Bit Of A Yarn

Addington Friday 14th

Happy Sunrise

Take an All Stars multi with the shorties or wait until Kurow on Sunday.

For fun, I might take Folkore place 2.40ff into Chase The Hat Trick 5.50ff. 100 for 1320. Notice the 100 dollar bet, I am pretending to be on Trackside using other people's money.

Folklore will probably drift so could be more closer to the start of the race.

• Like 1

Happy you were in fine form picking winners at good odds last Sunday so I'll be following your selections again for sure. Thanks for posting them. 

I have had a quick look at the card. 

It should be a good nights racing, but with the domination of last season's leading premiership winning trainer (Robert Dunn), it is a real turn off for me with him having 5 of the 9 runners in the feature race tonight, it is no good for racing and it is killing the game! 

And another thing why does the main race have to be called the National Handicap Pace? 

Surely a major political party shouldn't be sponsoring a race, and don't they know one can't say "handicap" these days? It's "disabilities", not a handicap. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

For fun, I might take Folkore place 2.40ff into Chase The Hat Trick 5.50ff. 100 for 1320. Notice the 100 dollar bet, I am pretending to be on Trackside using other people's money.

Happy, you do realise that if you collect $1320, you will have to out yourself to the NZ TAB, as you could be a money launderer, and might deserve reporting?

• Champ Post 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Happy, you do realise that if you collect $1320, you will have to out yourself to the NZ TAB, as you could be a money launderer, and might deserve reporting?

Dead right. Pay attention Happy. 

And if it comes in, you will be heavily restricted with any future bets. Probably limited to literally a few dollars only, with a liability of $50. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

You would have had a blast if you were commentating this race.

As a commentator I was scratched well before acceptances. Too hopeless, but you're right, still be a blast (for me at least anyway). 

I've heard in recent times that there are plenty of "chairs" (chairs as in seats not cheers), situated on the Adddington track proper. Surely this isn't true?

You'd think these days Worksafe NZ would be all over this health and safety issue. Especially with a dozen or so horses racing at a decent clip immediately behind the aforementioned chairs. 

I've looked through my Pentax binoculars trying to find this chair that the commentator is referring to during the running of a race, but I'm buggered if I can find it.

Like I've said, my eyes are shot and my commentary days were over really before they even started. 

26 minutes ago, Rusty said:

As a commentator I was scratched well before acceptances. Too hopeless, but you're right, still be a blast (for me at least anyway). 

I've heard in recent times that there are plenty of "chairs" (chairs as in seats not cheers), situated on the Adddington track proper. Surely this isn't true?

You'd think these days Worksafe NZ would be all over this health and safety issue. Especially with a dozen or so horses racing at a decent clip immediately behind the aforementioned chairs. 

I've looked through my Pentax binoculars trying to find this chair that the commentator is referring to during the running of a race, but I'm buggered if I can find it.

Like I've said, my eyes are shot and my commentary days were over really before they even started. 

We have an excellent commentator at the Oamaru trials.

14 minutes ago, Rusty said:

Who does it down there? I will have to have a listen. There is certainly an art to commentary. A tough gig. 

Bev  Williamson. If she's having trouble remembering a horses name, she uses the technique of identifying the drivers....as most of them are her family. Very easy to listen to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nowornever said:

Not his turn today the way he was driven

Yes, almost impossible to win from back there, at those sectionals. 

That race reminded me of a few things.

1. The driver that was fined by the stipes in Aussie a few months back for going too slow (as leader) during the running of a race. 

2. Sometimes it's true that the driver/jockey of the horse outside the leader (in 2nd, or 3rd position) dictates the pace of the race, moreso than the leader. 

On 8/13/2020 at 8:21 PM, Happy Sunrise said:

Are you winning,I cant be bothered checking results.

11 hours ago, mikeynz said:

Are you winning,I cant be bothered checking results.

10 hours ago, mikeynz said:

I watched those two races just nutted in the last,did you actually put ya money on the line?

Just a little. Chase The Hat Trick wasn't close to winning though. Bit disappointing but he will improve.