Bit Of A Yarn

Is It About Time?

That David Ellis, Mark Purdon , and Brendon Cole shift  their operations Off shore?  and source their racing stock from here in NZ.      In my opinion they have been so successful they have outgrown what we have to offer and their success is  harming the overall Racing Fraternity  here in N.Z.  If you support these three main players maybe we can relocate them and let  racing here at home become once again more personal, loving ,caring.  

• Champ Post 1

19 hours ago, Clarkie said:

That David Ellis, Mark Purdon , and Brendon Cole shift  their operations Off shore?  and source their racing stock from here in NZ.      In my opinion they have been so successful they have outgrown what we have to offer and their success is  harming the overall Racing Fraternity  here in N.Z.  If you support these three main players maybe we can relocate them and let  racing here at home become once again more personal, loving ,caring.  

Agree, especially when you have races where they contain the entire field, own the jocks, buy up all the well bred stock ,own the media etc etc etc. in such a small pond.

I know Clarkie. He is an intelligent straight up guy who was shit on big time. He is highly respected by some big names in Greyhound Racing. He knows how to train and looks after his dogs  He is no longer training because he chose not to due to the treatment dished out to him.  So if you don't know him stop bagging him.  Tim Carter

Edited by Generalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Generalk said:

I know Clarkie. He is an intelligent straight up guy who was shit on big time. He is highly respected by some big names in Greyhound Racing. He knows how to train and looks after his dogs  He is no longer training because he chose not to due to the treatment dished out to him.  So if you don't know him stop bagging him.  Tim Carter

That might be the case Tim but he doesn't do himself any favours by dragging about alleged stuff from over eight years ago.

Also with his recent post lumping Mark Purdon and David Ellis in with the likes of Cole doesn't help either.

If he wants to post about issues specific to himself then he can go for it.  Or if he wishes to address the here and now issues and suggest some changes then so be it.

Bear in mind what he has posted here recently would have seen him banned on other forums.

Yes I know him and have been to his property at Raurimu. Lent him my digger to put in his race. He doesn't hide behind an alias either. Ok he might be a little eccentric by wearing a bowler hat and braces but so is Tyson Fury. You don't judge a book by its cover. I can only speak as how I found him to be. I do not belong to the Greyhound fraternity so I can't comment on things I don't know. However Clarkie has discussed the treatment he received from certain Officials and a lot of what he said is typical of the things that have happened to participants in the thoroughbred and trotting fraternity. The so called" big names" in all 3 codes seem to be able to escape severe scrutiny at times but smaller guys get the book thrown at them. I also cannot comment on previous posts by anyone on this forum as I have not been a regular reader but since the lockdown and you know the rest!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 27/03/2020 at 5:55 PM, Generalk said:

And the very reason why clarkie got put out is with the stuff he is positing on the dog site over the last couple of nights so his treatment was deserved

And to say he knows how to train I think at one stage there was 20 plus years between winners