Bit Of A Yarn

Gallops have “Head to Heads” where are the Harness one’s?

Brodie

Why on earth does the TAB have head to heads for gallops both NZ and overseas, and yet we dont get any on harness?

Headies on gallops from Gore and even Bendigo in Oz!

This Winsurance that they are running appears to be a load of crock, and would be interesting to see how much harness punters are actually Wagering on it?

What I would suggest the TAB actually does, is talk to punters as to what they want to wager on!

Mr Phil Holden as the CEO of HRNZ needs to go into bat for harness before the industry goes into oblivion!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Brodie said:

Mr Phil Holden as the CEO of HRNZ needs to go into bat for harness before the industry goes into oblivion!

Oblivion is the word.

Tried another 25 each way bet today and was restricted to $23.60 on the win bet. WTF is that about. What is the difference! I will have to get creative when I have a decent go in the future it seems.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rusty said:

What have we got $23.60 on Happy? What are we cheering home? 

My thigh has almost recovered from last Sunday, so good to go again. 

It is on a horse who I don't think will win the race but it will win in the near future. It is just a cover bet on the unthinkable happening.

Covering my arse but more for my heart rate.

• Haha 1

I think they tried only putting the option up with about 20 mins to race time unlike the gallops. But even with that the harness punters they say are too good and its too easy for drivers to talk beforehand and conspire!

Even with their control of selections and odds they still lose?   Doesnt suprise any of us?

These guys need an old school aussie bookie. a pencil, piece of paper and a calculator!

Not a case of MOET and a Tablet for their $50M algorithm.

The TABS motto now is: If we lose then we will take it out on everyone but ourselves!

But thats the beauty of a monopoly, no accountability or responsibility other than too themselves to maintain their luxury salaries and perks!

• Like 2

Surely it is just as easy to manipulate a gallops race for head to heads??

If they dont like the head to heads on harness, why dont they have a group betting option of say 4 horses, and first one home????

The NZ TAB continue to have fixed odds with stinking hot favourites in the betting??
Why on earth do they continue with this Process????
They are going to get far more dollars invested with them if they take the stinkers out!!!
It aint that hard to do, but then common sense isnt high on their task list!

39 minutes ago, Brodie said:

If they dont like the head to heads on harness, why dont they have a group betting option of say 4 horses, and first one home????

The NZ TAB continue to have fixed odds with stinking hot favourites in the betting??
They are going to get far more dollars invested with them if they take the stinkers out!!!

I loved the head to heads!    you would see a horse end up paying $1.80 on tote to run 3rd in a 14 horse race, or $1.70 vs $1.90 H2H  just to beat the other home!!!

Even if they were to restrict to $100 max bet I would still take it!     But nah just throw in the towel!!       people might win and then re-invest and increase turnover then the TABS long term profit margin will increase , cant have that!!!!

But they could raise their salaries due to their outstanding and Innovative Business model!!!

Edited by whiplash smile
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

It's probably fair to say a lot of manipulation goes on,ain't that race fixing,horses not running so well so their ratings drop,it probably going on we on the outer just dont know about it.

Edited by mikeynz
  • Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

If you watch aussie harness every race has a red hot favourite.

4 hours ago, mikeynz said:

If you watch aussie harness every race has a red hot favourite.

You are right there are hot favourites in many harness Oz races!

What I am saying is that when there is a hot hot favourite to encourage more money to go on, thenBookies need to take that stinker out of the fixed market!

Not that hard to do, if they want punters to continue to desert, then NZ TAB keep up what you are doing!

Punters are over the shorties and heavy restrictions!

• Like 1