Bit Of A Yarn

Auckland cup

Oh no more stake money list by AS stable, letting the teller runner sneak into 3rd. 

Now 5 out of last 6 wins for AS stable, including 1 tri and couple more placing in this total domination era! Thank god for christen me upsetting adore me.

previous to this total domination era you had to go back a few years to Auckland Reactor win. 

Would you believe in one of those in between years every horse in the race beat the 2 AS horses home! Hard to believe something like this could happen now we are in this total domination era!

oh well I guess the hard "work" pays off!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Harewood said:

Very good win by self assured. 3.59  leading all the way. Had challengers but fought them off.  Now the No1 All Stars  horse?  Come along way in a short time.  A good race to watch plenty of moves and challengers. 

Just repeating the same record from last 3 running of cup. 1st Vincent then turn it up now Self Assured. 

Amazing how all these horses look like world beaters!!!

3 hours ago, Blossom lady said:

Just repeating the same record from last 3 running of cup. 1st Vincent then turn it up now Self Assured. 

Amazing how all these horses look like world beaters!!!

Some ones got to win why not the  the best horses. Do you have a problem with that 

• Haha 1

Well just checking results and Allstars taking out all four feature races at Auckland. Auckland Cup a bit like NZ Cup with a horse that is not in AllStars stable, sneaking into third amongst their cohort.

No Aussies like Gammalite, I'm ThemightyQuinn or Flashing Red are likely to take an Auckland Cup this Aussie side of Tasman for quite some time by the look of it. [ Not likely to even attempt it anymore either, as Impossible with AllStar dominance]

'Thank the lord' the stake money in Brisbane is piss-weak and Mark only popped over with SELF ASSURED (won all 4 starts)and PRINCESS TIFFANY in the wintertime and of course won the QLD Derby and QLD Oaks very easily. 

We had the Queensland Cup G2 the other day and Colt Thirty One back home could win that without Allstars around. phew !!!

• Like 2

Really, a forgettable race.    Lead, stay there.    No real challenges during the race.    Very average time for these  days.    Seems drivers/trainers accept the inevitable and save their horse for the best of whatever crumbs are available.     A fairly good size crowd there for these days but I never saw any sizable queues at the windows, and no doubt same off course.     For  a day/twilight meeting I thought the club missed out by selling $30 hot meals where I am sure a cold meat and salad bar would have been very popular alternative for mid summer.    Sure hot meals could still be on offer for those who preferred.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Harewood said:

maybe they are do  you have some evidence they could not be 

Ok genius. Please explain to me how AS go from a very good stable winning the odd group race while having started I'm most of them(which is results you would expect from a legit stable) to winning 95% of group races including many 1-2 and 1-2-3 results  in now what is a total domination era. Also no matter how many horses break down they always manage to conjure up a replacement. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Blossom lady said:

Ok genius. Please explain to me how AS go from a very good stable winning the odd group race while having started I'm most of them(which is results you would expect from a legit stable) to winning 95% of group races including many 1-2 and 1-2-3 results  in now what is a total domination era. Also no matter how many horses break down they always manage to conjure up a replacement. 

Tut tut getting a bit fractious there Blossom. So you insinuating that the AS are not a "legit stable"  If not legit they must be doing something that is unlawful. Please explain what evidence you have to substantiate this slanderous claim. 

If you go back over the years you will note that Mark Purdon only used to have one or manybe two horses in any group race. As he has got bigger and more successful so have his clients and their buying power. Sucess breed sucess and now the AS have so many well bred and expensive horses it is only natural they will have better horses to the point of having multiple  starters in the big races. They have what seems an edless supply of good young stock comming through. They manage them so that there is always one waiting  to replace any sold or broken down ones. If they dont  preform they are sold off so only the best of the best remain to start for them. Look at Taxman, hot fav during cup week. Hasnt preformed and is now with another trainer. Their factory is geared to keep producing new stock for the money races and this they do very well. If they dont purchase at the sales  some of the leading horses their clients just go and buy them ie Oscar B.  

Im  not saying it is healthy for any sport to have one dominant player but it happens worldwide in alot of sports. The AS do what they do extremly well and are to be admired for what they achieve even if one dissaproves of the dominance. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/01/2020 at 10:35 PM, Harewood said:

Tut tut getting a bit fractious there Blossom. So you insinuating that the AS are not a "legit stable"  If not legit they must be doing something that is unlawful. Please explain what evidence you have to substantiate this slanderous claim. 

If you go back over the years you will note that Mark Purdon only used to have one or manybe two horses in any group race. As he has got bigger and more successful so have his clients and their buying power. Sucess breed sucess and now the AS have so many well bred and expensive horses it is only natural they will have better horses to the point of having multiple  starters in the big races. They have what seems an edless supply of good young stock comming through. They manage them so that there is always one waiting  to replace any sold or broken down ones. If they dont  preform they are sold off so only the best of the best remain to start for them. Look at Taxman, hot fav during cup week. Hasnt preformed and is now with another trainer. Their factory is geared to keep producing new stock for the money races and this they do very well. If they dont purchase at the sales  some of the leading horses their clients just go and buy them ie Oscar B.  

Im  not saying it is healthy for any sport to have one dominant player but it happens worldwide in alot of sports. The AS do what they do extremly well and are to be admired for what they achieve even if one dissaproves of the dominance. 

what a faking joke Harewood what is that smell  smells like bullshit 

• Haha 1

On 16/03/2020 at 10:24 AM, hunterthepunter said:

bit behind the times well you keep reading the  star paper barewood good article coming up on your 4 silver stars stable 

And an even better  article on your beloved blue and one star stable runter. The **** is about to hit your fan.

• Haha 1