Bit Of A Yarn

New Dates: Forbury is Back

19 minutes ago, the galah said:

As to which courses,for example keeping Timaru ahead of geraldine and waimate makes perfect sense  to me given timaru was to remain open for the gallops

Waimate is just a poor venue in my opinion. Timaru trots are the lowest of the low at times, I thought by the reasoning of reducing costs etc it would make economic sense to run all those weather meetings at Rangiora or Ashburton.

One keeps Forbury open due to the larger population.

Not sure how the gallops makes a real difference (especially in the South Island where it is pretty non descript) when Geraldine is a self sufficient harness track and all the reasons I outlined previously.

25 minutes ago, Mikie said:

If you read the fine print in relation to Avondale RC you might be able to figure out why Forbury got dates back

Mikie

You mean this? 

Conditional reintroduction of five dates to Avondale Jockey Club and ten dates to Forbury Park contingent on the development of regional racing plans before 31 December 2020

Wouldn't HRNZ have already been through this all ready? 

Who will develop the regional racing plans? HRNZ? That will be like asking them to drink a cup of cold sick since they have already recommended to stop racing at Forbury.

1 hour ago, mikeynz said:

Even some of the dates for Manawatu are the same old tuesday thursday ,what's wrong with Wednesday friday ,forbury could have thursday or friday and sunday once a month or something similar there is no consistency in the setup for palmy 2 2 day meets before xmas and nothing again till easter.im done here 4 now ,smartphones starting to piss me off too hard to focus all the time.

I said that there was little consistency in the manawatu dates 2 day meetings in Nov and dec and nothing more till easter,that's where the mini meetings could be effective I ain't looked to see when they are scheduled,this smartphone squinting is doing my head in lol

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, mikeynz said:

When you look at the fields and results from Southland a lot of horses and a lot of winners from Gore area.

Of the 42 races in Southland in June , Otago trained horses won 15 of them ,plus numerous placings ,  and yet we were told lack of horse numbers in area

reason for no Forbury . Must be a few .Real glad to have them back will save me a lot of Diesel.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Wobbler said:

Of the 42 races in Southland in June , Otago trained horses won 15 of them ,plus numerous placings ,  and yet we were told lack of horse numbers in area

reason for no Forbury . Must be a few .Real glad to have them back will save me a lot of Diesel.

Good for you. ?

Hoffman seems to have plenty of horses as does Anderson, I'm happy Forbury are back and no doubt full fields will happen but turnover is the name of the game and Thursday nights historically don't bring in the betting cash.

I'd love to see every Saturday 2 gallops midday starts and south island 1 trot meeting starting at 14:00 to blend in with the Aussie races.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

You mean this? 

Conditional reintroduction of five dates to Avondale Jockey Club and ten dates to Forbury Park contingent on the development of regional racing plans before 31 December 2020

Wouldn't HRNZ have already been through this all ready? 

Who will develop the regional racing plans? HRNZ? That will be like asking them to drink a cup of cold sick since they have already recommended to stop racing at Forbury.

Pretty good Happy!

This is my thinking

NZTR wants to get their grubby hands on Avondale and sell it off (and I'm not offering any judgement on that proposition)

And no, I don't think HRNZ would have been through all this already. 

So here is how I think the 'phone call went

Bring Bring 

"Hello, Dean here, how may I help you?

Hi Dean, it's Bernard here, how you doing today?

I'm ok mate, how about you?

Can't complain, things are good today, have a new supplier of sausage rolls and the pastry is delicious

Thant's great Bernard, I'll pop down

Sweet Deano, but while I'm here can we have a sort out of this Avondale crowd?

Sure Bernard, what's up?

Well, they won't give us their track and they are threatening to call in those blood sucking lawyers, and we haven't got enough in the kitty to fight them. 

Shit Bernard, what do you want us to do for you?

Well Deano, I'm on a Think Tank (editor's comment, that's an exaggeration) with Paul and the Counties CEO whose name I can't quite remember and we reckon if we have another 6 months we can talk those pesky Avondalites into handing over the keys, so I was thinking we will support giving them say, 5 dates, and you give them to them so we can keep working on them. How's about that?

No worries to me Bernard me old son, we can do that. It might mean that we'll have to give Forbury some dates as well because they put in a similar submission to Avondale, you know, regional plan, that sort of stuff., wishy washy PC stuff. Phil won't be happy about that

Aw damn Deano, never thought of that. Can you smooth it over with Phil?

I can't Bernard, because today is Thursday and he won't be back at work until Wednesday of next week. Be too late to tell him then and you know how he hates being called on a golfing Thursday, a golfing Friday, a golfing Saturday, a golfing Sunday, a golfing Monday or a golfing Tuesday. But don't worry about it, he'll be ok. Probably do him a favour as Forbury are also threatening lawyers, something to do with not being consulted. Can't understand their gripe, they were rung once or twice

Sweet Deano, try to keep him happy, he's going to be pissed when I tell him I think he should only get 18.5% of the Code payment

Dial tone

Call ended

Mikie

• Like 1
  • Haha 3