Bit Of A Yarn

Court Day

gambler

1 hour ago, gambler said:

Official  reply from ministry of Justice. He's gone for a call over which is trial by jury on 28th Feb. They can't release charges

Well that is good news. Now that all procedual matters have been dealt with all that is required is jury selection on the 28th of February. Those who withdrew their official statements will hopefully be subpoenaed along with all past and present staff. 

That is not the case

Most of coles court days have been call overs and 

I dont think it is trail day on the 28th 

I think you will be looking at another 6 months yet before trail call overs have to be done every two or three months as far as I know

44 minutes ago, Mehe said:

That is not the case

Most of coles court days have been call overs and 

I dont think it is trail day on the 28th 

I think you will be looking at another 6 months yet before trail call overs have to be done every two or three months as far as I know

Incorrect, they have been adjourments. The judge made it clear to the defense that no more delays would be tolerated. The callover was originally scheduled for September but did not proceed as the defense lawyer delayed citing that he would be out of country on that date. A callover's purpose is to deal with procedural issues and make sure the case is ready to proceed to trial. A judge conducts the jury trial callover and once satisfied the case is ready to proceed, sets the trial date. A callover is the final step before the trial begins.

13 minutes ago, Mighty5 said:

Just wanted to know if  people think the trainers that take his dogs are supporting him?

Yes as are the owners who continue to race with him. An innocent person would be looking to clear his name as quickly as possible. If found guilty under GRNZ rules the licenced trainer involved is ultimately responsible and her licence can be revoked. A training licence cannot be transferred to a family member.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Cockyaleg said:

A training licence cannot be transferred to a family member.

Could this be the underlying reason Sam was granted a public training license to just about everyone's surprise? GRNZ might have created the infrastructure for the ultimate transfer of ownership/trainer.

Hypothetically, Sam could rent the current Cole property, Lisa runs off with her rumoured "significant other" & Rendell purchases or rents a neighbouring/nearby property for Brendon to hang his hat, if prison doesn't become his residence.

With that, the paperwork would all be in line & nothing would ultimately change.

Potentially, the crowning jewel with GRNZ integrity.

Could this be the underlying reason Sam was granted a public training license to just about everyone's surprise? GRNZ might have created the infrastructure for the ultimate transfer of ownership/trainer.

Hypothetically, Sam could rent the current Cole property, Lisa runs off with her rumoured "significant other" & Rendell purchases or rents a neighbouring/nearby property for Brendon to hang his hat, if prison doesn't become his residence.

With that, the paperwork would all be in line & nothing would ultimately change.

Rumour is Mullane is on her way and is about to take up a new position.

2 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

I retract the possibility of this hypothetical scenario.

I have received some further information & I have now formed the opinion that Brendon's helper in the image is not Sam whatsoever.

It is my belief that person in the image is another person who is listed as a public trainer on the GRNZ website.