Bit Of A Yarn

Early NZ Cup Thoughts?

Kakama

Guest CrossCodes

The Butt trained horses would be no show in my opinion.

He hasn't trained anything in NZ of any note for years now since his arsenic issues.

Certainly they seem to improve when they go over to Australian, maybe they are a bit more lax in their swabbing, I'm not sure, but I certainly wouldn't pick him to win any decent race over here any time soon.

5 minutes ago, CrossCodes said:

He hasn't trained anything in NZ of any note for years now since his arsenic issues.

Certainly they seem to improve when they go over to Australian, maybe they are a bit more lax in their swabbing, I'm not sure, but I certainly wouldn't pick him to win any decent race over here any time soon.

What arsenic issues?

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

lax in the swabbing what do you mean??? tims horses are going well over there and will win a big race or two

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, hunterthepunter said:

lax in the swabbing what do you mean??? tims horses are going well over there and will win a big race or two

Agree with you. 

With the great run the stable had with lyall creek, take a moment, happy asset, flashing red, Mr Feelgood etc, it was always gonna be hard keeping it up each year. 

I think people forget just how good the stable has done over the years in nz & aus. 

11 minutes ago, Portfolio said:

Agree with you. 

With the great run the stable had with lyall creek, take a moment, happy asset, flashing red, Mr Feelgood etc, it was always gonna be hard keeping it up each year. 

I think people forget just how good the stable has done over the years in nz & aus. 

great he is going so good over there one sided racing a horse in this country at the top level

Guest CrossCodes
On 4/06/2018 at 4:40 PM, Newmarket said:

Before Easter cup, I thought buster Brady was in for big year with a few better horses sold. 

But has been disappointing, maybe see how he goes in a few months after freshen up.

Disappointing again tonight, couldn't even get around without galloping.

He would win a lot of money and races by going over the ditch, he's proven he's not up to the better horses over here, although has been up a fair while and might just be tired.

1 minute ago, CrossCodes said:

Disappointing again tonight, couldn't even get around without galloping.

He would win a lot of money and races by going over the ditch, he's proven he's not up to the better horses over here, although has been up a fair while and might just be tired.

Has he always raced free legged? 

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Be interesting to see how this horse goes in nz. NZ cup this year could be the most open in years. 

Yes great to see other horses interested and entered for the cup. Will be worth wtching this year. 

To me Cruz Bromac is not a good stand start horse and not a 2 miler. Maybe the FFA will suit better as definately has a lot of speed. Could be another Steel Jaw as does like to lead!  

Will be intersting to see what polish the AS can put on the horse to lift it  a notch or two for the Cup.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Harewood said:

Yes great to see other horses interested and entered for the cup. Will be worth wtching this year. 

To me Cruz Bromac is not a good stand start horse and not a 2 miler. Maybe the FFA will suit better as definately has a lot of speed. Could be another Steel Jaw as does like to lead!  

Will be intersting to see what polish the AS can put on the horse to lift it  a notch or two for the Cup.

Dontcha just have to laugh at those that said this year's NZ Cup would be boring because of a lack of depth. Well the lack of depth has had a bang on effect, and given some exciting  horses from other quarters a chance to take out NZ,s top harness prize. Bring it on.

Still sticking to Ultimate Machete should he start. Perfect grinder for this type of race, along with Chicago Bull.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, globederby12 said:

Dontcha just have to laugh at those that said this year's NZ Cup would be boring because of a lack of depth. Well the lack of depth has had a bang on effect, and given some exciting  horses from other quarters a chance to take out NZ,s top harness prize. Bring it on.

Still sticking to Ultimate Machete should he start. Perfect grinder for this type of race, along with Chicago Bull.

Adam Hamilton really spruiking up Chicago Bull, hope the Aussies all come over as we certainly do lack depth in nz at the moment Globe!

I haven't been looking or heard any reports about u machete, anyone know when they are considering starting him?

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1