Bit Of A Yarn

Chief... your expertise needed.

With your experience setting up quickly forum websites I really think your services should be taken up by NZTR, HRNZ, GRC or RITA  Now is the time industry participants must be communicating and floating ideas. Racing management won't go out to forums because they fear any criticism of themselves so if they have control then so be it. The main thing there has to be open two way communication.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

This crisis even if solved soon will revolutionize many ways people work. New Zealand has so many natural advantages it is stupid piling so much money into central Auckland. Example. The convention centre. i.e. the burnt out centre. Why would you come from high density areas like Hong Kong, Tokyo, New York, etc etc and be holed up in middle of Auckland. Also why billions spent on the rail tunnel when a kilometre or two walking to work would do wonders for the heart. Already estimated $5billion probably $8billion when finished.

Racing does not need any offices in Petone of all places. There are plenty racecourses for a head office e.g. Ellerslie and new management techniques using technology for mobility.

• Like 2

On ‎30‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 3:53 PM, Freda said:

Hmm,  not a bad idea.  I've already emailed poor Bernard,  I can just visualise his thoughts as he presses the 'delete' button - god, not this mad bitch again...but any and all ideas have to be worth looking at.

Coincidence perhaps. Suddenly appearing on the other channel request for ideas by email.  That  however is not the same as an open forum.  

On 31/03/2020 at 6:43 PM, Freda said:

I never got an acknowledgement anyway. 

what a gutless prick not replying!  let's get real! this is a small industry, personal contact should be made if   ever needed by any licence holder!

Edited by Murray Fish

14 hours ago, Freda said:

Have received one, finally, from Dan Smith.

Thats good. The way see it there will have to be greater emphasis presenting racing online whilst NZTR are going to have to cut costs. Therefore NZTR & TAB should reach out to people like Chief to advance the online experience.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, The Centaur said:

Therefore NZTR & TAB should reach out to people like Chief to advance the online experience.

in a previous  life! I had talks with the then ceo about the need to be using digital platforms (like the then embryonic RC), to enable 'voices' to be heard! they couldn't see past the troubles of having to deal with Robust debate!!! Far safer to be keeping everything 'in house'! ... sigh

5 hours ago, Murray Fish said:

in a previous  life! I had talks with the then ceo about the need to be using digital platforms (like the then embryonic RC), to enable 'voices' to be heard! they couldn't see past the troubles of having to deal with Robust debate!!! Far safer to be keeping everything 'in house'! ... sigh

Yes however in the early days of RC (angie & dave) the Racing Board were the first to endorse RC  on their racing portal they established can't remember the name. That was before everyone started using Google so portals were common.

Murray, I believe that photographers e.g. Race Images can play a far bigger role online and not just specialize in photos for owners. Any thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/04/2020 at 1:37 PM, The Centaur said:

Murray, I believe that photographers e.g. Race Images can play a far bigger role online and not just specialize in photos for owners. Any thoughts?

Thanks for the question, i needed to think about it before answering.  The short answers is Yes.

Now! here is the twist! what with me suffering from a bad case of 'historical blackballing' from key clubs and players!

I presume you know I have a fb MF acc and run the cwj fb fanpage. Both!!  were set up  10 years ago as examples for others in Industry to follow!  Nope!

Speaking of Clubs!!! sigh, there is a Massive uneven development across the Industry! None are even close to getting 10% of use out of 'social media'. The latest trend, say last 10 years, You must have  degree to get any 'real role in Industry! They often have 'family connections' to Industry No real nuance  to what is needed! Don't get me started about Race Day!!!!!!!!!!!  Fecking Pathetic! and that  is the best example! lol! I'm actually quite bitter about it!!! 

Enough prattle!  only here as a email came in from CS that seduced me back into the site!

If by chance you have a personal connection to a small club then I am happy to talk to you!