Bit Of A Yarn

Is Godber of the RIU deaf and dumb as well as stupid?

Just read what midget said on another site...RIU have hired JCA flop A Doully as a stipe? This is the guy who made the worst decison in NZ racing a few years ago over a protest at Matamata in their Breeders stakes...then earlier this year was bullied by the Winker into not being allowed to question a jockey at an Ellerslie protest...doesn't Godber read the news. Does he not know that TAB and Trackside have made wholesale cuts to employee rosters....and in NZ-no race broadcasts, no newspapers,no on course betting,no form analysts,no Raceform..racecallers getting sacked..the list goes on. Who calls the shots in your RIU over there? Does the sentence 'we have no money, we are fucked' not resonate with these people?

• Like 9
  • Champ Post 2

On 14/05/2020 at 6:14 PM, Kopia said:

Just read what midget said on another site...RIU have hired JCA flop A Doully as a stipe? This is the guy who made the worst decison in NZ racing a few years ago over a protest at Matamata in their Breeders stakes...then earlier this year was bullied by the Winker into not being allowed to question a jockey at an Ellerslie protest...doesn't Godber read the news. Does he not know that TAB and Trackside have made wholesale cuts to employee rosters....and in NZ-no race broadcasts, no newspapers,no on course betting,no form analysts,no Raceform..racecallers getting sacked..the list goes on. Who calls the shots in your RIU over there? Does the sentence 'we have no money, we are fucked' not resonate with these people?

Clarkie...!! Jeeze mate, I read your reply to my post, then I had to go and check some horses, came back and your post is gone? Well to be fair I thought a couple of nicks had got past the keeper to the boundary..?  But your'e pretty spot on with those people. but maybe a bit close to the bone. Seems the old ' lets play hide the sausage' is still rife over there. What pisses me off with this riu outfit is they seem to play favourites? there's one 'senior' jock who clearly gets favours, from the riu and from a certain ex-j.c.a. member. Even other jocks will know who I'm talking about. The game over here in nsw and viccy is just too big for that shit. When I was still training a few in nz I couldnt believe some of the slackness. Seems like who you are dictates how you get treated. 

I have just noted my post has gone too :) and I thought everything I said had merit and  is True... I take Full responsibility for what I post and I thank the Head Stipe until now for allowing this... I am spot on Mate,  because I tell what I  Know  is the truth... Put My Post up again Head Stipe please and I will  take full responibility for any charges these aresholes might come at. They are failed Lawyers and would not have the guts to bring things out in the Open.  They are alligned to the Democrats in the U.S.A. that are Fake and quite frankly are taking us all for a pack of fools...

On 14/05/2020 at 6:14 PM, Kopia said:

Over a week since I posted this. Still nothing from NZTR/RIU about how they intend to save money/cut costs/eradicate waste...Fletchers, Air NZ, plus many other large companies are reducing costs, cutting staff...when are racing industry participants at the ground level going to see some action? Is it going to be typical NZ racing inaction, wait until its too late and wonder ' wha happened'?

• 2 weeks later...

The RIU are right on top of things. 9_9

In fact, look where they were spending their resources just yesterday.

First at the Cambridge dogs...

JUDICIAL REPORT:

1) - Stewards conducted checks on vehicles used for the purpose of transporting greyhounds to and from the race meeting today with compliance orders issued to several trainers.

https://www.grnz.co.nz/catch-the-action/14028/stewards-report.aspx

Then at the Christchurch dogs...

JUDICIAL REPORT:

1). Stewards conducted checks on vehicles used for the purpose of transporting greyhounds to and from the race meeting today to ensure compliance with GRNZ's transportation policy is being undertaken.

https://www.grnz.co.nz/catch-the-action/14029/stewards-report.aspx

3 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

1) - Stewards conducted checks on vehicles used for the purpose of transporting greyhounds to and from the race meeting today with compliance orders issued to several trainers.

what kind of vehicle checks ?

what rule does this relate to ?

3 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

what kind of vehicle checks ?

what rule does this relate to ?

I suspect WOF & Rego.

It doesn't relate to a rule, it relates to a policy.

https://www.grnz.co.nz/Files/Policy/D.7a Transportation-of-Greyhounds-Policy FINAL (1).docx.pdf

As I read the GRNZ rules, I am unable to find where it gives the RIU the task or permission (or the Board for that matter) to enforce any GRNZ "policy". A rule has to be voted in where as a policy can be the stroke of a pen at headquarters...

5. SPECIFIC POWERS OF THE BOARD

5.1 The Board shall have the following Powers in relation to these Rules

(k) To exercise all other powers, duties and obligations contained in these Rules.

Hmmmm, there's lots of policies with no power to enforce...

image.png.43c689d811047cd9c36f9b8b58428c2d.png

12 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

The RIU are right on top of things. 9_9

In fact, look where they were spending their resources just yesterday.

First at the Cambridge dogs...

JUDICIAL REPORT:

https://www.grnz.co.nz/catch-the-action/14028/stewards-report.aspx

Then at the Christchurch dogs...

JUDICIAL REPORT:

1). Stewards conducted checks on vehicles used for the purpose of transporting greyhounds to and from the race meeting today to ensure compliance with GRNZ's transportation policy is being undertaken.

https://www.grnz.co.nz/catch-the-action/14029/stewards-report.aspx

Without knowing the details,wouldn't you think the checks would most likely be related to animal welfare. Given what happened to the  5 McInerney dogs that died in late 2018, are they not just providing proper oversight on that issue?

I think it comes under the Rules and is clearly within the stewards jurisdiction.

62.OFFENCES

62.1 Any person (including an Official) commits an offence if he/she:

(cc) acts in contravention of or fails to comply with any provision of these Rules or any Rules made thereunder, or any policy, notice, direction, instruction, guideline, restriction, requirement or condition given, made or imposed under these Rules;

Subject to these Rules theStewards shall have the power to investigate any matter or thing relating to these Rules including (without limitation) the following:

(a)To enter and inspect any land, track, building, vehicle or other place in, or about which such Meeting, Race, or Trialsare being held, or is about to be held, or has been conducted by any Club.

(b)To enter and inspect any land, track, building, vehicle or other place in which a Greyhound is being kept.

• Champ Post 1