Bit Of A Yarn

Past Race Callers?

Newmarket

Anyone recall the surprise trooper race call from reon at reefton trots many years ago, horse was leading by near half a lap, up the straight he was down to a walk,  then down to a crawl and then broke, got second or third from memory, but was a hilarious, someone maybe able to get audio of it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mikeynz said:

Did the Royal wedding too i think, in fact he did a fair bit of commentating when one thinks of it, Stanley Rio winning the the interdoms too.

Reon Murtha was a gifted driver too. Had all the tactics known from watching the greats in action.

That is him 2nd From the left, looking the most professional amongst this group waiting for their drives. Could be the BOAY Cup ? with the original BOAY contributors !

Reon, of course Won the Race these guys are waiting for easily !! DSC02135.thumb.JPG.32e0401c058ab87a946f1b8599139307.JPG 

On 1/9/2020 at 10:16 PM, Ronaldo said:

Murray Burns ?   Can remember his " You can run to the tote "   Nice guy met  him once at Radio Pacific   function, would have been mid 1980's.

Calls Cambridge workouts, don't think always but regular enough. Isn't there a workout caller on here or was? I think I read about it a lil while back and didn't he give a cash donation prize for a fun selections game? Couch something or Pouch or something, have included him in the game but I can't remember the full user name.

Hello Couch something if you are reading this. Iv tried to include you 😁

Edited by Karrots
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Karrots said:

1 hour ago, Gammalite said:

Reon Murtha was a gifted driver too. Had all the tactics known from watching the greats in action.

That is him 2nd From the left, looking the most professional amongst this group waiting for their drives. Could be the BOAY Cup ? with the original BOAY contributors !

Reon, of course Won the Race these guys are waiting for easily !! DSC02135.thumb.JPG.32e0401c058ab87a946f1b8599139307.JPG 

Anyone know the others,is this a celebrity race?Is the guy next to Murtha Rodney Bryant

Edited by mikeynz

40 minutes ago, mikeynz said:

nyone know the others,is this a celebrity race?Is the guy next to Murtha Rodney Bryant

Yes , a media race. Notice Reon has a whip and the others don't !! lol.... very smart man.

That's Ian Chambers on the Far right. A 30 year career South Island commentator / race Caller , many of you will know.

31 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Yes , a media race. Notice Reon has a whip and the others don't !! lol.... very smart man.

That's Ian Chambers on the Far right. A 30 year career South Island commentator / race Caller , many of you will know.

Rob Fielder on the left perhaps, wonder if Rob Muldoons there, maybe standing behind the others😄

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, mikeynz said:

What role does he have at the ODT,news or racing?

he has done most things but i don't recall racing being one of them

senior reporter, deputy chief reporter, regional editor, day editor, letters to editor, obituaries, ''Prester John'' column, ''The Wash'' column