Bit Of A Yarn

NZ Cup Heats

bamboozla

On 11/5/2019 at 6:34 PM, CrossCodes said:

And Kamada Park and Hot Platter both felt the pinch tonight, especially the latter who was down to a walk.

Beaten by a much better trainer, the days of a Freeman runner winning a big race are long gone.

Maybe he needs Aleisha Speight  back in the country to give him a hand (or another orifice) in the Palmy raceway toilet block like many of us used to witness.

On 11/5/2019 at 6:45 PM, gambler said:

Cross codes give it a rest. 

On further advice I apologise cross codes. She's a slapper. From way back

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Mehe said:

Haha so you tried and got it costs you  or did she turn you down as well

Far out she hasnt been here in nz for a long time and we have idiot's like you running her down 

She treated her dogs good 

Say that to the dog she had that was supposed to be rehomed but was found in the wild in pup instead, unregistered aswell

Edited by BitofaLegend

1 hour ago, Yankiwi said:

Very interesting swabbing pattern at Addington last night.

95 Swabs taken!

https://www.grnz.co.nz/catch-the-action/13761/stewards-report.aspx

Have the RIU finally began to mature & had their balls drop?

If so, I can't wait until their voices start to change!

About time... They have started to do their job. I wonder how they chose who had bloods and who had pee tests done. Let's see what they do with the results first before we believe anything has changed

Wonder how they test for psychology. And I wouldn't hold my breath on the results of the testing last night unless its caffeine chocolate, or antibiotics that they are looking for. Anything more exotic will be beyond the spend spent on the tests. As the saying goes, you only get what you pay for.

3 minutes ago, aquaman said:

Wonder how they test for psychology. And I wouldn't hold my breath on the results of the testing last night unless its caffeine chocolate, or antibiotics that they are looking for. Anything more exotic will be beyond the spend spent on the tests. As the saying goes, you only get what you pay for.

Think it was a great idea , but 96 dogs , i hear all riu policies were thrown out the door , no supervision of dogs from the enclosure as stipulated in the rules , trainers left to wonder back with no care in the world , the use of plastic bowls that were handled by all sundrie and left just sitting on your kennels with a bottle of water handled by who knows, not stainless steel bowls as stipulated in the rules and dogs were not put in swab kennels as stipulated by the rules , again if you are going to do anything do it right.my trainer said it was mayhem in the kennel block .

48 minutes ago, bamboozla said:

I must be missing something, how does Barrel Runner start in a c3 race today as a winner of 1 race? 

You didn't miss a thing...

27.1 Sprint/middle distance races: 

(c) CLASS 3 – This is a Race for Greyhounds graded at Classes 1-3 provided that the highest graded Greyhounds shall have preference in selection.

A tactic used to get non-chasing & fighting dogs to race against higher class/faster/more experienced dogs, to hopefully keep them from acting up...

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Quite interesting that the #3 & the #4 were both wearing blinkers & they were the only two not looking at/towards the lure in this freeze-frame from tonight's race.

Surely the RIU will close ranks & conveniently not be able to see what I've spotted & documented here.

image.thumb.png.cf4c83ead81ab7af0718793ec278e185.png

They are probably looking at the dogs coming across right in front of them . ??

2 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

You didn't miss a thing...

27.1 Sprint/middle distance races: 

(c) CLASS 3 – This is a Race for Greyhounds graded at Classes 1-3 provided that the highest graded Greyhounds shall have preference in selection.

A tactic used to get non-chasing & fighting dogs to race against higher class/faster/more experienced dogs, to hopefully keep them from acting up...

I get the logic, though almost an open admission the dog would likely pick up a ticket if dropped back to a C1. (Had a few like that myself) So if it won today is it a C1 or C4? Seems a bit absurd it could win a C3 and drop back to a C1. I would have thought a 600m would be right up it's alley provided the race isn't too weak!

7 hours ago, bamboozla said:

So if it won today is it a C1 or C4?

If it had won last night, it would have remained graded as C1. 

28. GRADING PENALTIES

28.1 Subject to the provisions of Rules 28 to 32, a Greyhound shall be re-graded to the next classification upon winning one Totalisator Race in any grade except for C1 where a Greyhound must win two Totalisator Races before being re-graded to C2. 

28.2 Subject to the provisions of Rule 34.3, a Greyhound competing in and winning any Race higher than its grade at a Totalisator Meeting shall be re-graded from its assessed class at time of Nomination to the "next highest class"

Shocking grammar in my opinion "next highest class". 

Further to that, "Class" is not defined within GRNZ rules, nor is "Grade" for that matter.

Remit required....