Bit Of A Yarn

Court Day

gambler

19 hours ago, racinggreys said:

The tight few that they all were. Lets recap, Cole, Rendle, Davy boy, the tow truck driver, whom else was here, they were all big punters and probably still are.

Enough evidence right there lol .1 under investigation.2 had to step down as CEO 3 biggest disqualified man in history 4 ?............?

• Like 1

20 hours ago, racinggreys said:

The tight few that they all were. Lets recap, Cole, Rendle, Davy boy, the tow truck driver, whom else was here, they were all big punters and probably still are.

Known as the tight five they always inflated the on-course turnover when making an appearance at the track. Sometimes their bestie bookie also joined them. Nothing like having a direct line to the best odds, a practice I see as questionable. The mug punter stuck with what was left after the pack took the lion's share of the prize.

One issue that has always bothered me is the Scott fiasco. At the time Scott was offered up as a sacrificial lamb, another member of the rat pack also sat on the board. Both Scott and Rendle possessed the same swabbing information, both had ties to two specific CD trainers. Alarm bells should have shaken the board to its core, yet Rendle held his seat. We have all watched how that has unfolded since, ending with Rendle's resignation following the SPCA revelations. The look could not be any worse. Ego, greed, corruption. The tight five legacy lives on. 

Charges have been laid and a court day set. The two major protagonists continue to deny wrongdoing but their actions speak to guilt. You would think that innocent people would be chomping at the bit to get to court and clear their names, yet it appears the delays are theirs. A contingency plan does not come together overnight does it. And what of those involved in the mass kennel exodus? If Cole is found guilty their credibility is shot to pieces. How do you hold your head up if you were part of a lie? If you were part of the conspiracy? A collaborator?  Self interest before integrity. You have all been played.

The more I see, hear and read, the stronger my abhorrence grows.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cockyaleg said:

Sometimes their bestie bookie also joined them.

I've long heard rumours that there was a "swept under the carpet" moment at the TAB with at least one bookie.  Once source of that information I would deem extremely reliable.

Do you have a name for this "bestie bookie"?  Are they still employed at the TAB?

Send me a PM with the information if you wish.

Thanks

2 hours ago, Cockyaleg said:

Known as the tight five they always inflated the on-course turnover when making an appearance at the track. Sometimes their bestie bookie also joined them. Nothing like having a direct line to the best odds, a practice I see as questionable. The mug punter stuck with what was left after the pack took the lion's share of the prize.

One issue that has always bothered me is the Scott fiasco. At the time Scott was offered up as a sacrificial lamb, another member of the rat pack also sat on the board. Both Scott and Rendle possessed the same swabbing information, both had ties to two specific CD trainers. Alarm bells should have shaken the board to its core, yet Rendle held his seat. We have all watched how that has unfolded since, ending with Rendle's resignation following the SPCA revelations. The look could not be any worse. Ego, greed, corruption. The tight five legacy lives on. 

Charges have been laid and a court day set. The two major protagonists continue to deny wrongdoing but their actions speak to guilt. You would think that innocent people would be chomping at the bit to get to court and clear their names, yet it appears the delays are theirs. A contingency plan does not come together overnight does it. And what of those involved in the mass kennel exodus? If Cole is found guilty their credibility is shot to pieces. How do you hold your head up if you were part of a lie? If you were part of the conspiracy? A collaborator?  Self interest before integrity. You have all been played.

The more I see, hear and read, the stronger my abhorrence grows.

Valentic was the other I couldn't remember

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

I've long heard rumours that there was a "swept under the carpet" moment at the TAB with at least one bookie.  Once source of that information I would deem extremely reliable.

Do you have a name for this "bestie bookie"?  Are they still employed at the TAB?

Thanks

Was a big unit (fat) with glasses and only had the tip of his jandels hanging out of Valentic's and Scott's ass... His name eludes me but it will come to me..... to be continued. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, racinggreys said:

Valentic was the other I couldn't remember

True but Scott was the only one who immediately rang his trainer and said he's just heard that a particular drug was undetectable so offered to supply it to his then trainer. Worse still the homo's defence was he was trying to help out his struggling trainer! Bet ya a hundy he would of been the first to vanish if the trainer used the shit and got caught! Does it not seem mighty strange that all of the names mentioned to do with "skull duggery" have all had connections with the Cole kennel at some stage or another? Just saying? I'm hoping the dog industry doesn't end up in the same situation as when Scott got busted and it took 3yrs for all the "Scott" prefix dogs to filter out of the system. Can GRNZ please allow renaming of all Bigtime dogs to BT.... Whatever (although against naming rules) or at the very least "BeeTee" whatever. This way the Bigtime prefix becomes excitint immediately just like the crooked trainer and his supporters and this abortion of a situation doesn't plague the sport forever as well. 

• Champ Post 2

6 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Thanks

Good evening to you Chief.

The answer to the first part of your question is yes, but I cannot confirm whether he is still working for that particular organisation. As he has an account here and has made comment on this thread or at least a recent thread, he may like to answer your questions himself. He might also like to share if he raced dogs with either or both of the trainers mentioned in the post you quoted.

45 minutes ago, Cockyaleg said:

No I do not believe he was alone, why would he be? The information should never have been shared with the board. Why it was remains a mystery. 

I would guess its because they assumed the board was made up of people who were : (a) police vetted, (b) held in high regard amongst the Industry and their peers, (c) had integrity, (d) would withhold information privy to board meetings to themselves and (e) had nothing to gain from the privilege of knowing this info. Of which all of them failed the criteria in most ways! I must say I don't believe Rendle is a cheat, true fact. I believe he's so balls deep in investment with the Cole kennels that his potential losses currently leave him with his hands tied and his pants down, he's a very astute business man who I'm sure is looking for an out but likely has little options open for the amount of dogs he's now got, a predicament he has only himself to blame for. 

• Like 1