Bit Of A Yarn

Horses to Follow Over Xmas / New Year

Happy Sunrise

On 23/12/2019 at 10:37 PM, hunterthepunter said:

webs reactor will be good roughie over in the coast

Driven quiet all 3 days. Right field today,just wrong tactically.Should really have won.Waiting for next year?

I have to admit its hard to work out what the point is of sitting on the fence when you can sit parked on a slow speed,especially if the leader has average form. Lots do it. 

Edited by the galah

10 hours ago, the galah said:

Driven quiet all 3 days. Right field today,just wrong tactically.Should really have won.Waiting for next year?

I have to admit its hard to work out what the point is of sitting on the fence when you can sit parked on a slow speed,especially if the leader has average form. Lots do it. 

It's just not that good. 

Go and have a look at its second day run. Had every chance and got to the top of the straight travelling like the winner and then went nowhere. 

Today it was unlucky. And driver admission was he should have kept coming out. But felt horse was best ducking and diving and feeling competitive when in amongst other horses and he expected the Dean Taylor horse to tire as it had done on the previous two days so went back to the inside but it kept trucking and the gap never came. 

Having helmet knocked over eyes at the top of the straight probably didn't help much either. 

As it came off the float tonight. 

"Will win a race at some point, just a bit mentally and physically weak yet, haven't had many travel as good as it did on the second day at the 400m only to be gone burger at the 300m."

Perhaps the March trip might be more suitable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Counter Punch said:

It's just not that good. 

Go and have a look at its second day run. Had every chance and got to the top of the straight travelling like the winner and then went nowhere. 

Today it was unlucky. And driver admission was he should have kept coming out. But felt horse was best ducking and diving and feeling competitive when in amongst other horses and he expected the Dean Taylor horse to tire as it had done on the previous two days so went back to the inside but it kept trucking and the gap never came. 

Having helmet knocked over eyes at the top of the straight probably didn't help much either. 

As it came off the float tonight. 

"Will win a race at some point, just a bit mentally and physically weak yet, haven't had many travel as good as it did on the second day at the 400m only to be gone burger at the 300m."

Perhaps the March trip might be more suitable.

Thanks for that. I actually thought its first 2 days runs were as good as any in that field. It was just the right field for it to be considered a top chance. 

My theory has always been if they are in the top 3 in a race it is better to get a run and be driven at a speed they are comfortable with  rather than sitting and hoping for luck. I think most horses prefer it that way and are more likely to give their best that way.

But I understand the tactics used,its just I think they were not the right ones. I understand the driver not keeping coming out as the horse was going strong at that point and would have taken quite an adjustment in momentum to be restrained behind the horse outside it.

I find the races from reefton just as interesting as  a premier meeting as having a bet is my hobby.  We all have different takes on things,but the main thing is we enjoy it.

I hope the horse does well for the connections and driver in the future. 

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1