Bit Of A Yarn

race 1 rangiora

the galah

Whats peoples opinions of the stipes decision to suspend the driver of kens dream for striking the wheel of mono gamble after mono gamble broke and ran in and out and virtually came to a stop in front of trailing runners.

Mr Dobbs driving may not inspire punter confidence, but  I've watched this race several times and to me it looks like mono gambles driver fails to take his horse clear of the field when in a gallop. 

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, the galah said:

Whats peoples opinions of the stipes decision to suspend the driver of kens dream for striking the wheel of mono gamble after mono gamble broke and ran in and out and virtually came to a stop in front of trailing runners.

Mr Dobbs driving may not inspire punter confidence, but  I've watched this race several times and to me it looks like mono gambles driver fails to take his horse clear of the field when in a gallop. 

Galah, I believe you are right on all counts.

Firstly no Lionel Dobbs is probably not one of our most promising drivers, however it totally appears that the Stipes have once again gone for an easy target!

Can not for the life of me see anything that Mr Dobbs did wrong in any way.

Mono Gamble gallops and Kens Dream had no chance whatsoever of avoiding it!

What on earth was Mr Dobbs to do?

Pull the horse up to a standstill?

Ne didn’t appear to have any opportunity to do this and there was certainly room along the inside for Kens Dream to carry on!

Just another shocking decision by the Stipes and hammer another more or less amateur.

Clowns!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, the galah said:

it looks like mono gambles driver fails to take his horse clear of the field when in a gallop. 

John Dunn looked right and saw luminosity so then veered left into the line of Ken's Dream. To get 4 days for not showing a 'level of care' is harsh.

I go back one week to when Spanna was poorly driven and was basically driven into a race ending check by Budvar Eyre. The stipes didn't think that was a lack of a 'level of care' or a matter of professionalism.

The starter yesterday allows a race to begin with an attendant standing in the front line holding a horse. Well, that is not a 'level of care' if I have ever seen it. The screenshot below is just after the starter has said 'right' and the tapes are already gone.

Consistency? No way. One rule for some and another for the rest.

image.png.0bd82baf478733d4c5babbed81b09442.png

• Like 4

I agree with you on that spanna drive the week before.  Mcnally seemed to show very  poor judgment,actually a bit comical unless you had backed it that day. As you say the stipes ignored that.

Hard to work out other than what Brodie says, which was dobbs is an easy target.

The start you highlight should not have happened with the starters assistant still holding that horse. It was a race with a few fractious horses pre start,but an error made there. I still think the starts overall are good these days. Those big fields on the grass tracks with a few fractious horses can be a frustrating watch.

Edited by the galah