Bit Of A Yarn

GOTTA TICKET WESTPORT FRIDAY....

OLDWHITEMAN

51 minutes ago, Brodie said:

CP, 6 weeks would on the face of it be rather too long to still be in a trainers name if he has not been gearing the horse up!

A different trainer can make a helluva difference to a horse in a week or two, by change of feed and training methods.

High time this anomaly was changed.

I don't agree, but know better than to get into an argument with you so will just leave it at that. 

Just wanted to explain what the most logical reasoning was with Gotta Ticket..

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

CP, 6 weeks would on the face of it be rather too long to still be in a trainers name if he has not been gearing the horse up!

A different trainer can make a helluva difference to a horse in a week or two, by change of feed and training methods.

High time this anomaly was changed.

as usual I am in full agreement with the brodster

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Counter Punch said:

I don't agree, but know better than to get into an argument with you so will just leave it at that. 

Just wanted to explain what the most logical reasoning was with Gotta Ticket..

Cp, fair enough but as soon as a horse is in another stable, the realistic thing is that it should be notified to the punters!

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Counter Punch said:

The horse has been listed as horse movement since after the Blenheim meeting. Each time it's raced since then it's been publicly notified as being an official horse movement to Ken Ford.

I think the time frame is six weeks before it has to be an official trainer change. I think. 

You'd imagine the horse has been with the Fords to allow it to race  in Canterbury/Otago and after this weekend it will head back to Blenheim. 

Thanks CP. I guess your explanation makes sense but I agree with Brodie six weeks is far too long before an official trainer change is notified. 

I am so confused that I am not going to back Gotta Ticket today. 

• Like 1

On 3/03/2020 at 11:39 PM, Brodie said:

Probably not!

Driver still waiting for first win after 151 starts!!

Field appears to be far better than it has been racing as well recently.

Is following out a reasonable horse but you would be a brave punter to be taking offloading too much.

Lightweight drivers tend to be the ones to back on the grass especially over 2600m

Dont let me put anyone off if they think it has a chance though!

Tidy run, as I thought locked up on the rail, best place to be with the junior on, ran on ok, plenty in behind, nice day out over there, racing average in my opinion, to much leader bias, all winners off the front, only truly run race was the big race, and the best finish, razors edge did slip under my guard.Reefton Sunday, anyone going over.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/03/2020 at 11:39 PM, Brodie said:

Probably not!

Driver still waiting for first win after 151 starts!!

Field appears to be far better than it has been racing as well recently.

Is following out a reasonable horse but you would be a brave punter to be taking offloading too much.

Lightweight drivers tend to be the ones to back on the grass especially over 2600m

Dont let me put anyone off if they think it has a chance though!

Good to see the old boy pick one up today, best draw he has had for a few starts, to short at 9s for me, guess change of driver the key, also sods law, coast form stacked up pretty good. Two of my old suspects that missed my attention today, work the priority today.

• Like 1