Bit Of A Yarn

Weekend Kiwi Quiz

Gammalite

17 hours ago, hunterthepunter said:

Ricky may inky lord

Very close indeed , but no cigar. Ricky in the bike.

This bloke does look a little like Inky Lord but unlike him was unable to win the NZ cup at his crack at it against another Ex-pat kiwi in Lightning Blue just before Inky Lord came along.

This bloke ended up in Brisbane here for a very high sale price but never reached the Dizzy heights of Lightning Blue and Village Kid.

2 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

It is me I do believe.

Winner Winner!!!. Yes HAPPY SUNRISE it is. Couldn't help but put up a photo as with your posts everywhere, all I could see was this magnificent animal.

He came to Brisbane , along with HYPERSTAT from Victoria who had won 20 in a row or something. for $1/4 mil each I believe. everyone was gob-smacked as 1/4mil then, would be like 1 mil now I guess. They both performed moderately with 5-6 wins each over 2 years or so in Brisbane without a big race win, so probably bought to an end those huge purchases.

That stable had some luck though later on in 2003, picking up a moderate Tasmanian horse FLASHING RED who had won 15 from 60 starts racing for 3 years in Tassie , then after they bought him, he went on to take 2 New Zealand Cups and an Auckland Cup among other big wins. lucky pick up for sure.