Bit Of A Yarn

Retention Barns

1 hour ago, Blossom lady said:

Why is HRNZ so far behind the times and not have retention barns for all group1 races. Races like the cup and dominion should be a minimum  of 48 hours. 

Ist that just to give the perception that every  thing is on the level.

Isnt the reality that the work done to increase the oxygen carrying red blood cells has already been done,so a retention barn is not going to change anything for some.. I guess it depends on the method being used as to whether a retention barn is effective.So the literature says anyway.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/11/2019 at 1:20 PM, the galah said:

Ist that just to give the perception that every  thing is on the level.

Isnt the reality that the work done to increase the oxygen carrying red blood cells has already been done,so a retention barn is not going to change anything for some.. I guess it depends on the method being used as to whether a retention barn is effective.So the literature says anyway.

It's not just ACS  that is the problem out there.

if the rumours are to be believed the trainer with a better udr than all stars is nebulising a certain gas into his horses.

what about bleeders. Would stop the use of formaldehyde and other substances. I wonder how long Lazarus was bleeding down under? Funny he went nil out of the retention barn in the miracle mile.

there is a stallion that may have a horse in the sires stakes final that as a 3yo could win his eliminations but once the finals come around and retention barns were used always found a way to get beat.

Imagine if last years derby was under 48 hour retention then perhaps a certain treatment wouldn't be going through the courts.

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1

45 minutes ago, Blossom lady said:

It's not just ACS  that is the problem out there.

if the rumours are to be believed the trainer with a better udr than all stars is nebulising a certain gas into his horses.

what about bleeders. Would stop the use of formaldehyde and other substances. I wonder how long Lazarus was bleeding down under? Funny he went nil out of the retention barn in the miracle mile.

there is a stallion that may have a horse in the sires stakes final that as a 3yo could win his eliminations but once the finals come around and retention barns were used always found a way to get beat.

Imagine if last years derby was under 48 hour retention then perhaps a certain treatment wouldn't be going through the courts.

Very interesting.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...