Bit Of A Yarn

shartin

4 hours ago, JJ Flash said:

We might have to revert to sending our best drivers Eljay to give DD some new competition given he was awarded driver of the year.

Greg

Yes indeed - incidentally there was a Kiwi driver here a couple or so weeks ago.     Has driven more winners than Herlihy & McKendry combined.      Ross Wolfenden.

31 minutes ago, eljay said:

Yes indeed - incidentally there was a Kiwi driver here a couple or so weeks ago.     Has driven more winners than Herlihy & McKendry combined.      Ross Wolfenden.

Pretty useful bloodlines there Lloyd. Ross has been in US for quite  awhile now if my fading memory is corect

Greg

On 24/02/2020 at 9:34 PM, hunterthepunter said:

shartin voted US horse of the year great for putting nz harness racing on the world map and could lead to more sales to the US

Here's an interesting article about the breeding of Shartin N. It's good if you are interested in bloodlines.

https://harnessracingupdate.com/2020/02/28/a-closer-look-at-the-pedigree-of-shartin-n-the-2019-horse-of-the-year/

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

Here's an interesting article about the breeding of Shartin N. It's good if you are interested in bloodlines.

https://harnessracingupdate.com/2020/02/28/a-closer-look-at-the-pedigree-of-shartin-n-the-2019-horse-of-the-year/

Very interesting and I remember Bravine well. She was a pretty decent race mare around the late sixtys and into the 70,s. I used to follow breeding with interest, and commiserate with the author on less interest shown in the distaff side of the the breeding equation .Just goes to show that good bloodlines are equally passed on from both parents.

I always thought Tintin In America would leave a speed horse as he was exceptionally quick himself, and clean gaited.

Also nice to see NZ,s flag being waved, and we are building a very promising breeding platform of sires , not undue to Bettors Delight being a major part of that.