Bit Of A Yarn

Dexter Dunn

Mardy

Just seen on The Informant online page,that after the Jewels meeting Dex will be heading to the States to drive up until the end of the season...which hands the title to Blair,and also Blair's chance to drive at the World Drivers Champs.I dont think Dex would have caught Blair if he stayed in NZ,but not a bad decision to drive in the states,hes already had a taste for it and am sure he'll be well supported over there.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, Kakama said:

Tab still betting on this until recently. Not bad if you knew he intended to go overseas, sure bet to punt on Blair. 

One reason I never bet on these type of events

He has made no impression on Blair Orange's lead for months. It only got below 20 for a moment and then Palmy raced again. It was a foregone conclusion an age ago.

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Will be interesting to see how John Dunn drives while Dexter away. I’m sure you will see him getting the lead less. 

Good point....amazing how many times they end up with lead / trail scenario.

Mind you....if rival drivers let them dominate so much.....why not.

Can't see John driving any different

• Like 1

What I do know is that Robert Dunn’s Horses will win a helluva lot more races while Dexter is overseas.

It is unbelievable the amount of money Dexter costs the Dunn stable by just beating the Robert Dunn horses.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Brodie said:

What I do know is that Robert Dunn’s Horses will win a helluva lot more races while Dexter is overseas.

It is unbelievable the amount of money Dexter costs the Dunn stable by just beating the Robert Dunn horses.

I disagree , without them driving to help each other, stable will have less winners. I can see rival drivers being more aggressive, which will be good 

5 hours ago, Newmarket said:

I disagree , without them driving to help each other, stable will have less winners. I can see rival drivers being more aggressive, which will be good 

Possibly, I don't tend to notice changes in driving tactics usually so it is hard to imagine drivers changing because one driver is away. Maybe they will all bow to Blair Orange and give him easy leads? I think many drivers have their own way of doing things and are usually dictated to by the draw and horseflesh.

I tend to agree with Kakama. If the Dunn's like to dominate by leading then it is up to the others to...ummm....lift their game! lol

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Don’t believe that the Dunn boys drive to help each other at all!

Alldtsrs would be far more common  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Guest CrossCodes

They certainly won't get any more winners with Matt Anderson driving a lot for the stable, he drove some shockers today, didn't make it with the Allstars so had to settle for Robert Dunn.

1 hour ago, CrossCodes said:

They certainly won't get any more winners with Matt Anderson driving a lot for the stable, he drove some shockers today, didn't make it with the Allstars so had to settle for Robert Dunn.

that's bullshit  allstars did the dirty on matt Anderson just like they tried to ruim blair oranges career go matt and blair

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

that's bullshit  allstars did the dirty on matt Anderson just like they tried to ruim blair oranges career go matt and blair

Not sure about the AllStars doing the dirty on Matt or Blair, but what Imdo know is that they are both very very good drivers.

Matt Anderson is the best junior in the country undoubtedly, and think he might’ve won about 3 today, so that is a pretty return for the today.

He is a likeable young man who seems to be putting in the effort, and is donating half his driving income to a Ronald McDonald House.

Good marketing by him but obviously serious about making a good career out of harness racing.

Good on him,

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

Is Dex still heading to the States?.....been a few weeks since the Jewels....maybe it has fallen thru?.

Think he is still going. Chmiels going over for a holiday too over there.

Now, I can't confirm it, but somebody mentioned to me today that purdons going to USA too? Maybe to team up with laz?

On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 4:32 PM, CrossCodes said:

good training win first up matt hope that kicks the knockers in guts      

1 hour ago, hunterthepunter said:

good training win first up matt hope that kicks the knockers in guts      

Yes, very good win. And excellent drive, didn’t panic when leader sprinted before home turn, but was very strong at finish. Could be a very good horse 

• Champ Post 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/06/2018 at 11:25 AM, Brodie said:

Don’t believe that the Dunn boys drive to help each other at all!

Alldtsrs would be far more common  

DefinitelyBrodie.  All stars responsible for a race earlier this season with the most blatantly choreographed team driving I have ever seen on a race track in 40 years. 

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 2

21 hours ago, With A Dream said:

DefinitelyBrodie.  All stars responsible for a race earlier this season with the most blatantly choreographed team driving I have ever seen onfa race track in 40 years. 

Couldn't be any worse than some of the Butcher boys up north.And if you ask anyone that drives for Allstars they will tell you they are never told what to do in a race,in fact when Blair recently drove for them he was only told that his horse can run a quarter in 26.But don't let the truth ruin your wee story about team driving guys.The fact is if you have the fittest horses with the most speed with the best drivers you are generally going to have all their horses wanting to get handy,hence why they quite often have first 4 in running with a lap to go.

Just the same as Dex and John Dunn generally drive the better horses and are naturally positive drivers so quite often end up lead,trail 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...