Bit Of A Yarn

2 Jockeys ENJOYING HQ's hospo...

Thomass

16 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Wouldn't be able to use the mobile phone on an OZ racetrack!

Oh shoot didn't notice that...Shorn isn't it?

So Kathy Ohara got pinged for arranging her dinner options that night with the hot bf...65 times over a year...

Shorn's the same Jockey who told his Dad that the other on pace Jockeys in the race won't be challenging him...

"so Dad we have an UNCONTESTED lead...just GET ON"

Is he ringing his punter mates for more on course inside info?

Who knows...but it's INTEGRITY 101 this kind of shit...

And our Feds are totally HOPELESS at Policing our weak rule..

Amazingly our Jocks CAN use their phones...In THE JOCKS ROOM...

...but only to arrange rides...believe that and you love tooth fairys

• Champ Post 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/12/2019 at 4:58 PM, Fred said:

Surely the use of a phone is a basic human right -It is only in the fly blown land that they have skippy courts and presume everyone is descended from Ned.

Actually you know Shaun fairly well seeing as his partner is Sammy now Fred?

Could you ask him who he was calling that day and how slackly is the rule policed by the Magoos at RIU?

Also do they have random checks like they did with Kathy Ohara?

I well remember a few years back Bridget Grylls getting on her phone to warn there was drug testing going on at Te Aroha..to her Jockey mate...

...suddenly that mate had tire and puncture problems and couldn't get to the course

So you still think it's a basic right to warn others about drug testing?

Well Muzza...maybe not if it's a simple green Durry...da Merry Jane...da chronic...da dagga...da shit...

Racing though will send you to da JCA court with wannabe cloth heads ready to send you to purgatory...

...when we all know some Jocks ride better with calmer nerves and seeing gaps larger than normal...or ghosts even?

Was Shorn warning some travelling Jock to bring their devices so they could play solitaire together between racing...or arranging a bet with his punter?

Who knows....

I do know what he's doing is AGIN the rules...and I do know...

...the RIU will keep any warning in house..because they simply hate being shown how to do their jobs

2 hours ago, Dark Beau said:

I just go along flashing my lights at the on coming traffic all of the time.

It slows them all down!

What is wrong with that??

Good plan. Can't find any traffic laws to suggest that it is. 

Only this:

In New Zealand, a motorist is not allowed to flash car lights 'dazzling, confusing or distracting other motorists'.

The fine for an offence of this kind is $150.

Be difficult to consider  a speed camera warning flash meets those criteria I'd say.

and this:

"it is not illegal in NZ. I recall many years ago, someone was charge with obstructing police or some such. The judge ruled that for the charge to succeed,there had to be an unwarranted presumption of guilt in respect of the person who was warned, and threw it out.

And the question was why should it be illegal to warn a mate of drug testing or an ACC bus en route. Is that illegal too?

9 hours ago, curious said:

and this:

"it is not illegal in NZ. I recall many years ago, someone was charge with obstructing police or some such. The judge ruled that for the charge to succeed,there had to be an unwarranted presumption of guilt in respect of the person who was warned, and threw it out.

And the question was why should it be illegal to warn a mate of drug testing or an ACC bus en route. Is that illegal too?

Yes, I don't think it is illegal to flash your lights due to a police presence/speed camera. I believe they can ticket you however if they believe that flashing your lights is a hazard to other traffic. Bit of a stretch, for sure. 

1 minute ago, mardigras said:

Yes, I don't think it is illegal to flash your lights due to a police presence/speed camera. I believe they can ticket you however if they believe that flashing your lights is a hazard to other traffic. Bit of a stretch, for sure. 

Yes. That appears to be the case. If the intent is to encourage oncoming traffic to check their speed, then it would seem a bit of a stretch for sure.

On 24/12/2019 at 3:27 PM, curious said:

Do you think it's a basic right to flash your lights at oncoming traffic to warn them when they are approaching a speed camera?

If The rat bastards have set one up to cop 5kms over in a zone where everyone's on Hols....like Tamaki Drive...where the RAT BASTARDS got moi...

then yes....flash away...

warning other drugged Jockeys...TOTALLY stupid example....

6 minutes ago, Thomass said:

If The rat bastards have set one up to cop 5kms over in a zone where everyone's on Hols....like Tamaki Drive...where the RAT BASTARDS got moi...

then yes....flash away...

warning other drugged Jockeys...TOTALLY stupid example....

So if the cops are testing for drugs/alcohol and not speed, then you'd have a problem with cars flashing lights to warn other drivers then.

You want drivers to put their fellow drivers at risk because you want a driver to warn you, so that you can drive 5km+ over the speed limit, and as a result of that, end up warning a drunk or drugged driver who then slows down to maybe kill someone else down the road due to their potentially impaired driving. Good one.

You've stated it on here. You want to be warned, which also warns potentially drugged/drunk drivers - so that they can possibly kill others on the road further on. Very noble of you.

Exactly the same scenario you think is disgraceful in the world of jockeys. Warning someone to prevent them being caught this time - to allow them to potentially risk others at a later time. Something you think is fine when you are involved, but not for others.

Typically two-faced. A sane person would consider both scenarios the same way, whether in favour of or not. But not you.

It's so easy to make you look stupid. No doubt because you are.

Edited by mardigras

Somehow Methinks you missed the 'neuroscience' segment of Cop the f on 101...

subsection 'understand and advance collective understanding'

Believe me when I say there's ABSOLUTELY NO correlation between drugs while riding and driving 5 km's over the speed limit...

Ones 'revenue gathering' 101...the other saving Jockeys from drug addled Meff outriders...

wtf up

43 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Somehow Methinks you missed the 'neuroscience' segment of Cop the f on 101...

subsection 'understand and advance collective understanding'

Believe me when I say there's ABSOLUTELY NO correlation between drugs while riding and driving 5 km's over the speed limit...

Ones 'revenue gathering' 101...the other saving Jockeys from drug addled Meff outriders...

wtf up

It's not me that isn't copping the f on.

It's you that isn't able to cop anything on. It's because you are retarded.

I've never stated any correlation between driving 5kms over the speed limit and drugs while riding. Sadly, flashing lights at someone doesn't differentiate the oncoming drivers as to whether they are traveling 5kph over the limit, 50kph over the limit, driving drunk or drugged. You're happy to tell them all that they should beware of the potential for being the target of police activity. Good on you for putting other drivers at risk - just so long as you escape a paltry fine for breaking the road rules.

You've publicly endorsed drunk and/or drugged drivers being warned of police presence on the roads. Endorsing them to be given the flashing light to slow down. Stop them being caught with drugs on this occasion, before they potentially kill someone in the future doing the same thing. Just as in the case with a jockey being warned.

This thread's about the HOPELESS RIU's laissez fairy attitude towards policing basic 

INTEGRITY 101 shit....

Jockeys are so relaxed and ignorant of the rules here...

...they think nothing of using their devices in the Birdcage while on International Telly....

Other jurisdiction's Punters are laughing their collective heads off at our....

INTEGRITY FAIL...

Go away and have another 'arf