would be way down....same as Myers...some trainers adjust training regimes to simply 'race' them into fitness then form don't they?

Bill Sanders did the same...Tommy Smith...

21 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

I'd give her one more to secure enough credits to get in the big races.  Rest her.

Then build up without all that head gear crap.

I'd prefer someone like Roger James or even Lisa Latta to train her if the owner is serious about the Oaks.

she is already Grp 1 and Grp 2 placed, CS...surely that would help her in eligibility for 3yo classics ??

Edited by Weasel

17 hours ago, Thomass said:

Fair enough...

She appears to be improving with racing though?  And NEVER underestimate gear, Waller got hold of Very Elligent and sorted hers out...same ear cover regime now...and improved again with VB's

The owner's not in good health..perhaps he's looking for FUN over Xmas and those 2 staying races?

Say what you like about Rogie though...without his runners actually 'racing', field numbers would be way down....same as Myers...some trainers adjust training regimes to simply 'race' them into fitness then form don't they?

Bill Sanders did the same...Tommy Smith...

From the horse's mouth.

“She will definitely be at the races at Ellerslie over Christmas and New Year. Which ones we don’t know yet.

Edited by Weasel
  • Haha 1

One of the old adages is...

...'when they're in form..keep racing them because you never know what can happen to them'

Being so fragile and all...like

This filly has clearly strengthened up as well now... some look like they need longer distances early on but are too immature...

Her unlucky run against the best at HQ not only signalled she's back....

...but she likes HQ...and that's what you want over Xmas...seasoned, strengthened 3 yos...even before Xmas....5 days later after Xmas,..even stronger

...so obvious 

Edited by Thomass

• 2 weeks later...

Crikey...who doesn't like a good plan?

"Improving" even...Weas...you there...Weas?? Come in Weas..

Aalaalune-action-June-2019-TD-696x464.jp Aalaalune will contest the Gr.3 Lawnmaster Eulogy Stakes (1600m) at Awapuni on Saturday. Photo: Trish Dunell

A switch in plans has led Group One performer Aalaalune (NZ) (Reliable Man) to target Saturday’s Gr.3 Lawnmaster Eulogy Stakes (1600m) at Awapuni to open up options at Ellerslie’s Christmas carnival.

Trainers Graeme, Debbie and Bailey Rogerson changed tack from their original plan to start Aalaalune in Sunday’s Listed Hynds 3YO Salver (2100m) at Ellerslie after discussions with owners Lou Te Keeti and Val Gates.

“We considered the Ellerslie race but sat down with Val and Lou, and we decided that if we went to 2100m now, we couldn’t really drop back in distance,” Graeme Rogerson said.

“By going to the Eulogy, it means we can look at the Ladies Mile and the Royal Stakes at Ellerslie after Christmas.”

Contessa-Vanessa-a-6975-1024x683.jpg Gr.2 Cal Isuzu Stakes (1600m) contender Contessa Vanessa (outside).
Photo: Trish Dunell

It’s the same programme the Rogersons set for Contessa Vanessa (NZ) (Bullbars) two years ago, that filly placing in the Eulogy before winning the Gr.2 Ladies Mile (1600m) at Ellerslie on Boxing Day and finishing second in the Gr.2 Royal Stakes (2000m) at Ellerslie six days later.

Contessa Vanessa went on to win the Gr.3 Sunline Vase (2100m) at Ellerslie before finishing second in the Gr.1 New Zealand Oaks (2400m) at Trentham, the main goal this season for Reliable Man filly Aalaalune.

Already Group One-placed in this year’s Sistema Stakes (1200m) at Ellerslie, Aalaalune finally broke out of maiden company with a scintillating four-length win at Te Rapa last start.

“She’s gone to another level since then too,” Rogerson said.

“Have a look at her sectionals and what time she can run. Debbie is just so happy with her. She’s a very good horse that’s still learning. She’s still growing into herself. 

“But she’s got that ability and hopefully we’ll see that shine through on Saturday. She’ll be better as she gets over further (distance) but she’s still sharp enough to race well this weekend. She’ll be very competitive.”

Aalaalune heads the TAB market for the Eulogy at $2.80, ahead of Belle Plaisir (NZ) (Proisir) at $4 and Showbeel(NZ) (Savabeel) at $4.20.

Edited by Thomass