Bit Of A Yarn

The Williamsons

Ludwig

29 minutes ago, Ludwig said:

Looking at the fields for Winton and Omakau, it will be fascinating to see how many wins the family, both as trainers and drivers, can achieve over the southern circuit. They are a real asset in the south.

Especially now that Brad is back driving. Good on him for taking the young Tomlinson girl. She should benefit from the W touch now that shes domiciled there.

Greg

• Like 1

Great family and great seeing them get the success with all the travel they do and  with hopefully more over the holiday period. Where has Matt’s partner Charlotte gone? I see Kerryn Tomlinson driving for Williamsons

Edited by Hoss123
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Hoss123 said:

Great family and great seeing them get the success with all the travel they do and  with hopefully more over the holiday period. Where has Matt’s partner Charlotte gone? I see Kerryn Tomlinson driving for Williamsons

Charlotte had their child not long ago so must be hard to find time especially driving down south for 1 or 2 drives but I see is driving Alexy next week and maybe others. 

Wonder where trotter Davey Mac is, finally found form for Phil but disappeared.

32 minutes ago, Hoss123 said:

It's great to see the good guys getting success . Richly deserved.

• Like 2

Guest CrossCodes

Well the stable went like a pigs ass today! Pathetic! All well supported , many had good runs and did zilch......something clearly amiss with the team but they keep on sending them around. I feel the days of the Williamson and Nairn idolisation  are well and truely over (for whatever reason)........... 

41 minutes ago, CrossCodes said:

Well the stable went like a pigs ass today! Pathetic! All well supported , many had good runs and did zilch......something clearly amiss with the team but they keep on sending them around. I feel the days of the Williamson and Nairn idolisation  are well and truely over (for whatever reason)........... 

I for one will continue to idolize Nairn and old man Williamson. Two fellas that are well respected and know a thing or two. They might just be going through a bit of lean patch at the mo, something that most stables have at some point in time. Unless it's the blue army that just continues to march on.. and on. Some of their troops get injured (Turn It Up, Spankem etc) but they just get replaced. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CrossCodes said:

Geeze you are a hard marker bud. There is definitely nothing wrong with the team, and how you got that has me stumped. Talking through the wallet are we?.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

Geeze you are a hard marker bud. There is definitely nothing wrong with the team, and how you got that has me stumped. Talking through the wallet are we?.

A couple had mid race mishaps which happens and the other won a maiden last week and the idiot punters sent it out a $1.90 fav in a mobile start 4 days later v a horse in Crusher Collins which has won close to $50k....... 

Sorry Globe I thought MM was home, 55 last half leading and still got run down, great drive by Brad just beaten by a by a horse with the softer run- great season I assume a spell now and hope Dark Horse is ready to rock and take over.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dougie said:

A couple had mid race mishaps which happens and the other won a maiden last week and the idiot punters sent it out a $1.90 fav in a mobile start 4 days later v a horse in Crusher Collins which has won close to $50k....... 

Sorry Globe I thought MM was home, 55 last half leading and still got run down, great drive by Brad just beaten by a by a horse with the softer run- great season I assume a spell now and hope Dark Horse is ready to rock and take over.

Yes spell now. Not going to the Southern Lights. Im still nursing a sore throat from yelling at the TV. He had Oscar (mick g,s best horse in the Sthn hemisphere) beaten but Winterfell got the cold shot at them. Hes a very good horse and the next few seasons will be fantastic to follow. Dark Horse keeps finding ways to not want to get back to the track. Eventually she will after a long break, and from all accounts still has her speed. Patience its called.Hopefully we get some youngsters qualified for the Jewels .

• Like 1

On 12/31/2019 at 9:05 PM, CrossCodes said:

A winner at omakau midweek, they pick up the first at Roxburgh. Things seem to be humming pretty well.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Roman said:

And charlotte got a winner as well on a Williamson trained trotter, the stable sure isn't firing at all!! Haha

How good was that drive by Charlotte on a pretty average trotter so to speak, 11 out of 10.

Interested to see Monty Python goes an the grass tomorrow and what price... long straight should suit.