Bit Of A Yarn

Dream of Glory Inquiry - What a joke

Happy Sunrise

What a bloody joke the stipes even consider the Dream of Glory inquiry. It gets inconvenienced at the start for sure, but lots of mobile trot races have horses breaking in front of others who are consequently miles out of position, not just a metre or two as Dream of Glory was, but 10 or 20 metres or even more, and no one cares. Not even a false start.

I would have thrown all the toys out if they landed on the side of Dream of Glory.

16 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

What a bloody joke the stipes even consider the Dream of Glory inquiry. It gets inconvenienced at the start for sure, but lots of mobile trot races have horses breaking in front of others who are consequently miles out of position, not just a metre or two as Dream of Glory was, but 10 or 20 metres or even more, and no one cares. Not even a false start.

I would have thrown all the toys out if they landed on the side of Dream of Glory.

What is a joke is P. Lamb. How many shonky starts does this bozo have to do before something is done? This fellow is the worst starter in the history of harness racing in NZ. After last years NZ Cup start fiasco how he is still in job is baffling. Sack P. Lamb he is incompetent. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

How many shonky starts does this bozo have to do before something is done? 

It was well within his enormous margin of error.

As we all know his performance is not subject  to a standard. This start is maybe forgivable as it happened near the start and he may have missed it but his letting trot races start when horses are miles off the start is not.

16 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

It was well within his enormous margin of error.

As we all know his performance is not subject  to a standard. This start is maybe forgivable as it happened near the start and he may have missed it but his letting trot races start when horses are miles off the start is not.

personally I think he has been doing a good job starting in recent times. His mobile s tarts seem driven at the right speed and seem consistently good.

I understand what you mean happy when you refer to horses starting so far back from the unruly position. Drivers are consistently warned for being back from a mobile but nothing is said when they deliberately  start from 20m or more behind the front line. Its a major handicap when they do that and itseems to be the drivers faults to me. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, the galah said:

personally I think he has been doing a good job starting in recent times. His mobile s tarts seem driven at the right speed and seem consistently good.

I understand what you mean happy when you refer to horses starting so far back from the unruly position. Drivers are consistently warned for being back from a mobile but nothing is said when they deliberately  start from 20m or more behind the front line. Its a major handicap when they do that and itseems to be the drivers faults to me. 

Are you taking the piss mate? Good job? Starting a mobile should not be difficult, get horses in line, slowly build up speed of the mobile start vehicle so that all horses are in line and then steadily build up speed until the start is reached. Jack Mulcay did it well as did other Addington starters. It's that simple even Stevie Wonder could do it. Lamb can't. Often he takes off while horses are facing the wrong direction and the poor nags have to sprint just to catch the mobile and have run their race before they get to the start. I agree Lamb's mobile starts are better than his standing starts, but as his stands are diabolical, not much improvement is needed to better them. Sack Lamb he is useless.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

Are you taking the piss mate? Good job? Starting a mobile should not be difficult, get horses in line, slowly build up speed of the mobile start vehicle so that all horses are in line and then steadily build up speed until the start is reached. Jack Mulcay did it well as did other Addington starters. It's that simple even Stevie Wonder could do it. Lamb can't. Often he takes off while horses are facing the wrong direction and the poor nags have to sprint just to catch the mobile and have run their race before they get to the start. I agree Lamb's mobile starts are better than his standing starts, but as his stands are diabolical, not much improvement is needed to better them. Sack Lamb he is useless.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.  If you watch recent mobile starts at Invercargill you will see the mobile driven at inconsistent speed. The same as at Auckland sometimes..  I believe the main reason horses that are already on the mobile break pre start  is because the mobile is  going too slow. Starters obviously go slow if a horse is slow to come into formation,but when they go too slow it nearly always results in some breaking or hanging.

I think we have an understandable fixation on Lambs starts,and I think his previous obsession with having every horse standing  still for a few seconds is what led to some poor starts. I think he has changed recentIy for the better. He does do more stands than other starters and his field size is also greater.

8 hours ago, the galah said:

We'll just have to agree to disagree.  If you watch recent mobile starts at Invercargill you will see the mobile driven at inconsistent speed. The same as at Auckland sometimes..  I believe the main reason horses that are already on the mobile break pre start  is because the mobile is  going too slow. Starters obviously go slow if a horse is slow to come into formation,but when they go too slow it nearly always results in some breaking or hanging.

I think we have an understandable fixation on Lambs starts,and I think his previous obsession with having every horse standing  still for a few seconds is what led to some poor starts. I think he has changed recentIy for the better. He does do more stands than other starters and his field size is also greater.

what's wrong with our starter here in Auckland ??? he's a very fair at giving good fair starts 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, hunterthepunter said:

what's wrong with our starter here in Auckland ??? he's a very fair at giving good fair starts 

Never said he wasn't a very good starter but I believe his mobile goes at inconsistent speed now and again waiting for slow horses close to a start. . I believe the addington starter is better at mobiles.  Just my opinion

1 hour ago, the galah said:

Never said he wasn't a very good starter but I believe his mobile goes at inconsistent speed now and again waiting for slow horses close to a start. . I believe the addington starter is better at mobiles.  Just my opinion

every one for themselves but my opinion is our starter up here is more consistent than yours in Canterbury

3 hours ago, Rangatira said:
Just catching up on tapes after 5 days away. Why was a false start not declared & how wasn’t Dream Of Glory declared a late scr?
What was Mr Lamb doing (common question)?
What was the JCA watching/thinking?
Basic, basic stuff. Punters pantsed. Again

What did he think of the starter at Auckland the same night with Mr good and evil who was declared a late scratching? That was more obvious. I think both starters got it wrong.

3 hours ago, Rangatira said:
Just catching up on tapes after 5 days away. Why was a false start not declared & how wasn’t Dream Of Glory declared a late scr?
What was Mr Lamb doing (common question)?
What was the JCA watching/thinking?
Basic, basic stuff. Punters pantsed. Again

The horse was 3/4 of a length out of position at the start which is nothing in comparison to many a trotter who are interfered in the score up.

To even suggest it should be a false start is silly and even sillier to suggest it should be a late scratching when it is compared to other races where horses are so much more inconvenienced. Is it because it is a Purdon horse it gets special attention. 

I say well done to the stipes and the JCA because if you are going to be rubbish at something at least be consistently rubbish.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

To even suggest it should be a false start is silly and even sillier to suggest it should be a late scratching when it is compared to other races where horses are so much more inconvenienced. Is it because it is a Purdon horse it gets special attention. 

"Stewards delayed the all clear and questioned driver M Purdon regarding this incident and whether that interference had materially prejudiced his chances (finished 3rd)."

the possibility exists

• Haha 1

On 27/10/2019 at 9:12 AM, the galah said:

in this post you go on about mobile tarts what do you mean?????????

• Haha 2