Bit Of A Yarn

Invaluable - race 7 Addington - Favourite??.

Brodie

Cran Dalgety has done this before, lining up a maiden against race winners!

Invaluable still a maiden after 12 starts lines up against a fair field of race winners at Addington tonight, in a 2000m stand!

It always makes me wonder why trainers line horses that havent won, up against race winners?

The surprising thing is that the TAB Bookies have opened it up as favourite at $2.90!!!!!

To be fair Invaluable has run numerous placings and has the best driver in the country in Blair Orange in the cart.

The horse as a maiden has often been very average with the runs it has had and you could t say that jt was going to go thru the classes!!!

Anyway good luck to those  that back it at $2.90, as it is major unders by a big margin I would say!

I actually believed that at the odds Invaluable  is a better bet than Skippys Delight in race 3 was.Was it the Ricky May factor that it so short.Saying that I wont be backing Invaluable

My tip  is Somekindawonderful in the last

• Like 1

Invaluable went not too bad for a non winner, although it did have its chance to win.

The winner went good, change of  trainer has made a big difference.

The race 8 stand over 2000m was another shocker by the starter!!!

Seriously, with all of his experience you would think that he could do a lot better than that???

Certainly if Addington were looking to cut costs, there would be a way!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brodie said:

I think Davey Butt is going to have  a little holiday! Lol

Drives the winner BUT!

Don't know brodie. Just looked like john dunn made a terrible tactical decision to not take the passing lane. Must have won had he taken the passing lane or even just pulled it out earlier. 

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

I think Davey Butt is going to have  a little holiday! Lol

Drives the winner BUT!

I see they fined Butt $500 for excessive use of the whip so that must have been what you spotted. I can't work out why they didn't question john dunn about his drive. Hes a top driver but why did he pull off the passing lane,then why wait another 75m before pulling out? No questions asked a bit timid from the stipes.

10 hours ago, the galah said:

I see they fined Butt $500 for excessive use of the whip so that must have been what you spotted. I can't work out why they didn't question john dunn about his drive. Hes a top driver but why did he pull off the passing lane,then why wait another 75m before pulling out? No questions asked a bit timid from the stipes.

Agree about John Dunn.Was weird drive

11 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

They very rarely ask questions about situations like that. Same with the drive on Percy.

Just not on their radar.

They got Davey, for the no. of whip hits!

Still a rule that needs changing.

Horse normally wins when Driver gets done.

Driver fined or suspended, punterS get nothing.

Note that the Stipes report Now doesnt quote no. of hits now just the Penalty.

43 minutes ago, Happy Sunrise said:

So he should have. He went wild the last little bit.

Yeah fair enough, but horse normally wins when these drivers overuse the 10 count and yet the punter of the second horse hets nothing!

It is a totally stupid rule that  needs amendment.

Why are they not  bothering to have the  report re the socalled offence now?

Because they know that the rule is stupid and try to gloss over it and get some funds for the empty coffers!

coffers

I see the stipes asked the question about the S Ottley drive on Sioux princess yesterday,and so they should have. The most surprising thing was that trainer,M Jones stated his instructions were to have the horse driven with a sit as that is what suits the horse best. Now i think he needs to watch a video of its last 2 wins, and the win the week before that at the trials,but  hes allowed his opinion.

But if we take his comment seriously,which i personally don't,then why do we not have a rule where trainers are required to notify the public of a change in tactics. Punters should have been notified Jones had instructed his driver  to drive in the opposite way to the way it had been driven when it won its previous 2  starts. 

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, the galah said:

I see the stipes asked the question about the S Ottley drive on Sioux princess yesterday,and so they should have. The most surprising thing was that trainer,M Jones stated his instructions were to have the horse driven with a sit as that is what suits the horse best. Now i think he needs to watch a video of its last 2 wins, and the win the week before that at the trials,but  hes allowed his opinion.

But if we take his comment seriously,which i personally don't,then why do we not have a rule where trainers are required to notify the public of a change in tactics. Punters should have been notified Jones had instructed his driver  to drive in the opposite way to the way it had been driven when it won its previous 2  starts. 

this galah bloke on the money

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Rangatira said:

this galah bloke on the money

Backed the wrong Williamson horse Saturday at Invercargill, I took the punt on Humble Ladd first up, ran a nice trial in good time at Oamaru and is generally reliable from the stand ... ran a great race was 6/6  in the betting I got $23-1 here in Aussie only beaten by half a length.

Winner of the race was the enigma Majestic Connie's, was poor first up after the enforced break won and paid $34/11 here .... stewards question Bev Williamson re the improvement she stated " the gelding had trialed well in the lead up to today ".

Well it hadn't trialed at all, may have trained on but hadnt trialed publicly.....stewards should know this and I know can't do anything about it but they look like idiots for accepting a reason that's blatantly false.

8 minutes ago, Dougie said:

Backed the wrong Williamson horse Saturday at Invercargill, I took the punt on Humble Ladd first up, ran a nice trial in good time at Oamaru and is generally reliable from the stand ... ran a great race was 6/6  in the betting I got $23-1 here in Aussie only beaten by half a length.

Winner of the race was the enigma Majestic Connie's, was poor first up after the enforced break won and paid $34/11 here .... stewards question Bev Williamson re the improvement she stated " the gelding had trialed well in the lead up to today ".

Well it hadn't trialed at all, may have trained on but hadnt trialed publicly.....stewards should know this and I know can't do anything about it but they look like idiots for accepting a reason that's blatantly false.

Dougie, she may have meant trialed in its work at Oamaru with other Williamson horses, but not an official trial day?

The Stipes are pretty useless nowadays, so you can say anything and nothing more is ever done about it.

Nandolo won the other  night at Addington, improvement from its run a week before!

We are then read after the horse has won, that Nandolo had had its hocks injected, which always improves a horses performance due to a bit of soreness!!

You are besting your head against a brick wall if you think you are going to be told what is actually going on!

A horse can be trained anywhere but the listed trainers place, and that is just fine with HRNZ!!!!!!