Bit Of A Yarn

GOTTA TICKET WESTPORT FRIDAY....

OLDWHITEMAN

I was looking at the fields for Westport on Friday.

My old mate Gotta Ticket is racing and it would have to be one of the worst trotting fields assembled ever. Robbie Holmes and Gavin Smith trained runners are the only horses with any form. I thought to myself that Gotta Ticket has a good chance of finally winning a race here but at the bottom of the field in Horse Movements: Gotta Ticket to Ken Ford at West Melton!

There goes any price I might have got. Will the horse improve with a new trainer?

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

Am pretty sure that he's been with Ken Ford for a while and they haven't been able to get a win with him,so it may be the same on Friday.

Nope. He was trained by Mark Gill in all his starts to date, including last two starts at Waikouaiti. Ms Sheree Tomlinson has driven the horse a number of times so I presume she will be driving on Friday? Be interesting to see how he goes. Personally, I think the horse is better on all-weather tracks.

13 minutes ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

Nope. He was trained by Mark Gill in all his starts to date, including last two starts at Waikouaiti. Ms Sheree Tomlinson has driven the horse a number of times so I presume she will be driving on Friday? Be interesting to see how he goes. Personally, I think the horse is better on all-weather tracks.

He has been with Ken Ford for several weeks now.

Had several starts, has been in horse movements and you can tell by the turquoise breastplate in his races

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Brodie said:

He has been with Ken Ford for several weeks now.

Had several starts, has been in horse movements and you can tell by the turquoise breastplate in his races

I know you are always on the money my old mate but not according to Infohorse. Official records say M. Gill has been training in all recent starts with no mention of K. Ford. I trust your view so it must be an oversight by HRNZ?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shad said:

He's fast and furious the old favourite drawn inside 2nd line, be worth a bet, if he gets locked in there and gets a few gaps up the straight.

Probably not!

Driver still waiting for first win after 151 starts!!

Field appears to be far better than it has been racing as well recently.

Is following out a reasonable horse but you would be a brave punter to be taking offloading too much.

Lightweight drivers tend to be the ones to back on the grass especially over 2600m

Dont let me put anyone off if they think it has a chance though!

Edited by Brodie

8 hours ago, Brodie said:

Probably not!

Is following out a reasonable horse but you would be a brave punter to be taking offloading too much.

Lightweight drivers tend to be the ones to back on the grass especially over 2600m

Ms Gill is a lovely young lady and an excellent horsewoman but for some reason she is not very good in the cart. She is an accomplished equestrian rider and has won numerous events in the saddle. Perhaps it is a confidence thing Brodie? When she gets her first win she will be away!

8 hours ago, Brodie said:

Probably not!

Fair call, but I will probably follow him for the 2days, fields are a little average to say the least, will be trying to sort a few roughies, and stick with some from the xmas circuit, any of you boys going over.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

If this is the case then someone should be fined. If the Fords are training the horse why was Mark Gill still listed as the trainer by HRNZ?

The thing is this sort of thing happens quite often!

If Mark Gill hasn’t got the horse in his care then he is not the trainer!

With respect, there would be a helluva difference in training ability between Mark Gill and ken Ford and the punters should be advised as soon as the horse is being trained by someone else!

Often horses go to another trainer and the horse performs a lot better and then we hear that it is being trained by someone else, and too late to offload!!!!

Caretaker trainer my arse!  
Punters should be advised straight away and not weeks later!!

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

With respect, there would be a helluva difference in training ability between Mark Gill and ken Ford and the punters should be advised as soon as the horse is being trained by someone else!

Often horses go to another trainer and the horse performs a lot better and then we hear that it is being trained by someone else, and too late to offload!!!!

gill is training it going by hrnz

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

I agree mate and you'll get no argument from me that this is wrong. What a HRNZ doing? You are probably right about the difference in training ability too. However, if the horse has been with the Fords for a few weeks as some suggest it does appear to have made much difference to the horses' form? To be fair,  the stock that Mr Gill trains are poor. I don't know why he persists with the horses he has. Sack them, go to the sales and get a decent bred horse and start again.

1 hour ago, hunterthepunter said:

gill is training it going by hrnz

Exactly.

That is the point I am trying to make.

Officially Mr Gill is still the trainer. If he is no longer the trainer why is he still listed as such? Get your act together HRNZ. My good friend Brodie is right this is a shocker. Punters should be informed immediately, not weeks/months later. ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OLDWHITEMAN said:

Officially Mr Gill is still the trainer. If he is no longer the trainer why is he still listed as such? Get your act together HRNZ. My good friend Brodie is right this is a shocker. Punters should be informed immediately, not weeks/months later. ?

do you feel hrnz get the information then sit on it ?

24 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

do you feel hrnz get the information then sit on it ?

I have got no idea that is the problem. What the hell is going? HRNZ say M. Gill trains, but others say K. Ford now training. Who knows? Now I see that T. Williams is driving Gotta Ticket on Friday. He's a good driver, perhaps he will make a difference. Or is the horse now being trained by the Allstars?

• Haha 1

The horse has been listed as horse movement since after the Blenheim meeting. Each time it's raced since then it's been publicly notified as being an official horse movement to Ken Ford.

I think the time frame is six weeks before it has to be an official trainer change. I think. 

You'd imagine the horse has been with the Fords to allow it to race  in Canterbury/Otago and after this weekend it will head back to Blenheim. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Counter Punch said:

The horse has been listed as horse movement since after the Blenheim meeting. Each time it's raced since then it's been publicly notified as being an official horse movement to Ken Ford.

I think the time frame is six weeks before it has to be an official trainer change. I think. 

You'd imagine the horse has been with the Fords to allow it to race  in Canterbury/Otago and after this weekend it will head back to Blenheim. 

CP, 6 weeks would on the face of it be rather too long to still be in a trainers name if he has not been gearing the horse up!

A different trainer can make a helluva difference to a horse in a week or two, by change of feed and training methods.

High time this anomaly was changed.

• Like 2