NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Te Rapa gone

Turny

3 hours ago, Poisoned Dwarf said:

Raisedinasandpit didn't help by crashing in the last race

It should have felt right at home

I see 10.7mill has been spent on refurbishments at Water World pity some of that money wasn’t spent upgrading Te Rapa

Te Rapa has zero atmosphere quiet often has a leaders bias at least the running rail has stayed intact 

9 minutes ago, Ghost said:

It should have felt right at home

I see 10.7mill has been spent on refurbishments at Water World pity some of that money wasn’t spent upgrading Te Rapa

Te Rapa has zero atmosphere quiet often has a leaders bias at least the running rail has stayed intact 

I spend my life down at Waterworld and its more of a shit hole than Te Rapa, besides water world is a community owned site, Te Rapa is private enterprise who only has itself to blame.

49 minutes ago, barryb said:

I spend my life down at Waterworld and its more of a shit hole than Te Rapa, besides water world is a community owned site, Te Rapa is private enterprise who only has itself to blame.

All you need is the council to build a monorail between the two Barry and you’d have it made turn Te Rapa into a Sha Tin replace all the factories in the background with high rises Hang on hang on we wouldn’t be able to race at night our meetings would be cancelled not flying running rails not too much sand not too much water on our world frickin FOG how do we frickin win is it asking too much???

Geez you are a passionate fella.

I can walk between the 2, its all of 500 mtrs at most. Waterworld has countless people pooping in it on a frequent basis, Te Rapa has countless people doing the same.

Look it wont matter very soon anyway, racing is so shagged in this country, it has a far shorter lifespan than the pools. 10 yrs tops and racing is finished, so I will be able to spend far more time down at the pools.

4 minutes ago, barryb said:

Geez you are a passionate fella.

I can walk between the 2, its all of 500 mtrs at most. Waterworld has countless people pooping in it on a frequent basis, Te Rapa has countless people doing the same.

Look it wont matter very soon anyway, racing is so shagged in this country, it has a far shorter lifespan than the pools. 10 yrs tops and racing is finished, so I will be able to spend far more time down at the pools.

:D

Doesn't bare thinking about

10 hours ago, barryb said:

Its the first rain related abandonment at Te Rapa I can remember in a very long time, so not sure where you are coming from there.

Barryb, I invite you to read the article on Te Rapa on The Informant site.

You might then agree with me that it was a management cock up!

Can you believe it? The McGregor Grant Steeplechase is going to be run at Trentham! 

Leo Molloy will be having a heartattack just thinking about it, as will so many others from Taupo north, unfortunately. 

Its time to wake up in the north, your tracks are fucked. Ellerslie, Te Rapa, Counties, Te Aroha, Tauranga, Rotorua and sadly you are about to stuff Avondale because of over use. 

What does that leave, Ruakaka, Te Awamutu, Taupo and Matamata? Who have I left out? 

It doesn’t make for pretty reading does it?

Edited by Dark Beau
  • Champ Post 1

Beau, you are not somehow suggesting that Southern tracks are better surely?.

Riccarton for starters is a dreadful wet dive for 9 months of the year. Wingatui the same.

The only decent surface is at Timaru and it has a leader bias to rival Ruakaka.

Who needs enemies when you've got 'friends' like the Wakatoo Racing Grubs??

The ARC get pushed out to 12M...in the knee deep sand...cheers for that Grubs

Sea King got "sand in his eyes, nose and ears ...and he didn't like it much"

WTF would?

Heres a tip boys and girls...

...leave the 'Rail in the true position' for the entire winter...

..then let the Jocks work out where the best ground is...

..but not before you 'suits' provide pen. Readings to punters...

thanks

• Like 1

So Bazz I should have mentioned that was the meeting before...

...this meeting the Jocks went through 2 sets of goggles and got sand blasted after that...

Youd think they would have done some remedial work to either remove some sand...or fix the f in problem after so many complaints??

...they knew the problem was worse further out and onto the crown of the track...

...so wtf did they do??

12 Metered the f'er...clueless

On ‎3‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 5:38 PM, barryb said:

Used to be a fantastic place but to often schools were using it,clubs were using it etc and all of a sudden you couldn't swim the 50m pool.The 25m pool was so congested it was just about impossible to go up and down in the lanes.Tried the outdoor pool but that closes around May.

9 hours ago, Thomass said:

So Bazz I should have mentioned that was the meeting before...

...this meeting the Jocks went through 2 sets of goggles and got sand blasted after that...

Can they only afford two sets of goggles for winter racing these days?

That said, the fact that some horses may not like being sandblasted during the running is a variable that may be difficult to assess and discourage punters.

4 minutes ago, Thomass said:

No it's pretty easy actually...

Just get on horses who race handy while others get sandy grit kicked in their faces...

If battle hardened neddys like Sea King are spluttering imagine what a first starter thinks of the racing game...

Just like those horses racing behind Justify in the Kentucky Derby and the Preakness?

Bring on the All Weather Tracks they are going to make punting easy!