Bit Of A Yarn

63 year old man ???

On 22/12/2019 at 9:59 PM, jess said:

All right-thinking people are naturally disgusted at the behavior of the individual convicted of Grace Millane's murder.

NZ has unique law when it comes to  name suppression.  We might not like it but sometimes there are good reasons. When people breach suppression laws thinking they are punishing the wrong do-er - they may end up creating collateral damage in the form of someone else whose rights are trampled on in the process - someone who most certainly does not deserve for this to happen.  There is nothing heroic or admirable in breaching suppression in this case.  And taking such action certainly does not make the 63 y/o (whoever it is) a good or righteous person.

I am content to stay within the law and let matters run their course.  And that position is most certainly not because I have any sympathy for that person who was convicted for that heinous crime.  My father used to always say to us kids "fools & bairns should never see a job half done".  I'm well past being the latter & I try not to act like the former.  I am prepared to be patient.  I believe all will be revealed in the fullness of time. 

Seasons greetings to you all. 

J.

This is another example of the truth being spoken (well, written really) by the wise one known as Jess.

Personally, I am irritated by not knowing the name of this convicted killer, but there must be a darn good reason or three why we cannot be told until after sentencing (February, I believe). We must trust in the wisdom of the Judge.

Why it takes 3 months for a sentence to be decided is, however, beyond me.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Partly because our courts are grossly inefficient in how they are run.

But also because respective legal teams will no doubt be filing legal argument on what the sentence should be.  Part of the process.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Weasel said:

This is another example of the truth being spoken (well, written really) by the wise one known as Jess.

Personally, I am irritated by not knowing the name of this convicted killer, but there must be a darn good reason or three why we cannot be told until after sentencing (February, I believe). We must trust in the wisdom of the Judge.

Shirley you can work it out weas...

Why does Joe Public recieve name suppression in ANY case?

What could be about to happen looking forward..not backwards?

16 minutes ago, Thomass said:

Shirley you can work it out weas...

Why does Joe Public recieve name suppression in ANY case?

What could be about to happen looking forward..not backwards?

I don't know why you persist in talking in riddles....

Weasel - in cases like this particular name suppression there is usually another charge on the books.  One he hasn't been tried for yet.

2 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Weasel - in cases like this particular name suppression there is usually another charge on the books.  One he hasn't been tried for yet.

I was trying to protect you from going to court and getting spanked Chef...

Are you allowed to say the bleedin obvious these days?

2 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

indeed..my 'best guess' would have been 'further charges pending' and/or protection of an innocent party/parties...